Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:18:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is Ragingazn628?  (Read 1830 times)
Rallye (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 07:56:58 AM

I have sent him numerous messages regarding the transferring of ownership of my Avalon chips that I purchased in the first group buy.  He needs to confirm with my buyer that I still indeed am the owner of said chips before I can sell them.  I have noticed that he has been online a few times in the 6 days since first messaging him, but still no reply.  I'm in a bit of a financial situation right now and really need him to respond, and this is kind of worrying me :/  I realize that all of us have other things going on in our lives, but as the handler of our chips, i feel like it should be his responsibility to deal with these type of things...  So Ragingazn, if you are out there, please answer my messages! 

Thanks,
John

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 08:23:17 AM

Did you use escrow?

wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 06:43:52 PM

I have sent him numerous messages regarding the transferring of ownership of my Avalon chips that I purchased in the first group buy.  He needs to confirm with my buyer that I still indeed am the owner of said chips before I can sell them.  I have noticed that he has been online a few times in the 6 days since first messaging him, but still no reply.  I'm in a bit of a financial situation right now and really need him to respond, and this is kind of worrying me :/  I realize that all of us have other things going on in our lives, but as the handler of our chips, i feel like it should be his responsibility to deal with these type of things...  So Ragingazn, if you are out there, please answer my messages!  

Thanks,
John

Pretty sure he stated when the group buy completed that he would not be doing transfers of ownership once the order was placed. If you want to sell your chips, it's up to you to get them, and ship them to the new owner. He has no responsibility to you other than to provide the chips that you purchased, TO YOU, as per the terms of the original contract.

Failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency or obligation on his part. Any willingness on his part to accomodate your reneging on the deal is purely out of the kindness of his own heart. I repeat, he owes you NOTHING but chips.

Lose the entitlement complex.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 08:47:28 PM

I have sent him numerous messages regarding the transferring of ownership of my Avalon chips that I purchased in the first group buy.  He needs to confirm with my buyer that I still indeed am the owner of said chips before I can sell them.  I have noticed that he has been online a few times in the 6 days since first messaging him, but still no reply.  I'm in a bit of a financial situation right now and really need him to respond, and this is kind of worrying me :/  I realize that all of us have other things going on in our lives, but as the handler of our chips, i feel like it should be his responsibility to deal with these type of things...  So Ragingazn, if you are out there, please answer my messages!  

Thanks,
John

Pretty sure he stated when the group buy completed that he would not be doing transfers of ownership once the order was placed. If you want to sell your chips, it's up to you to get them, and ship them to the new owner. He has no responsibility to you other than to provide the chips that you purchased, TO YOU, as per the terms of the original contract.

Failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency or obligation on his part. Any willingness on his part to accomodate your reneging on the deal is purely out of the kindness of his own heart. I repeat, he owes you NOTHING but chips.

Lose the entitlement complex.

Or you could give ragingazn the buyers address when he asks you where to ship. Thats what i say the groupbuyers in my gb when they want to sell...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
ecliptic

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 12:20:43 AM

Thanks,
John

I do not recall ragingazn628 saying that he would not respect transfers of ownerships after order.  In fact I have purchased chips from two seperate people in batch #1 with no difficulties and he has confirmed via email/pm/post that it was fine and he will send them to my address.

Perhaps you are thinking of Zefir or someone else?  Do you know where the post you are thinking of might be?
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 12:33:21 AM

I think Raginganzn628 should simply state that now even if it wasn't in the original contract just for simplification and to avoid issues with other buyers. Get your chips and ship them forward is the best solution for all involved.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
ecliptic

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 12:38:43 AM

I think Raginganzn628 should simply state that now even if it wasn't in the original contract just for simplification and to avoid issues with other buyers. Get your chips and ship them forward is the best solution for all involved.
He told me that having the previous owner "ship them forward" was not required, he would instead ship the chips to the new owner (i.e. me) and requested my address to do so and confirmed everything.

I seriously fail to see how you think that "shipping them forward" is a better solution for anyone. much less EVERYONE.

The person who originally bought the chips has already received the BTC as payment for their chips.  There is no reason to send the chips to them.  Theoretically they could take the chips and there is literally no recourse for the people who bought the chips from them.  They have no stake anymore.

Ragingazn628 explicitly said he would update the address if people bought out someone's batch of chips.  Going back on this is Wrong.

Maybe he decided to change his policy for new attempted transfers.  That is fine.  But that is not what the case was in the past.

I'm sure this is just nonsense but you're really pissing me off and making me paranoid that someone is trying to scam me.  Hopefully Ragingazn628 comes back.  I trust him.
spanishfry

Activity: 72

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 02:00:22 AM

regardless of your philosophy on where ragingazn's responsibility begins and ends, he should respond.  lose the entitlement? geeze

Bicknellski

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 04:08:26 AM

He told me that having the previous owner "ship them forward" was not required, he would instead ship the chips to the new owner (i.e. me) and requested my address to do so and confirmed everything.

I seriously fail to see how you think that "shipping them forward" is a better solution for anyone. much less EVERYONE.

The person who originally bought the chips has already received the BTC as payment for their chips.  There is no reason to send the chips to them.  Theoretically they could take the chips and there is literally no recourse for the people who bought the chips from them.  They have no stake anymore.

Ragingazn628 explicitly said he would update the address if people bought out someone's batch of chips.  Going back on this is Wrong.

Maybe he decided to change his policy for new attempted transfers.  That is fine.  But that is not what the case was in the past.

I'm sure this is just nonsense but you're really pissing me off and making me paranoid that someone is trying to scam me.  Hopefully Ragingazn628 comes back.  I trust him.

I see it as LESS work for him and that keeps all our orders in the current format and there will be ZERO transposition errors. If he told you that fine I have no issue then.

As for HE SHOULD ANSWER NOW... maybe or maybe not... Try talking to John K give him a small tip and ask him to follow up with Rag on the chips or at least get some clarity. No need to get all bent out of shape right now we are still 1 month + away from shipping right? Send a PM. Send another email etc keep trying to contact him. I agree it can be very worrying he is not responding but maybe he has been flooded with requests like this and again that is why it would be better if he just did like other group buys and said 1x transfer or something and limit this. The more hyper-sensitive people are the more it puts unnecessary pressure on the whole group. You can panic 10 days before shipping if he hasn't contacted you. It really PISSES me off that people have to really get their panties in a knot over something like this given the time frame and it puts my own chips count potentially at risk for clerical errors... see my point right? I see yours I agree it is troubling but again to stir the pot like this is not really helping anyone at this point.  It was bad enough that during the buying phase people were being total douche bags trying to change the arrangements less drama the better.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Vycid

Activity: 336

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 09:25:40 AM

I'm sure this is just nonsense but you're really pissing me off and making me paranoid that someone is trying to scam me.  Hopefully Ragingazn628 comes back.  I trust him.

I see it as LESS work for him and that keeps all our orders in the current format and there will be ZERO transposition errors. If he told you that fine I have no issue then.

As for HE SHOULD ANSWER NOW... maybe or maybe not... Try talking to John K give him a small tip and ask him to follow up with Rag on the chips or at least get some clarity. No need to get all bent out of shape right now we are still 1 month + away from shipping right? Send a PM. Send another email etc keep trying to contact him. I agree it can be very worrying he is not responding but maybe he has been flooded with requests like this and again that is why it would be better if he just did like other group buys and said 1x transfer or something and limit this. The more hyper-sensitive people are the more it puts unnecessary pressure on the whole group. You can panic 10 days before shipping if he hasn't contacted you. It really PISSES me off that people have to really get their panties in a knot over something like this given the time frame and it puts my own chips count potentially at risk for clerical errors... see my point right? I see yours I agree it is troubling but again to stir the pot like this is not really helping anyone at this point.  It was bad enough that during the buying phase people were being total douche bags trying to change the arrangements less drama the better.

Wow, you want to talk about entitlement? Nobody else is allowed to transfer their chips because you're worried it might cause clerical errors for yours, huh?

6 days with no response from a guy responsible for almost $100k in chips is reason for concern. He's not obligated to change anything in the orders, but he can't be completely out of contact when we're trusting him with that kind of money.

Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 09:41:36 AM

Again: did you use escrow?

Bicknellski

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:43:43 AM

As for HE SHOULD ANSWER NOW... maybe or maybe not... Try talking to John K give him a small tip and ask him to follow up with Rag on the chips or at least get some clarity. No need to get all bent out of shape right now we are still 1 month + away from shipping right? Send a PM. Send another email etc keep trying to contact him. I agree it can be very worrying he is not responding but maybe he has been flooded with requests like this and again that is why it would be better if he just did like other group buys and said 1x transfer or something and limit this. The more hyper-sensitive people are the more it puts unnecessary pressure on the whole group. You can panic 10 days before shipping if he hasn't contacted you. It really PISSES me off that people have to really get their panties in a knot over something like this given the time frame and it puts my own chips count potentially at risk for clerical errors... see my point right? I see yours I agree it is troubling but again to stir the pot like this is not really helping anyone at this point.  It was bad enough that during the buying phase people were being total douche bags trying to change the arrangements less drama the better.

Wow, you want to talk about entitlement? Nobody else is allowed to transfer their chips because you're worried it might cause clerical errors for yours, huh?

6 days with no response from a guy responsible for almost $100k in chips is reason for concern. He's not obligated to change anything in the orders, but he can't be completely out of contact when we're trusting him with that kind of money.

Stamp your feet all you want. Remedy is get in touch with JOHN K.... as I told you. If you want to play games here go right ahead. I will be waiting patiently while you beat a drum and scream from the roof tops.

Bicknellski

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:50:48 AM

https://109.201.133.65/index.php?topic=177994.msg2237210#msg2237210

John K has PM'd him to check in with the thread. What more do you want?

dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:54:06 AM

https://109.201.133.65/index.php?topic=177994.msg2237210#msg2237210

John K has PM'd him to check in with the thread. What more do you want?

if they guy hasn't reply me for 6 long days I also would be concern, you have to understand the position he is in  Wink
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 01:50:39 PM

no offense, but isn't this only relevant if the chips haven't been ordered?  If they've been ordered I assume John K has already had to forward the btc to Avalon, hence limited protection here.
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 01:56:59 PM

no offense, but isn't this only relevant if the chips haven't been ordered?  If they've been ordered I assume John K has already had to forward the btc to Avalon, hence limited protection here.

True. Hope at least you requested for his ID, etc. to be reviewed by mods. You simply do not give such amount of money to a random guy on the interwebz without having his info checked.

wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 04:14:13 PM

regardless of your philosophy on where ragingazn's responsibility begins and ends, he should respond.  lose the entitlement? geeze

Based on WHAT? His part of the bargain was to place an order on behalf of the group, and then ship to the people he ordered on behalf of once the chips arrive.

Nowhere did he sign up to be anybody's personal secretary/accountant/mommy.

The chips aren't anywhere near shipping yet, so he has no responsibility to sit around an monitor the forums, just in case somebody wants to change horses mid-race, or whatever. Not his responsibility. Not the job he signed up for.

If I were him, I'd charge a fee for people who wanted to change their orders up after the fact. Time is money, and when you have to make special accommodations to every person who went off half-cocked, and bought things they couldn't afford, or have buyers remorse after the fact, time gets expensive real quick.

I travel a few times a year, and occasionally spend 15-20 days at a time without getting online beyond monitoring my phone for any legitimate emergencies. Sometimes I might jump online really quickly on my phone to check up on something of interest, etc, but that doesn't mean that I get on once, and I'm suddenly responsible to answer every single email or message I've received.

There's any number of valid reasons why he might not respond immediately (or at all) to people making demands that weren't part of the original deal. Even if it WAS part of the original deal, there's still plenty of time before chips will be shipping, so he's not obligated to put a 'rush' on your requests.

Failure to plan, on your (or somebody else's) part, does not constitute and emergency on his part. Period. Full Stop. End of story.

No, because it puts HUNDREDS of people's orders at risk, just for the convenience of ONE PERSON, who can't be bothered to stick to his commitment. That's not entitlement to look out for the group as a whole. What's entitled is expecting that it's okay to put the risk of EVERYBODY's order getting screwed up aside, in favor of benefitting ONE person, who doesn't have the testicular fortitude to complete the transaction that he agreed to. Can't keep your word? Fine. Why should that be everybody else's problem, and not YOUR problem?

The group (and its individual members) have a vested interest in making sure that a few deadbeats don't screw things up for the rest of the group (and its individual members).

He CAN'T? What part of the agreement said he had to be in constant contact with every individual member of the group buy? Once the chips ship from Avalon, he has a responsibility to ship them out. That's it. No part of the agreement says he has to be caught up in the crosstalk that takes place in the weeks/months before the chips arrive at his door.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
spanishfry

Activity: 72

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 04:19:26 PM

this is not about you wrenchmonkey, so save your personal stories for an audience that cares.  also please stop repeating your platitudes, they're tired.
Vycid

Activity: 336

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 04:39:27 PM

The chips aren't anywhere near shipping yet, so he has no responsibility to sit around an monitor the forums, just in case somebody wants to change horses mid-race, or whatever. Not his responsibility. Not the job he signed up for.

He said he was going to offer PCBs, too. No news on that front.

If I were him, I'd charge a fee for people who wanted to change their orders up after the fact. Time is money, and when you have to make special accommodations to every person who went off half-cocked, and bought things they couldn't afford, or have buyers remorse after the fact, time gets expensive real quick.

That is a reasonable compromise.

I travel a few times a year, and occasionally spend 15-20 days at a time without getting online beyond monitoring my phone for any legitimate emergencies. Sometimes I might jump online really quickly on my phone to check up on something of interest, etc, but that doesn't mean that I get on once, and I'm suddenly responsible to answer every single email or message I've received.

Then don't take $100k of other peoples' money.

No, because it puts HUNDREDS of people's orders at risk, just for the convenience of ONE PERSON, who can't be bothered to stick to his commitment. That's not entitlement to look out for the group as a whole. What's entitled is expecting that it's okay to put the risk of EVERYBODY's order getting screwed up aside, in favor of benefitting ONE person, who doesn't have the testicular fortitude to complete the transaction that he agreed to. Can't keep your word? Fine. Why should that be everybody else's problem, and not YOUR problem?

Do you actually have any reason for the argument that it puts other orders at risk? The people that don't transfer their chips still have their records intact, and he can't ship more (or less, hopefully) chips than he's accounted for.

Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 04:51:56 PM

He said he was going to offer PCBs, too. No news on that front.

That is a reasonable compromise.

Then don't take $100k of other peoples' money.

Do you actually have any reason for the argument that it puts other orders at risk? The people that don't transfer their chips still have their records intact, and he can't ship more (or less, hopefully) chips than he's accounted for.

I just have one thing to say: if there's people stupid enough to give $100k's to an anonymous guy on the interwebz, without asking and checking his ID, etc., or at the very least without having a trusted moderator to verify all his personal details (ID, home address, etc.), then the fault is all on the people who handed over the money to that anonymous guy on the interwebz.

I've managed group buys here and I always sent my passport, ID, utility bills, etc. to the people that were trusting me with their money. Otherwise, is just too easy to run with it - don't you think so?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: