Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:35:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ~~~~~~~~  (Read 11467 times)
zurcnet (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 03:48:26 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2018, 10:21:10 AM by zurcnet

!!!!!!~~~~
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 06:53:28 AM

Overwatch.org
Free Push @ Godaddy
Entertaining offers in $xxxx+ range via PM or email or landing page
Will accept BTC, BCH, LTC, ETH or Fiat via Escrow.com

Is there any proof of you actually owning this domain? I believe it is fair to ask since Overwatch (the game) has become so popular and the chances of a random bitcoiner squatting the domain are really low. In fact, I would not be surprised if you are trying to make a quick buck. Are you the individual reachable at zurcnet@gmail.com, as stated in the website to which overwatch.org leads? If so, is your price actually $10K? There is always a chance that a big player such as Blizzard attempts to legally subdue the domain name for using their trademark, but I don't claim to be a lawyer so I do not know the specifics. Having Overwatch in the domain could mean a legal liability, however.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
minebcc

Activity: 106
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 12:09:36 AM

Great name, good luck!
zurcnet (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 02:49:18 AM

Thanks bud.
btcton
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 10:20:41 PM

OP PMd me about his concerns regarding my comment, so I wish to clarify what I said quoted below.

Is there any proof of you actually owning this domain? I believe it is fair to ask since Overwatch (the game) has become so popular and the chances of a random bitcoiner squatting the domain are really low. In fact, I would not be surprised if you are trying to make a quick buck. Are you the individual reachable at zurcnet@gmail.com, as stated in the website to which overwatch.org leads? If so, is your price actually $10K? There is always a chance that a big player such as Blizzard attempts to legally subdue the domain name for using their trademark, but I don't claim to be a lawyer so I do not know the specifics. Having Overwatch in the domain could mean a legal liability, however.

All I am trying to say here is that there is no way to know for sure that OP here is the same person reachable at the email specified on the landing page of the domain being sold. He claims that he is, which is believable, but in any case it should still be better to contact directly to his email just in the off chance that he is not. About my legal allegations, which the OP also expressed concern at in the PM, I never claimed to be a lawyer. I have simply seen similar cases where domain names get disputed end up going in the favor of the corporation owning the trademark. I do not know any specifics and I am not interested in buying this domain whatsoever (at least at this price). The information I provided was solely as a word of caution for any potential buyer of the domain. I do not have any evidence pointing to this being either legit or a scam, and have no more information regarding the domain or OP than the average reader. I am simply bringing up possible concerns buyers may have.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
betudontbet

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 11:11:28 PM

Overwatch.org
Free Push @ Godaddy

Escrow.com emails are easly spoofed and no one should belive on pages that offers escrow services without beign able to talk with real ppl.
Do you mind using escrow from bitcointalk instead of escrow.com ? Ill be happy to to make an offer for the domain if you accept an escrow agent from here.
btcton
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 12:51:09 AM

OP PMd me about his concerns regarding my comment, so I wish to clarify what I said quoted below.

All I am trying to say here is that there is no way to know for sure that OP here is the same person reachable at the email specified on the landing page of the domain being sold. He claims that he is, which is believable, but in any case it should still be better to contact directly to his email just in the off chance that he is not. About my legal allegations, which the OP also expressed concern at in the PM, I never claimed to be a lawyer. I have simply seen similar cases where domain names get disputed end up going in the favor of the corporation owning the trademark. I do not know any specifics and I am not interested in buying this domain whatsoever (at least at this price). The information I provided was solely as a word of caution for any potential buyer of the domain. I do not have any evidence pointing to this being either legit or a scam, and have no more information regarding the domain or OP than the average reader. I am simply bringing up possible concerns buyers may have.

How about email me from all of them and find that out instead of continuing to make assumptions? I know a lot of scams go on here, so it's understanding that people are paranoid. But I am willing to prove it in any way possible, that I own the domain. Do you want to meet with me in person? See it in my account? Want to call Godaddy and ask them if I am the legal owner? We can call them on three way.

Please stop saying you are not a lawyer, than making legal insinuations about things you do not understand. This domain was regged 6 years before overwatch was even a game. It's a generic term. If blizzard wants to try to UDRP (thats the name of the process) the domain from me, I invite them to try. Their presumed attempt at reverse hijacking a generic term domain name they have no legal right to will never work. I have never once infringed upon their trademark, nor do I have any intentions of doing so. But lets say I did want to use it based on this game you mention, google "fair Use"...

Ok, well, you seem to have ignored all I said. Just like anyone else I said I am not a lawyer but I do know a few facts about domains. That's up to the buyer to research, not me. If I cared about the domain I would research about this kind of things, but I don't. I only care about helping prevent scams. Instead of looking at me as the enemy you should be looking at me as someone who is trying to protect other community members as, like you said, scams are quite common on these forums. If there is the slightest possibility that anything bad happens to the buyer, I *will* bring it up. I also don't see how me saying that the email on the site should be contacted could even remotely be a bad thing for you since you are selling the domain. I am literally helping you there and in your last post you even said that you preferred to be contacted through there. You are just starting up drama out of nowhere.

chrismccoy

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:38:51 AM

seen zurc on some domain forums before, if you dont think its him why dont you just email him on the landing page or his gmail, im sure by doing that you can verify yourself. instead of repeating the same thing over and over.

dondexter

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:32:18 AM

Overwatch.org
Free Push @ Godaddy

What is the asking price? Do you think there could be any trademark or copyright issues? Thanks
FutureMoneyTrends

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 01:06:21 AM

estibot.com

EstiBot Value:   $ 410 USD

definitely worth something

Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 08:34:06 AM

Have you tried offering this directly to Blizzard?
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:30:44 PM

Can you tell me what the current high offer is for this domain?
zurcnet (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:17:29 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2018, 10:29:45 AM by zurcnet

~~~~~~~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: