Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:54:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My story so far  (Read 1791 times)
Bonanzacoin (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:32:26 AM

Hi just got in this world.

I made some money here and there mainly by selling stuff and what not. Grinding, playin some micro stakes poker (i dont like higher stakes then that, to serious and to many aholes that are purely there for money and not the game, but hey mayb ill get over that someday, its also the "lying" part of the game that i cant get really in tune with it seems at higher stakes. Side note Smiley )

Anyway. When i saw the oppurtunity of Binance, i was like hell yeah! Lets do this! Guaranteed winner! Dump that money on there! And... dumpin it was to this point. I bought in HIGH! 2.71 to be precise. FOMO for real.

As i see coins rising and missing out on them i start to become crazy. It drives me nuts. Here i am, wanted to take a chance. Now im stuck with an investment that so far only loses money.

I bought some more bitcoin to invest.

LISK everybody. Seems good. Seems nice project. Bought 168 of m at a price of 2.91.

Then i bought some ripple when it was going up and down. I made $60 on the first high. Selling when it was goin down. Then it had another low. I was like, its not getting any lower before it rises again. Well, wrong as most know... Break even. While bagholding 900 of m at this point. But im not worried bout them. Neither am i about BNB really, but... FUD bigtime nevertheless.

Then... i see Lisk starts dropping. From 4.15 to 3.60. Im not worried. I believe in the project. Then i start reading some more. I read, "there are much better projects then Lisk". Its doing the same as Waves but worse... bla bla bla.

Also, pump and dump spooks trough my head. Is this another one?.... could be... dont know.... i read some more: Lisk is a shitcoin, someone wrote.

I strat thinking...

it will so the same as ripple, it will drop and never go up again. Even more so, it will start dropping even more untill... its dead. Because "its a shitcoin"

That does it, im convinced! While my initial intention was to hold longtime. But together with all this and bnb price dropping hard i decided to sell to get at least a profit "cause its gonna drop anyway" its a "shitcoin" take that profit now while u can  says my FUD voice.. it will take some strain of that BNB investment  SOLD! for around $150 "profit"

Ooh what are they today?

Here i am. Seeing all these oppurtunities, yet im stuck in the hole.  Sad I feel like an idiot. And i cant stand this, if only this, if only that. I hate myself feelings start to take a hold of me.

BUT... this is just a share. I know i will be fine. Its not money i cant afford. But... someone dropping a comment "Lisk is a shitcoin" did it for me. And im pretty sure it was because he wanted his prices to go up instead. And for me that is against my nature. Its my fault i let myself influenced by that, but looking back at it i think that was exactly the intention. So as i see... while loving crypto, i also see that there are also many  people here that DONT GIVE a FUCK about crypto, they are only in it for the money. Thats ok. I am very positive and what not, and it seems that is the overall tendency. But that doesnt mean u dont have to arm urself against negative people. Which is what im gonna do. I was very enthousiastic, but because of these negative people once again i cannot fully express that because i have to protect myself against them One day...

Bonanzacoin (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 10:57:39 AM

in retrospect... i actually thought daytrading would be a little fun. I think thats the main reason i got out! But again, just sharing.
I think in an open market like this daytrading isnt smart at all.

Daytrading is for when the market is  saturated i believe.
Chyton

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 01:28:44 PM

I'll give you an advice because I've been in your shoes not once but twice. If you're investing in long term, then don't read those forums just open your preferred exchanges and look at the prices, if you're aware that a dump is going to be executed soon then dump your coins other than that HOLD. I mean it HOLD.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3838

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 01:39:41 PM

i also see that there are also many  people here that DONT GIVE a FUCK about crypto, they are only in it for the money.

This is so true. Those damn Facebook groups. They're calling certain coins "dead" just because the price crashed or hasn't moved in a month. So infuriating. I've read alot of posts about Sia being dead.

Anyway, hey. Keep your head up. You've lost money, but you're lucky enough to lose money early into your journey, rather than losing after months into your investing journey, as you'd lose most likely alot more money. Atleast you know better now! Just remember not to just get swayed too quickly by some Reddit post. Always remember that there are always gonna be shillers, some wanting to crash the price and some wanting to get more people to invest so the price rises. Remember, you're investing. Not daytrading. Dips shouldn't affect you much if you look at the big picture.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 01:46:38 PM

in retrospect... i actually thought daytrading would be a little fun. I think thats the main reason i got out! But again, just sharing.
I think in an open market like this daytrading isnt smart at all.

Daytrading is for when the market is  saturated i believe.
Nice share experience of day trading strategy, you are right strategy of day trading doesn't mean will be suitable for all of traders because however we must check our positions of trading on the exchangers if we use day trading and it will takes our time every days to do it, it will not be good for the people who doesn't have much time, so actually there are no best or bad strategy of trading everything depend on the style of trading from all of peoples.
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 01:48:15 PM

What I am doing now is trade my BTC with the current pumping coins. Now the current pumping ones are XMR , DASH and LSK (you mentioned it as shitcoin). I just ride my BTC there and waiting for the next moon. Rinse and repeat.
speedy963

Activity: 631
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 02:35:17 PM

What I am doing now is trade my BTC with the current pumping coins. Now the current pumping ones are XMR , DASH and LSK (you mentioned it as shitcoin). I just ride my BTC there and waiting for the next moon. Rinse and repeat.
I think day trading is kinda fun when you already knew when or what price would you ride, and as you have said rinse and repeat. Before though I am also a day trader, or some may say it as a swing trader, or some would prefer to say its just hit and run style, but for me, I am aiming for profits, this sounds funny because its like a game, but lesser risk than gambling and still too risky.
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 02:53:59 PM

I think day trading is kinda fun when you already knew when or what price would you ride, and as you have said rinse and repeat. Before though I am also a day trader, or some may say it as a swing trader, or some would prefer to say its just hit and run style, but for me, I am aiming for profits, this sounds funny because its like a game, but lesser risk than gambling and still too risky.
I would rather do on making short or active trades than on playing gambling because on trading you can somehow assume that you can able to make money on the thing you are doing. Active trades is somehow risky compared on holding but you would really enjoy it for sure if you know already the fundamentals and basics on doing it but it wont really be an easy thing to be learned because it would takes time for you to learn those things.
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:33:49 PM

Are you crazy? Seriously you are trading your bitcoins for these kiddo coins. These coins no matter how hard pump, they can’t produce profits like bitcoins. You should consider yourself lucky if you are holding bitcoins because many are working hard to won biotins. Bitcoins are not meant to be traded for these little altcoins.

The End Is Neigh

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:52:47 PM

It just goes to show that you shouldn't blindly follow people just because they say something. How do you know if they weren't even credible at all? Even if they were, why did you buy in the first place? If it's a good project it'll catch on. If it's not it's fairly obvious.
Maum

Activity: 250
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:33:18 PM

Most cryptocoins need patience to take profit so daytrading on cryptocurrencies is not a good idea for my opinion. Just take time and study on coimarketcap. Grab a few currencies and have a look what they did over a year. Most went up and multiplied their worth.
Bonanzacoin (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 10:13:27 PM

I'll give you an advice because I've been in your shoes not once but twice. If you're investing in long term, then don't read those forums just open your preferred exchanges and look at the prices, if you're aware that a dump is going to be executed soon then dump your coins other than that HOLD. I mean it HOLD.

Tx guys.

Yes, that was my plan anyway, but its fun  Cheesy Soon i will make a pick and just leave m there. Weather they go down or up.
NikS13

Activity: 383
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 10:22:34 PM

Hi just got in this world.

I made some money here and there mainly by selling stuff and what not. Grinding, playin some micro stakes poker (i dont like higher stakes then that, to serious and to many aholes that are purely there for money and not the game, but hey mayb ill get over that someday, its also the "lying" part of the game that i cant get really in tune with it seems at higher stakes. Side note Smiley )

Anyway. When i saw the oppurtunity of Binance, i was like hell yeah! Lets do this! Guaranteed winner! Dump that money on there! And... dumpin it was to this point. I bought in HIGH! 2.71 to be precise. FOMO for real.

As i see coins rising and missing out on them i start to become crazy. It drives me nuts. Here i am, wanted to take a chance. Now im stuck with an investment that so far only loses money.

I bought some more bitcoin to invest.

LISK everybody. Seems good. Seems nice project. Bought 168 of m at a price of 2.91.

Then i bought some ripple when it was going up and down. I made $60 on the first high. Selling when it was goin down. Then it had another low. I was like, its not getting any lower before it rises again. Well, wrong as most know... Break even. While bagholding 900 of m at this point. But im not worried bout them. Neither am i about BNB really, but... FUD bigtime nevertheless.

Then... i see Lisk starts dropping. From 4.15 to 3.60. Im not worried. I believe in the project. Then i start reading some more. I read, "there are much better projects then Lisk". Its doing the same as Waves but worse... bla bla bla.

Also, pump and dump spooks trough my head. Is this another one?.... could be... dont know.... i read some more: Lisk is a shitcoin, someone wrote.

I strat thinking...

it will so the same as ripple, it will drop and never go up again. Even more so, it will start dropping even more untill... its dead. Because "its a shitcoin"

That does it, im convinced! While my initial intention was to hold longtime. But together with all this and bnb price dropping hard i decided to sell to get at least a profit "cause its gonna drop anyway" its a "shitcoin" take that profit now while u can  says my FUD voice.. it will take some strain of that BNB investment  SOLD! for around $150 "profit"

Ooh what are they today?

Here i am. Seeing all these oppurtunities, yet im stuck in the hole.  Sad I feel like an idiot. And i cant stand this, if only this, if only that. I hate myself feelings start to take a hold of me.

BUT... this is just a share. I know i will be fine. Its not money i cant afford. But... someone dropping a comment "Lisk is a shitcoin" did it for me. And im pretty sure it was because he wanted his prices to go up instead. And for me that is against my nature. Its my fault i let myself influenced by that, but looking back at it i think that was exactly the intention. So as i see... while loving crypto, i also see that there are also many  people here that DONT GIVE a FUCK about crypto, they are only in it for the money. Thats ok. I am very positive and what not, and it seems that is the overall tendency. But that doesnt mean u dont have to arm urself against negative people. Which is what im gonna do. I was very enthousiastic, but because of these negative people once again i cannot fully express that because i have to protect myself against them One day...

Bro hold your coins if you think it has great plans. Dont just panic sell
Here are some good investments: Ark, Waves, Mothership, Civic, Neo (maybe)
Bonanzacoin (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 10:49:02 PM

Yes, saw ark as well. Wanted to. Gonna do. Others im not to sure about. Indeed neo.... PERHAPS!

Civic, yes.

I invested some in piecoin. Is goin up slightly. I saw it was getting interest on youtube. Who knows its gonna be used as a social coin. U can send that coin between friends and such.  Sounds like a great idea. Yes i bought into it for $60, but i really mean it. I dont like shilling really. Its in between 3-4 cents now. And was 0.027 couple days ago. Probably cause of the news they had. But perhaps a sleeping coin?

Anyway, im invested in bitconnect as well now for a couple hundred.... whats it gonna be? Pretty risky, but not to sure whether scam or not. I dont feel it, since Satish is know. His ass would be ff'd..

Then i rebought 55 Lisk at around $6 on average.

Aschcraw

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 04:20:35 AM

Hello in 2015 i bought 1300 DarkCoin now it rename like Dash for 0.8$ each after sometime i sell it for 3$ each . in the beggin my plan was to hold for years but after some time i see the price increased and after start to decrease the panic take me and i sell everything Sad now look at the price of dash do you know how i fell ? not good , but we still here and have good chance to make good profit in some years if you take the right coins
if you want look at ARK WAVES LISK and the deeponion in 1-2 years can hit easy 30+ $
verge also very good project can increase after some time to 0.1$ or even 0.2$
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/verge/
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/zencash/
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/deeponion/
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/pivx/
stunvn

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 04:45:36 AM

Well, as long as bitcoin still rising guys  Roll Eyes
Bonanzacoin (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 04:52:12 AM

Hello in 2015 i bought 1300 DarkCoin now it rename like Dash for 0.8$ each after sometime i sell it for 3$ each . in the beggin my plan was to hold for years but after some time i see the price increased and after start to decrease the panic take me and i sell everything Sad now look at the price of dash do you know how i fell ? not good , but we still here and have good chance to make good profit in some years if you take the right coins
if you want look at ARK WAVES LISK and the deeponion in 1-2 years can hit easy 30+ $
verge also very good project can increase after some time to 0.1$ or even 0.2$
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/verge/
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/zencash/
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/deeponion/
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/pivx/

TX for SHAring! U must hate it when u sometimes calculate back how much u could v had! But we must look forward. One thing to adress to urself: Do you believe (which does mean ur not sure, knowing is, granted, thus when u see goin it down ur believe starts to get crushed into fear) in the coin? Does it has substantial quality and competent team behind it? I think these are main indicators together with the graph.
If thats the case, buy and hold no matter what! Ur gambling on it basicly. So if it goes to 0, u just say TOO BAD! NEXT! Thus, better not to put all egs in one basket. And then dont look, ooh what if i invested everything in THAT one! No, thats not what u do. WHAT IF U have had invested everything in a  loser?? Spreading in these times is actually alomst a guaranteed winner.. I mean what will that portion be worth in 2 years?Huh
I just read that guy became multimillionaire by just letting sit 5700 Monero?? or NEo it was, dont remember, for a couple years.
What if Bitcoin will be worth 20.000 What u think the other coins are gonna be worth potentially? THE SAME VALUE BITCOIN has today!

The more we share these kinda things the better we can shake it of and become stronger. Smiley Because its just (very) hard sometimes. This game aint for pussies. We wander in the future allready. Thats not easy... and can take quite a toll. We are litterally the stronghold in the future of crypto currency compared to the mass who doesnt!
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 05:03:23 AM

In trading (they call it day trading here), there is always that possibility that we get trapped...meaning that the value of the coin currently is lower when we got them hence to liquidate the coin we have to accept some loss. It happened to me before and that is why I temporarily stopped doing it in Bittrex as I need to gather more ideas from well-known traders before making any moves again.
deddod

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 05:25:27 AM

the most important thing in trading is that you have to have a reserve fund to handle the losses you experience when the price of a coin falls.
Remembered my friend said "do not put all your money to invest in altcoin and bitcoin".

▄█▄
   ██▀  ▄█▄
  ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
 ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
▐█▌  ▄█▀  ▄▀
██   ██  
██   ██  
██   ██  
▐█▌  ▀█▄  ▀▄
 ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
  ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
   ██▄  ▀█▀
    ▀█▀
████
▀▀▀▀
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▐████
▀▀     ▄▄▄▄▄▀██████████▐████
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████▀ ▀▄▄▄     ▐████
▀▀     ▄▀███▄▄▄▄       ▐████
▄▄   ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▐████
▄▄   ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐████

▀▄▄▀▀▀  ██████           ▐████
██████▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████

▄▄  ████▀▄██████████▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀ ▄████████████▐████
BIDIUM       ▄█▄
   ▄█▄
  ▀██

▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
  ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▐█▌
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
  ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▐█▌
 ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▄██
▄▀
  ▄█▀  ▄██
   ▀█▀
  ▄██
       ▀█▀

Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 07:40:15 AM

Your story sounds familiar, I guess many of us went through this. As times goes by, you will be able to control your emotion in trading and won’t let your emotion take over you. Good luck.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: