Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 06:14:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLD] [WTS/A] BFL Jalepeno Preorders 5GHs - Order #1776 6/23/2012  (Read 1809 times)
sadpandatech (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 01:28:05 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2013, 01:45:13 AM by sadpandatech

Did I win?

Yes you did, m8.  I will follow up in PM with you to get the paper work finalized. =)

Also to everyone else, the second unit is going to go to Photon939. Assuming he wants it and no one wants to make the min bid in the next few minutes since I set no reserve.

Thanks all who showed interest here and in PMs

Regards,
 Panda

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
Photon939

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 03:49:13 AM

Sounds good, let me know when the Jally shows up and I'll get your payment set up.
ISAWHIM

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 04:52:43 AM

$3000 for a Jalipino that does 5GHs!

You do realize you could have spent that same money on 7970's, and still have to wait 1 year before you earn your money back.

5GHs, now, will earn you about $600 a month, if NO MORE jalipinos, or other devices get added to the network, other than yours. That is 5 months there. Now, when the rest come in a month, two months, three months... That 5GHs toy will only be 50% of what it is now, in hashing power of the network. Thus, it will only earn you $300 a month, then $150 a month, then $75 a month... That is if the price REMAINS at $120 per BTC. Thus, it will take a year, at that price.

There is always alt-coins! Just not Scrypt alt-coins for your jalipino... but if you had 5GHs in a video-card rig... You would only suffer a slight loss of $20 a month, which will be nullified by the majority of card-miners switching to the alt-coins and raising the value of them, since they/we are the ones with the "value", and bulk of the BTC. You really think we are going to PAY cash for BTC in the future? Better hope BFL is going to buy your BTC... No wait, they already have your money, and now they also want your BTC. lol. It's a loose-loose situation.

Enjoy your purchase. Smiley (I am just butt-hurt cause I didn't get to bid before they were won. lol.)
sadpandatech (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:55:40 AM

Cheers, ISAWHIM (who u see? Slenderman?)

I'm butthurt that I waited 10+ months for these and will be shipping them out instead of hiding them in the closet and letting them mine away for a while. :/

With the price of BTC in USD at the time of preorder the payoff time at that moment with BTC at ~$4 and diff at what it was the payoff time was friggin 10 months+.  Now it is down to ~110-120 days at my sales price. That is even considering the next few diff increases.

What really changes things is the increase in BTC price. For every 1$ BTC increases in value it shortens the payoff time by a day.

The last time I had 8GH in vid card rig going it was costing me $500 per month in electricity. ouchhhhhhh  We wont know for sure until we plug these in but according to BFL they should run in the 12-18W range per 5GH. That's a huge change from vid carding.

I miss mining as well and will continue to hunt for something to mine with.

Cheers to all who saw this thread and were itching to hit the bid button. I know your pain. =)

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

sadpandatech (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 09:55:36 PM

In case anyone wants to see pics of these. Here you go.  Also, did anyone else notice Luke-jr was mining on one of these at almost 5.5GHs using BFGminer?

- GA

phantitox

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 09:37:46 PM

so did u alred sold this?
sadpandatech (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 03:39:08 PM

so did u alred sold this?

Yes, I did m8. And both winning bidders have honored their bids.

Going to change title now. Sorry if that wasted anyones time reading here.

cheers,
 Panda

- GA

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: