Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:48:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When did it ever make any sense to sell "money" for money - Stay away from ICOs  (Read 438 times)
schyter (OP)

Activity: 385
Merit: 257

Open to any CryptoBusiness idea you have for Ghana

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 10:48:44 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2017, 08:46:10 PM by schyter

I have participated in a number of ICO including humaniq, polybius, minexcoin silver.
But i have come to realize that no matter how legitimate they may look like, they are not worth the money you will give them.
Lately ICOs rip the crypto sphere of hundreds of millions of dollars.
They take our real money and give us tokens for us to move up and down within and accross exchanges...lol.
wake up guys!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coin_coin

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 11:07:11 AM

I have participated in a number of ICO including humaniq, polybius, minexcoin, silver.
But i have come to realize that no matter how legitimate they may look like, they are not worth the money you will give them.
They take our real money and give us tokens for us to move up and down within and accross exchanges...lol.
wake up guys!

You can get quick money from icos , that's why people are loving with icos , and don't want to wake up.
I checked humaniq, polybius, minexcoin, silver, if you quit early , you should earn money.Don't be greedy when you invest.

CINDICATOR.COM12 September 2017 Token Sale
WP
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 11:17:36 AM

ICOs have always been a gamble, and they will remain a gamble. the only difference will be the odds of winning which is becoming less and less every day because more people recognize the pattern and they get better at dumping faster than you.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
hanskan

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 11:17:41 AM

I have participated in a number of ICO including humaniq, polybius, minexcoin, silver.
wake up guys!

Oh dear, have you ever heard of IPOs ?  Same thing, but with crypto, some projects need capital to get going. Polybius' case is the best example - they needed 6 or 10 million dollars to apply for bank licence. Life must be hard if you have half a brain and don't know how to use google.
gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 12:28:43 PM

There are people who never buy into icos like myself.
If i want to buy a position in such a project i go over to bitmex and buy a future contract so i don't have to put my money into a black hole, download wallets, trust devs, be locked in my position and whatnot.

The future contract i can sell at any time, am not locked into the position and only need to trust the established exchange, not some random devs.
I'd recommend people buy more futures than they actually buy the icos.

You'll get a discount on fees if you sign up via my referal link:
https://www.bitmex.com/register/RU1x80
lakimens

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 02:00:48 PM

There are people who never buy into icos like myself.
If i want to buy a position in such a project i go over to bitmex and buy a future contract so i don't have to put my money into a black hole, download wallets, trust devs, be locked in my position and whatnot.

The future contract i can sell at any time, am not locked into the position and only need to trust the established exchange, not some random devs.
I'd recommend people buy more futures than they actually buy the icos.

You'll get a discount on fees if you sign up via my referal link:
https://www.bitmex.com/register/RU1x80
Referral links are not allowed.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
lonelygrimm

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 04:40:37 PM

Just sell your tokens if the market already stable and you already got profit, don't HODL it for too long, people become greedy to hold it and believe that they can earn more because their selfishness, c'mon, you can trade the money if you really want to earn more profit, holding tokens 1-2 month just wasting time, you can earn more profit from trading. There is no one to blame in here.

The Young Turk
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1013

DAVID CHAUM's xx coin SALE IS NOW LIVE!

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 04:43:30 PM

Well, this ICO's are kinda like "angel investment".
In return you may get "nothing" for your investment, but it might get higher and you get profit.
There's a saying: "don't put more money then you afford to loose" so it's still valid on ico business.

███████                   
                      ██████████                        ██       
                       ████████████                  ███       
                                ██████████           █████       
                                        ███████      ██████         
██████                  ███████     ████
████████                ██████     ██   
██████████        ████████           
███████████    █████████           
████████    ████████

███████    ████████       
              ██████    █████████████ 
          █████████      ███████████ 
      ███████████          █████████ 
██████████████                       
████████████████                       
███████      ████████████           
██████        ████████████           
████                ██████████           

.xx-coin.io.

DAVID CHAUM's xx coin SALE IS NOW LIVE!

13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 04:59:51 PM

wake up guys!

Lets say you invested $100 in an ICO and got 100 tokens at the rate of 1:1. After the successful completion of the ICO, it will most likely be listed on exchanges. The developers would have released features or websites pertaining to the token which will make use of the token. Consider that this thing goes  big and everyone gets in line, listing buy orders for this token above the ICO price. At that point, you can easily sell your tokens for maybe $2 or more a piece and get double or more of your investment back. It all depends on the ICO and how their token will be utilized.
All in all, there are very few ICOs that actually keep up perfectly with their roadmap and these are the ones that usually reach the success mark and investing in these could be a goldmine given that you've found the right ones.
schyter (OP)

Activity: 385
Merit: 257

Open to any CryptoBusiness idea you have for Ghana

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 09:12:09 PM

Lol....
Well, this ICO's are kinda like "angel investment".
In return you may get "nothing" for your investment, but it might get higher and you get profit.
There's a saying: "don't put more money then you afford to loose" so it's still valid on ico business.
I agree with you.
I profited significantly from humaniq (Its still a good and respectable project)

Oh dear, have you ever heard of IPOs ?  Same thing, but with crypto, some projects need capital to get going. Polybius' case is the best example - they needed 6 or 10 million dollars to apply for bank licence. Life must be hard if you have half a brain and don't know how to use google.
Ok Mr All-knowing; thanks for info. I'm impressed  by your 'Googliness'. I still hold all my PLBT. The reason I participated is the 'bank' about them.
By the way, my half brain has made me who I am today and I appreciate  God for it. What about you?

You can get quick money from icos , that's why people are loving with icos , and don't want to wake up.
I checked humaniq, polybius, minexcoin, silver, if you quit early , you should earn money.Don't be greedy when you invest.

True mate. You are right.
I profited from HMQ, I'm at a loss in PLBT.
Minexcoin isnt out yet and I don't even know what's going on with silver.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: