Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:52:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC or LTC?  (Read 1003 times)
happybolla (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 08:37:22 AM

Should i has invest to BTC or LTC now? (i'm new here)

Thanks!
ncerj

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 09:06:11 AM

LTC  is low now Grin
YaCoinYeah

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 09:06:41 AM

LTC, if between only two.
monkeyballz

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 09:14:55 AM

Why LTC? What is the futur risk of BTC?
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 09:19:27 AM

LTC will only be successful, possibly, if BTC is successful.

If anything bad happens to BTC (although I wouldn't what that could be, but hypothetically) then LTC will immediately go downhill as well, guaranteed.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
Bunny84

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 09:26:06 AM

LTC - faster. Ale safier!
marjan-

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 09:40:59 AM

I would say: mine LTC (or another popular currency) and buy BTC
susia

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 09:56:28 AM

If anything bad happens to BTC (although I wouldn't what that could be, but hypothetically) then LTC will immediately go downhill as well, guaranteed.
Are you sure? LTC would be the only remaining popular cryptocurrency if BTC went downhill.
aceking

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 10:12:36 AM

Buy ltc now because is cheap and when is introduced to mtgox (price will rise fast) trade it to btc. I think btc is safer for long term investment.
shanmico

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 10:25:06 AM

I've come to form the opinion that with the introduction of ASICs that BTC is going to become more and more centralised. My theory arises from the suspicion that human nature will play a significant role in bitcoins future. I see it like this: A few savvy start up companies out there have contracted Chinese manufactures to produce ASICs with the intent of selling to the public and distributing hashing power as fairly as possible, but.... If you were a Chinese manufacturer laying this golden egg I am certain you would make a significant number of extras so you could mine a lot of eggs for yourself.

I'm a strong believer that bitcoin will succeed as a commodity but the sharing of wealth, which is an important factor in its viability as a currency rather than just a speculative commodity, will be unfairly distributed. Litecoin is a much more level playing field. The little guy has a big role to play in the future of Litecoin and scrypt makes this possible. As more and more miners come to realise this and move their hashing power toward Litecoin there will be an inevitable build up of its financial base.

The key to widespread adoption of crypto currency hinges on simplicity for the average Joe and this will not occur with Bitcoin whilst it becomes harder and harder for the little guy to get involved. This all started to beat the monopoly and control of fatcat bankers and will halt in its tracks when people start to realize that the Winklevoss twins and others are simply trying to shift current monetary monopolies into their own pockets. There are principles at stake here that are about more than just pure profit for the crypto currency community. Lets not let greed win again.

I myself continue to quietly work away on developing a central point that legitimate retailers can be represented online. A Litecoin, or Bitcoin, online plaza that brings these currencies into a realm where they begin to have a use beyond speculation and illicit trade. If anyone has any ideas, resources or donations to help bring this dream to fruition then feel free to contact me.

Long live crypto.
ts0411

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 10:25:58 AM

I would say: mine LTC (or another popular currency) and buy BTC

can't agree more
systic

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 10:26:47 AM

why not mine both?
Pokerfan

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 10:27:39 AM

Mine bitcoin or litecoin (or another liquid currency). Sell LTC, buy BTC.
gpurig1

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 10:45:59 AM

litecoins rock
Coreyok96

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 10:54:31 AM

Up to you.

The overall trend we've been seeing right now is that they're both going up. Although, just like other currencies are tied to the US dollar, litecoin is, at least somewhat, tied to Bitcoin. Though, with Litecoin being added to Mt.Gox (eventually) and ASICs shipping out driving bitcoin GPU miners to litecoin (eventually) litecoin is likely to go up in value against the bitcoin and is thus a good investment. Besides, bitcoin going up won't lower litecoin's value against it too badly, so you'd be likely to profit off litecoin if bitcoin went up too, although you'd profit from bitcoin rising more holding bitcoin directly incase people try to trade litecoin at the value that litecoin was in USD before the rise.
deforse

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 02:49:49 PM

Buy ltc now because is cheap and when is introduced to mtgox (price will rise fast) trade it to btc. I think btc is safer for long term investment.
I have asked them (mtgox) about litecoin introducing on their exchange and they rote to me that do not have any idea to make it.
shanmico

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 03:00:35 PM

I would be interested, as would many others I believe, to see a copy of that correspondence with Mt GOX if you would be willing to share it. The rumours are rife so any news vaguely confirming or denying, directly from the horses mouth, would be interesting and would certainly help to dispel uncertainty as to Litecoins immediate future on the largest crypto exchange. Would you be willing to share this with us or is this another tall tale intended to inflate Bitcoin over its competitors.
negerkolle

Activity: 59

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 03:13:27 PM

I buy 2 LTC for every 1 BTC I buy, that way I cant lose.
foxygoxy

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 03:19:33 PM

Yes buying a little of each is never a bad idea. The big boys call it diversifying or something.
thisway

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 03:44:10 PM

Go on LTC since the price is still low. There is potential that LTC rises in value as soon crypto currencies become more popular.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: