Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 06:34:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shall I invest in datum.network??  (Read 836 times)
Cryptoticker (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 08:33:46 PM

Hi guys, I work as a Data Analyst in a big German company. A staff member told me on Friday about https://datum.network. I took a look at the project and everything sounds quite reasonable for me. As a "Data Expert" I can actually also agree with their basic principle "Data is the new oil". They think Data should be more personal and useable for yourself and not for big companies like google, facebook etc. They try turning data into tradeable commodities for everybody. And they have Token Pre-Sale at the moment with up to 70% discount. Sounds quite good actually. But, before I invest I wanted to ask you guys if somebody here already invested in datum.network or made some experience already? Because I'm not an expert in cryptocurrencies so much I would be happy to hear what you guys think about this! Let me know  Grin
pedagogischvertwoll

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:51:25 PM

No, I wouldn't. I like the idea too, but the whitepaper isn't really convincing.
Danielpeters

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 09:05:55 AM

I also looked at the Project because I didn'd knew it but it sounds convincing to me. Also I see no problems with the Whitepaper... think I'm going to invest soon  Cool
peterexpert

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 10:18:22 AM

Just read about it... Sounds pretty interesting! 
pedagogischvertwoll

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 11:06:52 AM

I also looked at the Project because I didn'd knew it but it sounds convincing to me. Also I see no problems with the Whitepaper... think I'm going to invest soon  Cool

best of luck. imo they fail in quite some important aspects to consider when investing in an ico:

]-there is no prototype and actual product so far?! no github? i mean, they only sell their promise at this moment
- their range between soft and hardcap is between 5000ETH and 150000ETH (30x bigger) -> actually, i always thought that you need liquidity for some planned actions in the future (for instance further development of product, gaining attention etc) BUT you do this according to planned spendings and not by estimating them in an accuracy of 30x ?!?
- there are actually followers on twitter telegram etc but just because they got a TON of free token by joining

What I mean to say: I'd strongly recommend to define some important parameters before investing and not just rely on "your feeling"
milenium

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 11:17:22 AM

Hi guys, I work as a Data Analyst in a big German company. A staff member told me on Friday about https://datum.network. I took a look at the project and everything sounds quite reasonable for me. As a "Data Expert" I can actually also agree with their basic principle "Data is the new oil". They think Data should be more personal and useable for yourself and not for big companies like google, facebook etc. They try turning data into tradeable commodities for everybody. And they have Token Pre-Sale at the moment with up to 70% discount. Sounds quite good actually. But, before I invest I wanted to ask you guys if somebody here already invested in datum.network or made some experience already? Because I'm not an expert in cryptocurrencies so much I would be happy to hear what you guys think about this! Let me know  Grin

Your post is like a hidden advertisement  Grin
datum.network is very similar to siacoin. If they do everything as a road map for them, then they will succeed.
ngefek berat

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 01:04:35 PM

Honestly if I also have not because the stage is still learning may one day could be plunged into it but still need time in advance to be able to adjust well.
datum.network

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:09:58 AM

Hello Community! I actually work at datum.network and I was very happy when I saw that there is a lot of discussion here. Everybody who's interested: feel free to join our Chat on Slack!
https://join.slack.com/t/datumnetwork/shared_invite/MjI0MjQxMDQyMzU2LTE1MDIyNzM0ODItZGUzMWE3NDBjMQ
I'm trying to answer to the questions you have here in the Forum.
coolzzz

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

Coins

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:27:23 AM

Also in this ICO, because i do see a bright future Smiley

datum.network

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:30:00 AM

best of luck. imo they fail in quite some important aspects to consider when investing in an ico:

]-there is no prototype and actual product so far?! no github? i mean, they only sell their promise at this moment
- their range between soft and hardcap is between 5000ETH and 150000ETH (30x bigger) -> actually, i always thought that you need liquidity for some planned actions in the future (for instance further development of product, gaining attention etc) BUT you do this according to planned spendings and not by estimating them in an accuracy of 30x ?!?
- there are actually followers on twitter telegram etc but just because they got a TON of free token by joining

What I mean to say: I'd strongly recommend to define some important parameters before investing and not just rely on "your feeling"

Hope I can help you:

A prototype will be released before 12th September, some sneak peaks of it will be posted to our social media pages in the next coming days

The soft cap of 5000 ETH represents the minimum funds required to develop an MVP and launch it to market focused on the personal data segment (one of the verticals that Datum is targeting), with a limited and focused marketing budget. For any supply & demand driven marketplace reaching critical mass in relatively short period of time is key for success. The hard cap of 153000 ETH would allow for immediate expansion into multiple verticals beyond personal data such as IOT data and other device generated data, along with a corresponding marketing budget to entice data suppliers as well as data buyers to rapidly adopt the platform. The large difference between soft and hard cap reflects the fact that spending significantly more on development does not yield a linear return hence the relatively low soft cap, whereas an increase in marketing spending provides an almost linear return and accelerates the schedule to return value to token holders by cementing the marketplace dominance.                       

The free DAT Token giveaway is deliberate and central to our early growth strategy, over 10'000 people have subscribed to the giveaway already and these will all become users of the Datum app when they redeem their tokens. This provides an early and instant user base for Datum before the network has even launched. We invite you to join our lively discussion groups on Slack and Telegram to learn more. :-)
Danielpeters

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:37:54 AM

Wow, getting some First-hand information right here! Cheesy Thx for that... I was searching for those answer on your website before. With this knowledge I think I might invest in datum.network and just see what's gonna happen  Cool Huh
peterexpert

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:44:51 AM

I guess I'll wait for the Prototype to release before I go further  Roll Eyes
Cryptoticker (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 09:54:06 AM

Wow! Thank you guys, never thought this would happen, I really appreciate your Inputs. Smiley 
didn't knew they're releasing a Prototype soon...
BTCwriter
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:06:52 AM

The answer is NO
asepsetiawan1990

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:57:25 AM

in the end you will also decide. But my advice you can be more thorough in the investment. Datum provides a pretty fresh and functional project.  Cheesy
treather

Activity: 266
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:14:46 AM

Fair points, people need to analyst the future potential of icos before investing. Not invest then hope it pays off, then when things go pear shaped they scream scam.

peterexpert

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:37:32 PM

Can't wait for the prototype to release! I'm investing about 2k... :-)
Cryptoticker (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 12:47:27 PM

Nice!  Wink just remember to only invest money you don't  really "need"  Cool
Minotza

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:59:20 PM

Hello Community! I actually work at datum.network and I was very happy when I saw that there is a lot of discussion here. Everybody who's interested: feel free to join our Chat on Slack!
https://join.slack.com/t/datumnetwork/shared_invite/MjI0MjQxMDQyMzU2LTE1MDIyNzM0ODItZGUzMWE3NDBjMQ
I'm trying to answer to the questions you have here in the Forum.

Can I get a new link? This one has expired, thank you!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: