Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:55:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL - butterfly labs - a SAD state of affairs  (Read 5799 times)
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 12:23:33 PM

As long as no one confirms that we've received their order BFL can say what they want....

I received my pre-ordered (day 2, I think) Jalapeno today.

Jeez, man. First you cooperate with the CIA. Then you get a BFL ASIC miner, which is some sort of mythical artifact at this stage.

What's next, partnering with Mr. Shavers to launch a Bitcoin fork?

Just joking of course  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
g83

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 01:42:57 PM

Waiting for godot  Smiley
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 10:29:58 PM

Got my 2 Jalepenos. Completely random as I bought someone else pre-order like forever ago. Working on getting BFGminer configed to see what it will run them at. BFGminer's author had his unit running at almost 5.5GHs. mmmmmmmmmm

pics here;

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
philips

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 10:40:28 PM

Have you sold them already?
BTW, why sad panda now Smiley ? You should be a happy panda!
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3536

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 12:38:48 PM

As long as no one confirms that we've received their order BFL can say what they want....

I received my pre-ordered (day 2, I think) Jalapeno today.

You are a central figure, and may have jumped the queue. A confirmation from some random pretty anonymous but long-term user would count a lot more in this case.

I have mine, ordered 6/24, received 5/23 . Im a nobody and  Ive been here since july 2011.

cdog

Activity: 1036

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 09:38:09 AM

Cool, thats some real bright news amidst all the FUDing.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 10:12:09 AM

Cool, thats some real bright news amidst all the FUDing.

Yeah, super bright news, BFL started "shipping" 2 weeks ago and in these 2 weeks they shipped a few dozens (and I'm being generous) Jalapeños to customers who placed their orders during the very first 3 days (22nd, 23rd and 24th June 2012).

At this rate customers that ordered in September 2012 or later will get their Jalapeños in 2016, and customers who preordered Singles and Mini Singles will probably receive their units in 2017 or 2018.

Customers that ordered mini-rigs... Well, that's an horror story in itself, no need to beat on a dead horse (I fell your pain, guys).

cdog

Activity: 1036

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 09:08:37 PM

Well its better news than them shipping a couple 60gh miners to Wired and Ars Technica for evaluation...

At least "real customers," i.e., not Luke-Jr, have started to receive them. This is a positive development.
ISAWHIM

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 09:33:22 PM

So your not impressed with the working asics that have already shipped?  So far they have shipped like 84 units or something just today???

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/165-tuesday-5-21-shipping-updates-page3.html
And the reports of these "running" shipped units, that they "don't even know the specs for"... are just flying off the shelves... all those original 30 reporters and reviewers... yet, none of the 30 reports or reviews... only a disection of a dead unit by a sort-of hacker group...

Whoa... $2,000,000 and they produce 80+30 $40 units! Sent to the secret-reviewers, "who's names can't be named"... Just like harry potter! Who are they reviewing them for? The CIA?
ISAWHIM

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 09:38:10 PM

Well its better news than them shipping a couple 60gh miners to Wired and Ars Technica for evaluation...

At least "real customers," i.e., not Luke-Jr, have started to receive them. This is a positive development.

Real customer, report in... ... ... ... ... ...

I said... REAL CUSTOMER... REPORT IN!...

Hello... are you there?

Real-customer... can't write a review, or brag about getting his/her machine first... and is obviously sooo impressed by his/her purchase, that they completely forgot to tell anyone about getting the thing they waited all year to get! They must still be looking for the power button! OOps, that wasn't in this design... Send it back, we have a revision coming for that!
meowmeowbrowncow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 12:14:22 AM

I was at the Conference in San Jose and they had working two 30g and a jalapeno hashing away at there table, so I think there pretty close to delivery. Now would be the time to place a order. They said pre-orders would arrive next month and full supply by September.

My God. It's full of shills.

Boom. 

Best quote I've seen in awhile

"Bitcoin has been an amazing ride, but the most fascinating part to me is the seemingly universal tendency of libertarians to immediately become authoritarians the very moment they are given any measure of power to silence the dissent of others."  - The Bible
high110

Activity: 728
Merit: 253

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 11:55:45 AM

Go figure out a way to make money =(

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
ypsylon

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 07:51:38 PM

To put it mildly.

Ludicrous. You just couldn't make it up.

Congratulations to SadPanda. He definitively has some fun with those, but it is an exception from general rule that people spend fat $$$$, wait ages and get nothing in return.
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 09:56:41 PM

This company is full of monsters, I got my refund today.

I don't care if they deliver ever, no business that operates this way and pisses on their customers deserves support from anyone, even if they somehow manage to finally crap out a product a year late.

sadpandatech

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 11:56:55 AM

To put it mildly.

Ludicrous. You just couldn't make it up.

Congratulations to SadPanda. He definitively has some fun with those, but it is an exception from general rule that people spend fat $$$$, wait ages and get nothing in return.

Thanks. They can and soem already do run much faster than 5GH.

I would like to point out that I did not pre-order and never would. If it were not for the fact that I knew the person selling their pre-order and knew they needed the cash I would not have purchased. As it turned out, I was very lucky in the ROI on this.

Looking to buy some Avalon chips if I am going to do anything with mining and suggest to anyone else that is the best ROI mining wise atm.

cheers

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
androz

Activity: 728

Crypto-ideologist

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:59:38 PM

Lazy miner!!! Angry

Grin Grin

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print