Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:01:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I can't get the reasoning behind many giveaways  (Read 265 times)
xplorer79 (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 12:43:46 PM

Hi,
I'm fairly new to crypros, and there is something I don't understand about giveaways.
Everywhere, crypto is advertised with words like "freedom", "equity", "equality", "for the people", etc...
But I see many giveaways where you must already own some bitcoins or ethereum to be eligible, and the more BCN/ETH you have in your wallet, the more tokens you receive.
So I see that the richer you already are, and the more money you eventually get. As a result, only the whales could get the new successful coin, while normal people are left behind. It is not different than the actual regular economy where the richest only gets exponentially richer, while raising the barrier for normal people.
Isn't this against the spirit of cryptos ?
TheFriends

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 01:44:22 PM

Hi,
I'm fairly new to crypros, and there is something I don't understand about giveaways.
Everywhere, crypto is advertised with words like "freedom", "equity", "equality", "for the people", etc...
But I see many giveaways where you must already own some bitcoins or ethereum to be eligible, and the more BCN/ETH you have in your wallet, the more tokens you receive.
So I see that the richer you already are, and the more money you eventually get. As a result, only the whales could get the new successful coin, while normal people are left behind. It is not different than the actual regular economy where the richest only gets exponentially richer, while raising the barrier for normal people.
Isn't this against the spirit of cryptos ?

In part, you're right. Crypto is not solving the problem of the current economy that is the redistribution of wealth.

If interested in high quality translations English-Portuguese please contact me via privat message or send an email to thefriendspt@gmail.com
Telegram: @thefriendspt
Sir Cross

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 01:56:24 PM

I guess the giveaways are a way to attract investors, and some want to make sure that they are giving these giveaways to those who are potential investors, and not only to those who are bounty hunters and are hungry or greedy to collect coins. In a way yes, it is unfair to the "normal" people who don't have that much ETH or coins in their wallets but business is business and that's how you play the game.

winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 01:59:43 PM

My U2 system is a kind of giveaways.
The giveaway is given in a extremely fair way...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: