Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:27:48 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining scrypt coins with Antminer L3+  (Read 3687 times)
thinknow (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:19:53 PM

Is it possible to mine other coins(with the scrypt algorythm of course) than Litecoins with the Antminer L3+ ? If so, which coins and which pools? I tried yesterday to point one of my miners at Gulden(NLG) that is scrypt coin, but of 86 accepted shares i got 120 discarded and almost as many rejected.. So that was a bummer.. I was hoping for a nice profit tonight..

It should be possible, shouldnt it? It is a scrypt miner, even though it is specialized for Litecoin..

Is the problem that the pools doesnt support miners with that many chips and that high hashrate? If that is the issue(As it is at give-me-coins mining pool with litecoin even, i tried yesterday, but the only had asic pools for miners for maximum 300(+/-)megahashes/s..

So if anyone knows about a pool that support Antminers, please let me know! Smiley I want to mine either Gamecredits, Dogecoin, Viacoin, Gulden, or Novacoin could also be an alternative!

Thnx!

Best Regards
Thinknow
Khurram Bin Kamal

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:33:15 PM

Hash2 coins pool is good choice if you want other coins rather than Ltc and if you want your coins changed to one coin like BTC LTC ETH you could use prohasing pool they mine the most profitable coin and give you reward in the coin of your choice with I think 6 to 7 choices
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:57:02 PM

Of course, you can mine other scrypt coins. When you configure your pool, just point it to another coin. Example for EWBF zcash miner. I mine Zencash instead of zec, instead of pointing to zec.suprnova I use zen.suprnova.

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 11:50:51 PM

There are some Scrypt pools that don't work well with high-capability ASIC miners, though fewer than there were 2 years ago before the Innosilicon A2, KNC Titan, and Alcheminer showed up.

The L3+ is NOT "specialized for Litecoin", it is specialized for Scrypt mining.

TheBlocksFactory should work well for you as a DGB pool on Scrypt.

DOGE - don't bother, it's a merge-mined coin not worth mining it on it's own.

I forget what pool I was using briefly to mine GAME.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 12:16:40 AM

your asic is scrypt , that is the algo used to perform the hash, any POW coin using the scrypt is posssible to mine using your rig.
there are many coins even with the same algo are very hard to mine with asic.
thinknow (OP)

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 04:54:51 PM

There are some Scrypt pools that don't work well with high-capability ASIC miners, though fewer than there were 2 years ago before the Innosilicon A2, KNC Titan, and Alcheminer showed up.

Yeah, i got it to work now on TheBlockFactory mining Digibyte.. But Digitbyte was never my inention to mine:p Is it any good? Does it have a future, or should i just exchange it asap?  

Thank you for the reply! Helped me a lot! When searching for miningpools it seems to mee that they have paid off most of the "adfirms" or the banks pay the search engines(or the people who have "control" over the trackers, ad's, cookies and so on) to "block" searches that are related to cryptocurrencies, and to make them and really earn(or buy) them, somehow make it harder to find than other topics, .. Because i get a lot of bad sites(Not just spam. but just really really bad sites with almost no information, when the truth is it is really a lot of info out there.. On forums, blogs and so much more.. But all i get is a few reditt threads and some youtube clips(that have almost nothing to do with the keywords i am searching for:p) and a few bad sites as i said..

But when searching for other things, that i know to have much less followers, developers and people interested in it, it isusually pretty easy to find.. Why is this? May people who write about blockchain projects and howto's, faq's ++ get "silenced" or are everyone just holding to them self, not sharing to any other than people following them on twitter or something like that? So they dont use any time adding adwords at google, and other things that make it easier to search for..

That was pretty much off topic, sorry i forgot where i was writing, lol :p

But i try to find a pool that supports ASIC and automatically changes which coins you mine(And perhaps also have merged mining) Maybe something like Minergate is possible!(if i could choose how many hashing board to use at each coin as well, it would be awesome) Wink
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 07:57:17 PM

In theory, suprnova SHOULD work - but I've been VERY underwhelmed by their performance every time I've tried to use them.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
iMaster

Activity: 135
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:05:22 PM

Is the problem that the pools doesnt support miners with that many chips and that high hashrate?

First, where can the pools know how many chips you have.
Secondly, pools support a different difficulty. Everything depends on the pool, you need to specify (usually -p) d = <difficulty> (for example -p d = 4, this is for x13)

In the third, many asics are configured specifically for the mining of one currency or one algorithm. To change this you need to flip it, your firmware.
dagoz87

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 06:21:48 AM

Currently mining  Litkoin (scrypt) at https://thecryptopool.com , seems like nice project.

ianj

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:08:42 AM

Currently mining  Litkoin (scrypt) at https://thecryptopool.com , seems like nice project.

Not any more - it died yesterday and it seems the pool isn't accepting hash for any Scrypt based coins
dagoz87

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:42:33 AM

Currently mining  Litkoin (scrypt) at https://thecryptopool.com , seems like nice project.

Not any more - it died yesterday and it seems the pool isn't accepting hash for any Scrypt based coins

Visit here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2251094

Still 2 other pools 😆

Nooblife

Activity: 26

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:46:45 AM

Good evening.  I am seeing extremely low low low performance at the blocksfactory.  This is in reference to using Bitmain Antminer L3+ running scrypt and mining Digibyte.

My target used:

stratum+tcp://s1.theblocksfactory.com:9004

I am seeing something close to 20% acceptance or less on the miner results.  Any help with this directly would be appreciated.

Thanks
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:53:44 AM

try here :

Prohashing

https://prohashing.com/

lets you mine other coins as payout with a scrypt miner , just set the pay out to what coin you want .

your still mining scrypt coin but you pick what coin it pays this about the only site that does it I trust and actually pays in the coin you want mining with scrypt miners and X11 miners.

Some other site do but it may weeks to get the coin you want as payout from those other pools  like Zpools ...

in fact zpools fucked me on some Zcash,I'll never see after they got hacked one time so i stay away form Zpools.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
aminodroid

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 07:02:09 PM

try here: https://pool.gigarho.com

simple setup
profit switching
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: