Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 11:35:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Establishing Interest: Envision ICO  (Read 359 times)
Envision_ (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:43:31 PM

Hey guys. Inb4 noobie account.

I've wanted to create a certain type of business ever since I discovered it while trading penny stocks.  However, that business comes with certain requirements I do not meet.  I would like to create an ICO to found this company, and reward the token holders as much as I can for doing so.  Before committing hundreds of hours to this, I would like to see if this even sounds appealing to the market.  Here's my pitch.

So this token does not have a use case. Outside of the ICO contract there is no time sucking development (as planned, anyway).
It is very purely an investment class token.
- ICO seeks $2m - $3m
- ICO will be registered with the SEC, all US citizens can participate with out exception.  This also means there will be public audits and filings available, as required by the SEC.
- ICO funds will found an investment company
- Investment company will buy certain unregistered high-yield notes from publicly traded companies. [These activities require an accredited investor, hence the 2-3 million ICO request]
- These notes usually yield 50% - 100% in 6 months - countless real world examples, estimates here will be using 50% ROI.
- VALUE POINT: The company will use half of profits to buy back the coin in a way that is compliant with the SEC (i.e. not pumping, just accumulating)
- That means that the first buyback would be around $500k, assuming notes are fully realized and ICO brings in $3m.
- Other half of profits would be reinvested so future buybacks can be larger.  Next Buyback would be ~$700k maintaining the same assumption of full realization.
- Repurchase coins are not sold.  If anything, the market cap would have to get big enough to make any repurchase truly immaterial  *With full community support* - tokens would be liquidated only to pursue much larger contracts, meaning much larger buybacks.

Looking into the future: Also, being registered with the SEC, this company could acquire other start-ups and make ICOs for them that would by buyable by US citizens. These would have some kickbacks to the investment company that would contribute to buybacks. (This is mostly an after thought for me)

Thanks for reading.
ICOs seem to be really focused on "development".  I intend to create one that gets from where we are - to profit, without all the bs in between.  I'm just not sure if the crypto community would see the same value here that I do.   Thoughts?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: