Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 03:11:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about HD wallets... 👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀  (Read 313 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Thomas3520 (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 12:17:51 PM

I have a question about HD wallets: I've heard, that the addresses change, when you receive coins? I'm using Jaxx. So does that mean, when I receive like one transaction worth 10$ to my Bitcoin/Ethereum wallet, then the Bitcoin/Ethereum address changes in my Jaxx interface?

But I will still get the coins, that are sent to the old addresses.

Am I wrong with anything? Huh
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 12:29:27 PM

I have a question about HD wallets: I've heard, that the addresses change, when you receive coins? I'm using Jaxx. So does that mean, when I receive like one transaction worth 10$ to my Bitcoin/Ethereum wallet, then the Bitcoin/Ethereum address changes in my Jaxx interface?

It depends on the type of wallet. I think in Electrum you recieve your coins in different addresses each time and you can also export the seed (hash of words), whereas with Bitcoin Core's HD wallet you can't do any of that. I don't know the exact details of why, but that's how it works.
Thomas3520 (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 12:36:12 PM

It depends on the type of wallet. I think in Electrum you recieve your coins in different addresses each time and you can also export the seed (hash of words), whereas with Bitcoin Core's HD wallet you can't do any of that. I don't know the exact details of why, but that's how it works.
So every time you receive like a Bitcoin transaction into your Exodus wallet, it will generate a new Bitcoin address?
pawanjain

Activity: 2716
Merit: 721

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 12:43:34 PM

So every time you receive like a Bitcoin transaction into your Exodus wallet, it will generate a new Bitcoin address?
Yes, every time we receive an amount in our wallet the bitcoin address changes randomly. This method of changing address is used to secure the wallet from hacking and theft and to provide anonymity. The old address is stored in the wallet and can be used to receive the amount into the same wallet. I have a wallet in mycelium which changes the addresses after each transaction .

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
mondobitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 12:47:00 PM

Yes the address change every time when you receive e payment, is for your security, with this metod nobody can trace your movements and cant steal your btc or others criptos
Only private keys are the same
But with any old address you can still receive payments
I can recommend electrum, for offline wallet
Thomas3520 (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 12:49:01 PM

Yes, every time we receive an amount in our wallet the bitcoin address changes randomly. This method of changing address is used to secure the wallet from hacking and theft and to provide anonymity. The old address is stored in the wallet and can be used to receive the amount into the same wallet. I have a wallet in mycelium which changes the addresses after each transaction .
Oh, ok! Thanks pawanjain, that was the answer I'm looking for! Cheesy

I was just worried, because I didn't find any Ethereum iOS wallet, where you can manually make multiple addresses, like with Bitcoin and the Mycelium or Bitpay wallet...

Well, then I will use the Jaxx wallet... (The best crypto wallet for iOS!) Grin
Thomas3520 (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 12:50:08 PM

Yes the address change every time when you receive e payment, is for your security, with this metod nobody can trace your movements and cant steal your btc or others criptos
Only private keys are the same
But with any old address you can still receive payments
I can recommend electrum, for offline wallet
Ok, thanks for the answer!  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: