Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:12:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware of LEGENDARY member 'tytanick' and his lapdog 'meatmeat'  (Read 1025 times)
jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:39:03 AM

Meatmeat looks to be a hacked account and doing some digging I found this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2120703.0. Meatmeat took out a loan for 0.04 around 4 days ago and payment was due yesterday. I don't think the loan has been paid back.

Also, a word of advice. I wouldn't care about rank. Legendary only is how long you have been on the forum, not a sign of how trusted a member is.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:25:24 AM

Gratitude of sharing this situation. I just really though that maybe an account was hacked because it is really difficult to make up to the higher rank to gain good reputation then in just such an instant it will be involve in scamming just to be marked with negative trust. Anyway if he really make up to the victims then he deserve a chance i think.
MiF

Activity: 1358
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:38:07 AM

Gratitude of sharing this situation. I just really though that maybe an account was hacked because it is really difficult to make up to the higher rank to gain good reputation then in just such an instant it will be involve in scamming just to be marked with negative trust. Anyway if he really make up to the victims then he deserve a chance i think.

We must becareful of dealing with it maybe hacked or not we must see characters trustworthiness first before dealing not because they achieved a higher rank it means that we will lower our guard and we give them a full trust. Make sure you're right then go a head Pal lots of bad guy are roaming this days.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Dart315

Activity: 122
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:02:23 AM

I may be new, but I have a hell of a lot more integrity than you do.
For one, I don't try to scam people

Anyway i think that in the end GOD or some other strange FORCE will take care of those thiefs .... and the good people.
There was a day when i lost 100 BTC becasue it was stolen from mtgox (but it was then only 500$) Sad
I must say that i had similar password there. Meaby its connected.

Pardon, may I ask — why you didn't change your password immediately after the hack? I mean everywhere. 
tytanick
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 08:45:58 AM

I may be new, but I have a hell of a lot more integrity than you do.
For one, I don't try to scam people

Anyway i think that in the end GOD or some other strange FORCE will take care of those thiefs .... and the good people.
There was a day when i lost 100 BTC becasue it was stolen from mtgox (but it was then only 500$) Sad
I must say that i had similar password there. Meaby its connected.

Pardon, may I ask — why you didn't change your password immediately after the hack? I mean everywhere. 

Becasue it was "just a forum" but in that case it wasnt "just a forum" Sad
I dont have this password in any fragile system. But fact is a fact that keeping the same passwords even on forums can be bad thing.
On rest services like servers, banks, exchanges etc i have bigger security passwords.
But rest forums are many that i dont even use. The bitcoin talk is only forum that i am using from time to time but even for this i dont have much time.
Also i must admit that i received recently some emails from few exchanges that someonetried bruteforce to my account.
So it had to be attack targeted especially for my nickname and my cash i guess.
Also rest services like exchanges, email - they all have Two factor enabled. Here forum doesnt offer such thing.
Still i didnt even think that someone could hack into my bitcointalk account and accualy do anything. This where i was wrong i must admit.

Manage your GPU farm the easy way with Mining OS (30 days free):  SimpleMining.net
Support available at Discord: https://simplemining.net/page/discord and admin@simplemining.net
Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1541084.0
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:03:49 AM

Well, meatmeat hasn't been in contact with me for 6 days now and it is most likely that he is going to default on his loan. It is sort of strange though because he paid back a loan before of a greater amount, but defaulted on this one.

I suspected his account to be hacked because he requested a loan from me with an address that wasn't used by him before, so i informed him about it and he said that he was indeed hacked and changed his pw. I'm confident that i was lendng to the real meatmeat, as he provided a signed message. It is likely that you were talking to the hacker of tytanick and meatmeat, though.

I haven't received any messages from tytanick though.
tytanick
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 11:42:51 AM

I am glad that everything worked as it should. Also keep in mind that i probably never will do deals via forum and if you are unsure always write to simplemining.net domain mail to confirm anything. As we see the phishings and hacker tricks still works.
Also i received many alert emails that someone is trying to access my exchanges accounts Smiley
Still i have always two factor everywhere so no point of hacking Smiley

Manage your GPU farm the easy way with Mining OS (30 days free):  SimpleMining.net
Support available at Discord: https://simplemining.net/page/discord and admin@simplemining.net
garytheasshole

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 11:47:33 AM

2fa is pointless if they've owned your servers.

tytanick
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 01:45:49 PM

2fa is pointless if they've owned your servers.
I mean 2fa here on forum.

The server have rsa keys and its possible to login from certain ip addresses.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: