Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:59:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: In what countries are bitcoin legalized or supported by government?  (Read 1998 times)
rheinland (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 12:34:10 AM

I new to bitcointalk but not new to bitcoin. I was just wondering which countries supports bitcoin, this could be of help as I will be moving to other country for work.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 04:30:34 AM

I new to bitcointalk but not new to bitcoin. I was just wondering which countries supports bitcoin, this could be of help as I will be moving to other country for work.

You are new, so we wont yell at you about searching, this time Wink

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country_or_territory

To save you some time, its pretty much legal everywhere except Bangladesh, Bolivia, Ecuador, Kyrgyzstan and Saudi Arabia. This shouldnt really impede your search for a new place to expatriate to, not shitting on any of these places but meh.  Now, that doesnt speak to regulation; if you are opening a business, specifically a financial institution, you may run into additional shit in certain locales.

welcome to the board Smiley
alfator

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 04:34:34 PM

Estonia
Denmark
Sweden
South Korea
Netherlands
Finland
Canada
United Kingdom
Australia
rheinland (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 06:55:16 AM

You are new, so we wont yell at you about searching, this time Wink

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country_or_territory

To save you some time, its pretty much legal everywhere except Bangladesh, Bolivia, Ecuador, Kyrgyzstan and Saudi Arabia. This shouldnt really impede your search for a new place to expatriate to, not shitting on any of these places but meh.  Now, that doesnt speak to regulation; if you are opening a business, specifically a financial institution, you may run into additional shit in certain locales.

welcome to the board Smiley

Thanks bro..yeah haven't thought of searching it at google first..hehe..are you a developer bro?
rheinland (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:14:52 AM

Estonia
Denmark
Sweden
South Korea
Netherlands
Finland
Canada
United Kingdom
Australia

Thanks bro..will be moving to Canada next year.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 04:03:58 PM

Japan too has legalized bitcoins as well as Israel are working on getting it legalized. It's partially legal in America but they monitor for taxing reasons. Singapore too has legalized it.

seattletu

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 08:47:21 AM

The United States has adopted a by and large positive strategy towards bitcoin. In the meantime, it has a few government offices dealing with anticipating or diminishing the utilization of bitcoin for illicit exchanges. Conspicuous organizations like Dish Network,Dell, and Overstock.com welcome installment in bitcoin. The computerized cash has likewise advanced toward the U.S. subordinates markets, which talks about its undeniably genuine nearness.

Canada keeps up a by and large bitcoin-accommodating position while additionally guaranteeing the digital currency is not utilized for illegal tax avoidance. Bitcoin is seen as a product by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). This implies bitcoin exchanges are seen as trade exchanges, and the salary produced is considered as business wage. The tax collection additionally depends whether the individual has a purchasing offering business or is just worried about contributing.
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 09:15:08 AM

Welcome to this forum. Please go through below link, i hope it will help you

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1813940.0
chaturbateaccount

Activity: 43

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:21:18 AM

in my country it is work
spain
chrissss

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:28:46 PM

i think bitcoin not need to be supported by country .

you can exchange it to $ and use it global
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 04:00:37 AM

Government support is needed for bitcoin development in the future, as more and more people are involved and using bitcoin certainly have a better chance of improving bitcoin progress, although so far not many countries have successfully adopted bitcoin and declared its legality but certainly in line with the time the government will realized how big the positive effects of bitcoin were to bring changes to their users for the better economy.
pthrmsor

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 04:26:30 PM

i think bitcoin not need to be supported by country .

you can exchange it to $ and use it global

I think you can trade from any country as long as you are not converting to fiat currency.
supandi wiharja

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

Earn crypto for being contacted

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:14:40 PM

To my knowledge that countries that have legalized bitcoin are,united states , japan, denmark, south korea and finland because in that country bitcoin legal and authorized by the government as a means of payment.
For my country in Indonesia, the existence of bitcoin is not a legal means of payment, but the government does not ban its use clearly, because there is no law on bitcoin in Indonesia.
There is no government sanction against bitcoin users but ownership risk is borne by the owner.

Blocken

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Crypto Lobbyist

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 06:57:37 PM

Legalization isn't always a good thing. Consider that it may not have been illegal before. It's not like if you make something in your wood shop you need to ask the state if it is legal.

Legalization often provides a framework for how they want to treat it, perhaps separate from existing laws. Sometimes they are just saying they are not going to criminalize it. Whether or not special laws are more beneficial than existing ones is a case by case basis.

"friendly" might be a better term.

Crypto Advocate. Talking to peeps. *Not Lawyer
Block¤Nebula
Support my lobbying: 15CUf3MzfCCyHX638c1x47fg43A
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 01:00:36 AM
Last edit: September 27, 2017, 09:40:29 AM by faceoff97

You can categorized the legalization of bitcoin into three:
1. Government accepted and declared legal - these countries are Estonia, Denmark ,Sweden, Austrilia, Canada, South Korea UK and Finland, Japan..
2. Government not declared legal but not banned - Philippines , Infonesia and almost almost all internet access  countries.
3. Government Banned and declared illegal -north korea, china, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Ecuador, Kyrgyzstan and Saudi Arabia.
rheinland (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:08:13 AM

1. Government accepted and declared legal - these countries are Estonia, Denmark ,Sweden, Austrilia, Canada, South Korea UK and Finland.
2. Government not declared legal but not banned - Philippines , Infonesia and almost almost all internet access  countries.
3. Government Banned and declared illegal -north korea, china, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Ecuador, Kyrgyzstan and Saudi Arabia.

Thanks bro, good categorization. So it i s declared illegal in Bolivia yet I see a Bolivian coin. I was about to buy some of that way back then.
tweetbit

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 08:28:11 AM

1. Government accepted and declared legal - these countries are Estonia, Denmark ,Sweden, Austrilia, Canada, South Korea UK and Finland.

Yes your right, Our country belongs to #2 category (Philippines), we haven't passed a law regarding bitcoin and cryptocurrency but we have much freedom in any aspect to it. Many businesses also been studying for more availability of transactions made through Blockchain technology. But please edit and put Japan, if I'm not wrong on the #1 category as they already legalized bitcoin on that part of the world.

HODL
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1106

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 12:02:22 AM

while I accept the categories,but the list is widely inaccurate

1.Japan has declared it legal
2.grey area countries are almost every other country that hasn't expressively banned or legalised bitcoin
3.China hasn't banned bitcoin,it just "asked" exchanges to stop trading and banned ICO,you are not going to be persecuted for selling,or recieving cryptocurrency as an individual
Venezuela on the other hand,has banned bitcoins and you can go to jail for trading or mining

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
Nameless27

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 03:32:25 AM

I do admire the Japanese Government for declaring bitcoin legality in they're country. I do hope the same for my own county eventhough it is not necessarily needed, for we don't have any problem regarding regulation on bitcoin transactions it is just that the more the government recognized bitcoin more businesses will opened the door of possibilities on accepting bitcoin as payments. More business competitors means less fee and more options.
Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 12:08:10 PM

It seems to me that people don't really understand what the legalization of. I think that now you can only talk about the fact that there are countries that do not prohibit the use of bitcoin, but with significant limitations. And there are countries that legally prohibit the use of bitcoins at any occasions. Full legalization is nowhere.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: