Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:44:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: paypal chargeback questions and and would this prevent it?  (Read 378 times)
allthebitandbobs (OP)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 05:16:41 PM

I just curious guys let sat i sell 100 dollars worth of bitcoin and now  have 100 dollars  in the account .I transfer that 100 to another paypal  account of mine nothing to link the 2 accounts both different name email addresses .A charge back happens.There now no money in the frist account .Will paypal take the money out of the second account ?How many accounts will payapl track the money two and will they do a chargeback on each account?Are  will they leave it at the first account with -100 which i never instead to pay those fuckers back they can be left holding the bag .Yeah your out bitcoin and money while paypal and the scammer is siting pretty hell with that  .Trying to think of ways around it .Wonder would this work Huh

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Goosebump

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 05:20:23 PM

The account that the payment was sent to will have a negative balance of $100 if it is chargedback and the balance is 0. If you have a bank attached to that PayPal account, what will most likely happen is the money will be withdrawn from the checking or savings account that the PayPal is linked to. PayPal also tracks the log-in IP's. So trying to transfer the money from account to account would not work either as they will most likely try to pull the money back to solve the negative balance.
ikilledcobain

Activity: 446

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 04:49:39 PM

Years ago, I had a situation where I believe someone paid me on an eBay purchase with carded funds or a stolen account. I was completely unaware, but PayPal froze my account until I sent in a ton of personal information to verify identity.

Even if you never intend to pay the first balance back, don't be surprised if the second account gets frozen.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
zsmith

Activity: 142
Merit: 60

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 11:11:50 PM

If the PayPal account is linked to a bank account,  you can drain and close it and just make a new bank account.  However, this seems like a hassle for only $100.   I personally wouldn't sell bitcoin through PayPal or any credit card, for that matter.  You'd have to charge a high rate to cover losses from chargebacks.
eagle10

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 05:31:58 AM

Yes, you have to close your bank account and open a new one to avoid finding your account drain already of paypal chargebacks.
linenoise

Activity: 304
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 06:46:55 AM

You realize you may never be able to use paypal again? They do require a lot of info to get accounts nowadays and matching you up with a closed account won't be overly hard. They are still one of the most common payment services online and if you use ebay it's required.  If you just want to buy bitcoin with a CC, use coinbase. They allow that.
Zionatin

Activity: 906
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:11:01 PM

What I want to know is what happens if someone is using a bitcoin debit card connected with a third party to use PayPal and they reverse charge ? Or can't they ?
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:22:55 PM

It is not worth it. Paypal will screw you over any way they can. If then can figure out who you are they will go after your credit if they cannot go after anything else. The simple way to protect yourself is to not use Paypal. Just do not. They are a scummy evil company who answers to no one and I have no idea how they have gone this long without a major government investigation. It does not matter how safe or right you think you are; Paypal will get you. They are worse than the government.

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
jmaresca

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

LEGIT AIRDROPS - https://airdrop.buzz

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 06:28:09 PM

I just curious guys let sat i sell 100 dollars worth of bitcoin and now  have 100 dollars  in the account .I transfer that 100 to another paypal  account of mine nothing to link the 2 accounts both different name email addresses .A charge back happens.There now no money in the frist account .Will paypal take the money out of the second account ?How many accounts will payapl track the money two and will they do a chargeback on each account?Are  will they leave it at the first account with -100 which i never instead to pay those fuckers back they can be left holding the bag .Yeah your out bitcoin and money while paypal and the scammer is siting pretty hell with that  .Trying to think of ways around it .Wonder would this work Huh

Sorry to hear about your issue with PayPal. Sometimes it hard dealing with buyers online and then having to use PayPal as a payment processor because it's so common online and then you get a scumbag customer who knows that PP will side with the buyer most of the time. Sometimes you just have to chalk it up to doing business as usual.

BINANCE CASH BACK PROGRAM - Earn back 12% of your trading fees w/ our cash back program. https://binancecashback.com - EBATES OF CRYPTO TRADING!
allthebitandbobs (OP)

Activity: 1162

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:20:41 PM

Sorry to hear about your issue with PayPal. Sometimes it hard dealing with buyers online and then having to use PayPal as a payment processor because it's so common online and then you get a scumbag customer who knows that PP will side with the buyer most of the time. Sometimes you just have to chalk it up to doing business as usual.
[/quote]

No issues at the moment but i did get caught for 200 euro once and vowed never again.So more of a preventive measures

A couple of things i left out

The paypal cant get linked back to me  false name false address and i excess through a vpn .
I only link a disposable debit card  the account also not in my name only 10-15 dollars on it  .

I pretty sure i have it guys i added in  one are two steps  extra .Keeping the last few  a secret Cheesy but i pretty sure if a charge back happens i not   be the one  holding the bag Grin  .

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀