Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:03:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do You Know Anyone In Jail?  (Read 3673 times)
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 04:12:46 PM

2nd. When they get out they have to go on probation usually, and need a job. Bitcoin mining & trading (and things like writing on Devtome) could legally fill that void so that they don't have to turn right back to criminal activity.

Or, if they get out of jail/prison in a state that allows marijuana legally, Washington/Colorado, some or all parts of cali and some other states, they can grow cannabis and might be much more lucrative than bitcoin/litecoin mining. Maybe safer to mine as growing cannabis is "federally illegal".

Not true.

I live in Colorado and grow weed and

1. It's illegal to sell weed unless you are a dispensary or caregiver, so no it is not lucrative.
2. Weed takes a lot longer to grow than you might think, and uses just as much if not more electricity than mining.

It's an alternative job. They could. And you sell your grown cannabis to the dispensary while you are licensed to do so. And yes, it is lucrative, why you think people are licensed to grow and sell. I bet it beats the the hell out of working at a fast food joints that ask for criminal history. How long would it take to solo mine a bitcoin vs growing a plant? Plant does not take so long to grow as you think, only few months, then the turn around profit after examined under microscopes, is phenomenal. In the long run, growing at fullest legal capacity, it might be more lucrative than bitcoin/litecoin mining.

I'm not saying that it's impossible to make money from weed, of course it's better than having a fast food job.
My point is that MINING is a better solution. And my "opinion" comes from experience in the state you speak of, not speculation.

And you don't just "get a license to sell weed to dispensaries". It's a lot harder to get certified for that than you think.
Getting a legal card or growing weed is one thing (anyone over 21 can grow 6 plants). Selling it is a whole other story.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 04:14:03 PM

2nd. When they get out they have to go on probation usually, and need a job. Bitcoin mining & trading (and things like writing on Devtome) could legally fill that void so that they don't have to turn right back to criminal activity.

Or, if they get out of jail/prison in a state that allows marijuana legally, Washington/Colorado, some or all parts of cali and some other states, they can grow cannabis and might be much more lucrative than bitcoin/litecoin mining. Maybe safer to mine as growing cannabis is "federally illegal".

Not true.

1. It's illegal to sell weed unless you are a dispensary or caregiver, so no it is not lucrative.
2. Weed takes a lot longer to grow than you might think, and uses just as much if not more electricity than mining.

It's an alternative job. They could. And you sell your grown cannabis to the dispensary while you are licensed to do so. And yes, it is lucrative, why you think people are licensed to grow and sell. I bet it beats the the hell out of working at a fast food joints that ask for criminal history. How long would it take to solo mine a bitcoin vs growing a plant? Plant does not take so long to grow as you think, only few months, then the turn around profit after examined under microscopes, is phenomenal. In the long run, growing at fullest legal capacity, it might be more lucrative than bitcoin/litecoin mining.

And I totally forgot.
You can't get badges and stuff if you are a felon. So telling X-Cons to go grow weed kinda doesn't even work, while mining does.

deadweasel

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 04:19:11 PM

Not true.

And I totally forgot.
You can't get badges and stuff if you are a felon. So telling X-Cons to go grow weed kinda doesn't even work, while mining does.

Also, it's not that lucrative unless you go industrial on it.  Growing from your home is a fucking GRIND.  Then you can sells a few lbs after 6-8 weeks, giving you maybe $3,000 per month (if there are no grow op issues).  Plus if you get ANY mites, mold, etc, dispensaries won't buy and you must follow other routes for liquidating that product at a lower rate.

Next, how the fuck is a prisoner going to discover, understand, and decide to mine bitcoins?  WHERE WOULD THEY GET THE CAPITAL?

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 04:19:42 PM

1st. I've been in jail

OK, I'm dying to know.  Why'd they put you away and for how long?

I was arrested every 4 months from the age of 15 to 17 (after spending 14 in jail) because I smoke weed, and was raised in Texas.

Then they busted into my house without a warrant when I was 18 and arrested me (with no warrant).

I've been in jail for 2 days, 11 days, 2 weeks, 1 month, 6 months, and 8 months. All of them were juvy except the 11 days.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 04:21:25 PM

Next, how the fuck is a prisoner going to discover, understand, and decide to mine bitcoins?  WHERE WOULD THEY GET THE CAPITAL?

FROM ME, lol.
I can give them everything except capital, and eventually I can offer free mining machines Smiley

pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 04:25:22 PM

What would stop an ex con from growing cannabis in a legal state? If an ex con is licensed & registered to grow, the govt knows about it, they would know what the power consumption is for. Telling an ex con to go mine, if he does mine and consume a ton of energy, his life is in more danger, as the electric company will report the power consumption, and guaranteed the feds/police will think they are illegally growing, and knowing cops, they will shoot you dead if you are or not an ex con. It could be dumb to consider mining to an ex con. That just my opinion though.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 04:26:23 PM

What would stop an ex con from growing cannabis in a legal state? If an ex con is licensed & registered to grow, the govt knows about it, they would know what the power consumption is for. Telling an ex con to go mine, if he does mine and consume a ton of energy, his life is in more danger, as the electric company will report the power consumption, and guaranteed the feds/police will think they are illegally growing, and knowing cops, they will shoot you dead if you are or not an ex con. It could be dumb to consider mining to an ex con.

The LAW would stop them. ex-cons can't get licenses to sell weed, or badges for working in the industry. Period.

Mining requires no licensing and just a computer to start up Smiley

bennybong

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 04:32:25 PM

Well. I'm due in court right around the time I'm expecting my Avalon order. That's why I was trying to sell them, don't know what's going to happen as I can't afford legal aid at the moment! So tense right now.... did someone turn up the heat??

Jail isn't that bad. Hopefully you didn't do anything too bad and get out soon.
Just spread the word about mining and coins while you're there Smiley

I'm not really expecting jail, but I have enjoyed having a clean (adult) record, and intended to keep it that way. The thing is I can't afford any legal aid so I have no idea what plea to give... it's an offencive weapons charge! The police found a stanley knife (as well as other TOOLS) in my bag when I was getting searched on Saturday. So it could be fairly serious for me depending on the outcome, my University will not allow me to continue my course for example....

Any real lawyers on here?? I can pay in BTC Wink
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 04:34:14 PM

Well. I'm due in court right around the time I'm expecting my Avalon order. That's why I was trying to sell them, don't know what's going to happen as I can't afford legal aid at the moment! So tense right now.... did someone turn up the heat??

Jail isn't that bad. Hopefully you didn't do anything too bad and get out soon.
Just spread the word about mining and coins while you're there Smiley

I'm not really expecting jail, but I have enjoyed having a clean (adult) record, and intended to keep it that way. The thing is I can't afford any legal aid so I have no idea what plea to give... it's an offencive weapons charge! The police found a stanley knife (as well as other TOOLS) in my bag when I was getting searched on Saturday. So it could be fairly serious for me depending on the outcome, my University will not allow me to continue my course for example....

Oh shit.
I mean, I would plea innocent, and try to prove that the tools weren't able to harm anyone where they were and you were on the way to a job or something.

bennybong

Activity: 682

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 04:37:45 PM

Yeah that's what I'm thinking... But god it's driving me mad! Waiting for my Avalons has been stressful enough!
pekv2

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 04:40:11 PM

The LAW would stop them. ex-cons can't get licenses to sell weed,

I guess you're correct, been browsing grasscityforums, ex-con cannot be a caregiver. This makes absolutely no sense at all. You think about this, and it is literally stupid, because you would be allowed, I would imagine, an ex-con can brew their own beer and sell "im not for sure". Under common sense law, being an ex-con should not interfere with growing cannabis, at any reason. I am not an ex-con, but finding this out just fucks over ex-cons even more imo, so yea, I would have to agree with you on considering mining to ex cons, fuck the govt. regulating motherfuckers.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 04:42:19 PM

I guess you're correct, been browsing grasscityforums, ex-con cannot be a caregiver. This makes absolutely no sense at all. You think about this, and it is literally stupid, because you would be allowed, I would imagine, an ex-con can brew their own beer and sell "im not for sure". Under common sense law, being an ex-con should not interfere with growing cannabis, at any reason. I am not an ex-con, but finding this out just fucks over ex-cons even more imo, so yea, I would have to agree with you on considering mining to ex cons, fuck the govt. regulating motherfuckers.

Agreed, keeping jobs away from felons is stupid, especially when you can get a felony for growing 1 plant in most states.

If they want to restrict felons in society, only violent offenders, murderers, theives and rapists should be felons.

pekv2

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 04:44:37 PM

Agreed, keeping jobs away from felons is stupid, especially when you can get a felony for growing 1 plant in most states.

If they want to restrict felons in society, only violent offenders, murderers, theives and rapists should be felons.

Exactly, non-violent offenders should be left alone. The laws are completely screwed and backed by greedy liars.

More population to mining, if ex-cons get the hang of mining.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 04:52:15 PM

Exactly, non-violent offenders should be left alone. The laws are completely screwed and backed by greedy liars.

More population to mining, if ex-cons get the hang of mining.

Not just greedy liars, but politics. They make certain plants illegal, just because they come from certain countries. Ex: Hemp/Cannabis was never called Marijuana until we decided it was a Mexican thing.

threeip

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 04:56:58 PM

What would stop an ex con from growing cannabis in a legal state?

They can't have a felony conviction in the last 10 years
WA i-502, etc

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ GPG:2AFD99BB ಠ_ಠ mon
interlagos

Activity: 496

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 05:07:14 PM

Here is a video from Google Tech Talks with Robina Courtin which might be relevant to this discussion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nasIq4E9nNg

Among other things (like being a Buddhist nun) she is helping people in prisons to find themselves in this life. Might be worthwhile to get in touch with her and see if Bitcoin can help her cause.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 05:10:02 PM

Here is a video from Google Tech Talks with Robina Courtin which might be relevant to this discussion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nasIq4E9nNg

Among other things (like being a Buddhist nun) she is helping people in prisons to find themselves in this life. Might be worthwhile to get in touch with her and see if Bitcoin can help her cause.

Thank you. I will contact her, and this gives me the idea to contact other groups that already go into jails also Smiley

deadweasel

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 05:11:20 PM

FROM ME, lol.
I can give them everything except capital, and eventually I can offer free mining machines Smiley

In that case, I've been out of jail for many years now.  Can I be the first one to receive a 'free mining machine'?  Wink

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 05:12:50 PM

FROM ME, lol.

In that case, I've been out of jail for many years now.  Can I be the first one to receive a 'free mining machine'?  Wink

Well, for people who aren't in jail there will be threads here and videos on YouTube telling you how you can get free machines. But it will have to be contest type shit because I can't jut give machines to anyone who asks.

phoenix1

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 05:50:19 PM

Why not just get yourself back into jail and you could spread 'THE WORD' ?

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves"  - Confucius (China 551BC-479 BC)
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: