Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:38:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you conceal your operation?  (Read 958 times)
bobb120 (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 12:22:24 PM

Mining setup generates a lot of noise. How do you hide it from neighbours?  I don't want them to run to the tax authorities... especially considering latest moves on bitcoin taxation in the EU.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 02:34:27 PM

Don't mind at home

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2533

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 04:15:06 PM

Mining setup generates a lot of noise. How do you hide it from neighbours?  I don't want them to run to the tax authorities... especially considering latest moves on bitcoin taxation in the EU.
If there is need to conceal that implies you are doing something illegal. Pay your taxes and problem solved...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 05:21:26 PM

You can make miners pretty quiet with some relatively cheap modding, and you can always soundproof your mining room, Philipma should know a lot about that. Just always remember to have proper ventilation.

Even if there has been lots of taxation recently it's still best just to pay it. Not worth trying to avoid it imo, it's most likely illegal.
wavelengthsf

Activity: 658
Merit: 118

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 05:41:20 PM

If there is need to conceal that implies you are doing something illegal. Pay your taxes and problem solved...

Plus, if you run your miners as a business and report that income as business income, you can deduct their cost + power from your normal taxes. (I do this through a single member LLC)

Talk to your accountant for your situation, of course.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 04:25:59 PM

This is why you shouldnt run industrial equipment at home. Miners are NOT meant for residential areas, they are meant for datacenter like conditions where noise is not a concern.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
gbBit

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 04:46:36 PM

If sound is your concern then your best bet is to find a hosting center.  There are a lot to choose from and they almost all offer a competitive price or less than mining at home in most of the US and dare I say all of Europe.

If you want to avoid paying taxes then you have a few opinions. First you become a community activist and elect a leader who also believes in not paying taxes or just not taxing cypto currencies. Next option is to start a lobby who can push your idea through congress. Or 3rd you can move to a country with no income tax. Or you can just pay your taxes and help your community become a better place. 

veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 11:56:00 AM

introduce your neighbours to bitcoin mining,quickly
persuade them to buy several miners
mine freely Smiley
but in all seriousness,what country do you live in? Germany?

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:21:02 PM

Put them in an enclosure in the room.
JohnDoe3490

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:30:45 PM

Noise reduction foams Smiley
GMPoison

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:47:10 PM

If you're mining at home, odds are you're not making enough money to warrant renting out a small warehouse or mining elsewhere.

Let them run to the tax authorities. Report your bitcoin mining revenue and pay taxes on it, on "all of it". Wink

taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 03:04:50 PM

If you trying to conceal something, then you don't need to be doing it. There is no way that you are going to be able to get away with anything illegal. You might be able to do it for a short. Of time but eventually you will get caught. The best way to not get caught committing a crime is to stop committing the crimes.

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 03:19:59 PM

If you trying to conceal something, then you don't need to be doing it. There is no way that you are going to be able to get away with anything illegal. You might be able to do it for a short. Of time but eventually you will get caught. The best way to not get caught committing a crime is to stop committing the crimes.

It isn't Illegal, it sounds more so like this neighbors are tech noobs and lets not kid ourselves pretty much all police are.  He is just trying to avoid unneeded drama.
bobb120 (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 02:38:34 PM

It isn't Illegal, it sounds more so like this neighbors are tech noobs and lets not kid ourselves pretty much all police are.  He is just trying to avoid unneeded drama.
exactly. Thanks.
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:57:35 PM

What equipment are you mining with?  Do you live in an apartment or a single family dwelling?
bobb120 (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 01:38:28 AM

I decided to put it in a cellar
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: