Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 01:41:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: did I lose my BCC when I transfered my blockchain.info balance  (Read 330 times)
MichaelBliss (OP)

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:50:22 PM

I just tried to recover my BCC from my blockchain.info wallet the same way I did with my electrum wallet but something seems to have gone wrong...   I first transferred the balance as that worked with electrum as per their instructions, then I entered the 12 word recovery phrase, selected BIP 39, but 0 balance...   

Did I mess up by moving the bitcoin first?  With the electrum wallet, the transfer didn't affect the BCC since it was post-fork.. 

Can I still recover my wallet somehow?
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1338

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 11:09:01 PM

I just tried to recover my BCC from my blockchain.info wallet the same way I did with my electrum wallet but something seems to have gone wrong...   I first transferred the balance as that worked with electrum as per their instructions, then I entered the 12 word recovery phrase, selected BIP 39, but 0 balance...   

Did I mess up by moving the bitcoin first?  With the electrum wallet, the transfer didn't affect the BCC since it was post-fork.. 

Can I still recover my wallet somehow?

Didn't understood well, you are using Electron Cash to get Bitcoin Cash. If yes and you see 0 ballance, try to change network server in wallet settings.

MichaelBliss (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 11:35:55 PM

I was trying to access my BCC balance from my now empty of BTC Blockchain wallet using the 12 recovery words from blockchain.info when creating an electron cash wallet.  I hope that makes sense.

What would I change the network settings to?
Skarner21

Activity: 700

Massive price drop coming...

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 11:58:40 PM

I was trying to access my BCC balance from my now empty of BTC Blockchain wallet using the 12 recovery words from blockchain.info when creating an electron cash wallet.  I hope that makes sense.

I think there is wrong about getting your BCC or bitcoin cash as what i understand what you mean you want to get your bitcoin cash bit you lose it
And i think when getting your bitcoin cash you need to send your bitcoin first in your new wallet where you can save your bitcoin then the old address you use you should get only the private keys backup them and recover it in electron cash and you should see your electron cash..

Make crypto as your bank.
MichaelBliss (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 12:07:23 AM

Yes as I said I moved the bitcoin from the blockchain wallet, to another place.  Took the 12 keywords down, enter them into electron cash, but there is 0 BCC balance.
SONG GEET

Activity: 700

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:57:47 PM

I have also recovered my BCC from blockchain.info wallet using same method you have mentioned above with electroncash.

I think either your electroncash is not synchronized or you might not had any balance during the time of fork. 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
MichaelBliss (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:10:45 PM

I have also recovered my BCC from blockchain.info wallet using same method you have mentioned above with electroncash.

I think either your electroncash is not synchronized or you might not had any balance during the time of fork. 

Thanks I've solved my problem since.   For anyone curious, what ended up working was sweeping the private key from blockchain.info, but I had to first uncompress it, copy/pasting the key didn't work.   
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 09:19:47 AM

Thanks I've solved my problem since.   For anyone curious, what ended up working was sweeping the private key from blockchain.info, but I had to first uncompress it, copy/pasting the key didn't work.   
That's good that you solved this problem by yourself,

So what client do you use to sweep with your coin from blockchain.info? Maybe you can mention it here so people having the same problem with yours can read it and will be able to solve their future problem regarding this matter.
MichaelBliss (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 01:22:08 PM

That's good that you solved this problem by yourself,

So what client do you use to sweep with your coin from blockchain.info? Maybe you can mention it here so people having the same problem with yours can read it and will be able to solve their future problem regarding this matter.

Oops..I used electron cash to sweep the uncompressed blockchain.info private key.  And I used https://www.bitaddress.org/ to uncompress that key.  Hope this helps.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 06:48:39 PM

Oops..I used electron cash to sweep the uncompressed blockchain.info private key.  And I used https://www.bitaddress.org/ to uncompress that key.  Hope this helps.
Wow,sounds like you have complicated the process further ! Let me guide you to a cleaner way,

1.Do you have the uncompressed private key (scannable) from the blockchain.info address ?
2.You can download the coinomi wallet and scan the private key from blockchain.info there.They have a BCC wallet so you shall get your coins.

Seems less complex and trustworthy as I have did the same without any problems.
MichaelBliss (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 12:48:15 AM

Wow,sounds like you have complicated the process further ! Let me guide you to a cleaner way,

1.Do you have the uncompressed private key (scannable) from the blockchain.info address ?
2.You can download the coinomi wallet and scan the private key from blockchain.info there.They have a BCC wallet so you shall get your coins.

Seems less complex and trustworthy as I have did the same without any problems.

Considering the process is complete, I think you're the one complicating things.
1. The private key from blockchain.info was compressed, not uncompressed, I had to uncompress it myself.
2.  No I couldn't.  (Tried that days ago, and it didn't work).

What worked for you, won't work for everyone.   
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: