Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:23:15 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do to convert others into Crypto?  (Read 785 times)
Zempa (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

MoonRunner.io

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 10:33:48 PM

Since I found Crypto, my life has changed for the better. Being one that cant go to sleep at a decent hour, having something that causes me to constantly be learning while finding new ways to make money and channel my creativity in the form of the website network I'm working on, not to mention my upcoming token sale, mining rig, ICO portfolio, etc, I'm just beside myself with excitement.

I've begun trying to educate my 3,500 facebook friends on what Crypto is and how to get involved. I'm working on a Udemy course to explain the ins and outs of Crypti trading, exchanges and mining and like I said I've been building a series of websites from ICO launch directory, a news site, a crypto online vendor directory and more planned for the future.

I just spent two hours over dinner with friends of my wife and I converting someone who knew nothing about Crypto to going home, setting up a Coinebase account and Wallet and now hes blowing me up with FB questions and I LOVE IT.

The more the merrier. So I ask all of you, outside of these forums, what are you doing to draw more people into the Crypto world?

agus_purno

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 11:35:15 PM

I do not really invite people to follow me in the world of cryptocurrency but only family and also friends who are close to me and have a high willingness to learn together then I started to give a little information about the world of cryptocurrency

███  ████     BAANX  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER
BlockMason

Activity: 137

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 12:12:42 AM

Show them my blockfolio.... game over.

Immorta

Activity: 127

New World reOrder founder, KrioRus founder

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 01:29:47 AM

What's a blockfolio ?

CRYO  |  ADVANCED CRYOPRESERVATION TECHNOLOGIES
█ ██ ███       WHITEPAPER       FACEBOOK       TWITTER       TELEGRAM       ANN THREAD       ███ ██ █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  [ JOIN THE PROJECT ]  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
puvanb

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 01:34:44 AM

I always talk to my friends and family and tell them to buy and hodl at least 1 bitcoin. In the beginning explaining bitcoin to anyone was tough with many hyip and scam appeared in my country. But now with the increase of bitcoin price, people are starting to look at bitcoin which makes it easier to explain to them. From "Isnt bitcoin a scam?, it has no value? How? What? where?" to "The price has gone up, can you explain to me how it works, where to get it etc?" same questions but with different tone. I find it is easier to explain to your closed circle of friends. talk about every now and then, update them with information and latest happenings. Thats what i always do.

shine1123

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 01:37:20 AM

Since I found Crypto, my life has changed for the better. Being one that cant go to sleep at a decent hour, having something that causes me to constantly be learning while finding new ways to make money and channel my creativity in the form of the website network I'm working on, not to mention my upcoming token sale, mining rig, ICO portfolio, etc, I'm just beside myself with excitement.

I've begun trying to educate my 3,500 facebook friends on what Crypto is and how to get involved. I'm working on a Udemy course to explain the ins and outs of Crypti trading, exchanges and mining and like I said I've been building a series of websites from ICO launch directory, a news site, a crypto online vendor directory and more planned for the future.

I just spent two hours over dinner with friends of my wife and I converting someone who knew nothing about Crypto to going home, setting up a Coinebase account and Wallet and now hes blowing me up with FB questions and I LOVE IT.

The more the merrier. So I ask all of you, outside of these forums, what are you doing to draw more people into the Crypto world?

I introduce bitcoin to some of my friends and motivate them to use bitcoin and i also tell them that we can earn money with bitcoin too. I also have twitter that have many followers around 5,000+ people and i always posting about crypto in my twitter. Same like you, some of my friends also asking me about bitcoin.

GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ADVERTISING EXCHANGE

Token sale: MAY 21

▄█▄      ▄█▄        
                                 █████    █████       
                        ▄██▄     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▄█▄    ▀██▀                           
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
                ▀█▀                                    
          ▄                      ▄█▄      ▄█▄        
         ▀█▀           ▄██▄    █████    █████       
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▀█▀                                    
           ▄                      ▄█▄     ▄█▄        
          ▀█▀            ▄██▄   █████   █████       
    ██            ▄█▄   ▀██▀    ▀█▀     ▀█▀        
             ▄    ▀█▀                                 
            ▀█▀                         ▄█▄           
       ██              ▄█▄   ▄██▄    █████          
                  ▄    ▀█▀   ▀██▀     ▀█▀           
                 ▀█▀                                   
            ██                   ▄██▄                 
                    ▄     ▄█▄   ▀██▀                 
                   ▀█▀    ▀█▀                          

▄█   ▄█  ▄█        ▄█████▄   ▀█▄     ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▄▄▄▄▄   ██▀   ▀██    ▀█▄  ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▀▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ████   
██   ██  ██   ██  ██▄   ▄█    ▄██▀▀██▄  
▀██████▀  ▀██████▀  ▀███████▀   ▄██▀   ▀██▄
Telegram
Facebook
ANN Thread
Youtube
LinkedIn
Twitter
Medium
Reddit
Github
xaxistech

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 01:40:00 AM

It is too difficult to educate people with crypto knowledges, most of them dont understand how it works and most of them dont believe in it.
I only tried to introduce my own family, but they didnt believe me, also my friends, they didnt believe me too.
I think that is because of everyone has been educated with paper money, and that the fact that we should not believe in the internet.
But i hope one day that changes.

▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
  ▀▀██████████████████▀▀ ▄▄
      ▀▀██████████▀▀ ▄▄████
          ▀▀█▀▀ ▄▄█████████
             ▄█████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             █████████████▀
             █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             ▀▀▀
Brickblock.io
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║

▄▄██▄
              ▄▄█▀▀  ██
          ▄▄█▀▀      █▌
      ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀    ██
 ▄▄▄█▀▀    ▄█▀     ▐█
██      ▄██▀       █▌
 ▀▀██▄███▀        ██
     ██▀▀█▄▄▄     █▌
      █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
       █▄█▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄                  ▄▄▄
█████▄             ▄██████▄
█████████▄        ████████████▄
██████████▌▄     ██████████████
██████████▌▐█  ▄█████████████▀▄█
██████████▌▐██▄▀████████████ ███
██████████▌▐████▀██████████ ████
██████████▌▐█████ ███████▀▄█████
██████████▌ ▀█████▄▀████ ███████
██████████▌   ▀▀████ ██▄████████
▀█████████▌      ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████████
   ▀▀█████▌             ▀▀██████
        ▀█▌                  ▀▀█
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
VackFromOhm

Activity: 234

It's turtles all the way down!

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 01:42:10 AM

It's really just when it comes up in conversation or they show a general interest in it. I try to not make people's ears bleed otherwise because then I feel like I'm going to piss them off and they wouldn't want to do it anyways. IF they do show interest, then I go straight into how much fun it is every day to try and look at which coins are good and their mission and the research that goes into it. I show them the communities (like this one) and play a little bit off the novelty/mysteriousness of trading digital currency. Of course then I hit home with the "You make money too" shpiel. Seems to work pretty good, I've gotten a couple traders in and we're all doing more successful than failure.
jhonbravo

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 01:44:26 AM

It is too difficult to educate people with crypto knowledges, most of them dont understand how it works and most of them dont believe in it.
I only tried to introduce my own family, but they didnt believe me, also my friends, they didnt believe me too.
I think that is because of everyone has been educated with paper money, and that the fact that we should not believe in the internet.
But i hope one day that changes.

Yup true it really difficult to understand crypto things but once you understand then like crypto go to moon it will let you to moon also
so becare full to trade crypto because it will make your beg empty in few sec

Thanks
Immorta

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 01:48:52 AM

Show them my blockfolio.... game over.

it seams like blockfolio isn't secure enough
https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@kingscrown/stop-using-blockfolio-app-its-calling-home-with-too-much-info-small-safety-tutorial
https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/6ka34x/blockfolio_crypto_portfolio_app_is_snooping_on/

█ ██ ███       WHITEPAPER       FACEBOOK       TWITTER       TELEGRAM       ANN THREAD       ███ ██ █
warwar

Activity: 798
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 02:14:51 AM

What's a blockfolio ?

If im not mistaken blockfolio is an app that will record your all altcoin that you own or you holding, sort of you can monitor all the price of your coin at once in the dashboard. But its for your monitoring the price and how much is the value of coin you are owning, you need to go to the exchanges so that you can sell it. It is very helpful app for us
Immorta

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 02:31:36 AM

You can show them great motivational documentaries

https://www.coindesk.com/six-bitcoin-documentaries-watch/
   https://blog.[blockchain dot com]/2017/02/28/4-bitcoin-documentary-must-sees/
   https://www.smartbitcoininvestments.com/bitcoin-documentary-list/

Immorta

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 02:46:06 AM

Probably best way is to find like-minded people and plan mass-information actions.
There must be a crypto-dissemination, crypto-propaganda communities and local groups.

We can fin them in the outside world and invite people on meetups.

White sugar
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 02:51:25 AM

Tell other about crypto would be the same as say I potentially have lots of money hidden in my home that could be stolen and leave little or no trace. Would put myself and others at risk. Also would attract noob and venous comments about how Bitcoin is bad, is a bubble, is for criminals, etc... Time lost with useless discussions.

Is it worth? Bitcoin already reached the big media, so who wants to know have the means;
buyingcoins

Activity: 118
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 03:13:56 AM

When they're ready to buy into crypto, you can send them a very newbie friendly set of guides to the most popular coins: https://getcrypto.info
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 03:26:34 AM

you forgot to say "why" you are doing this and also "what" you are telling them.
i assume you are just advertising altcoins and ICOs to random people as a good investment and show the rises only and tell them they can get rich overnight.
with that you are just bringing in more gullible people who are adding up to the herd of sheep.

not complaining though, i love more idiots who help the pumps and get dumped on, i am just pointing out that what you really are doing.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
asepsetiawan1990

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 05:06:04 AM

I was originally introduced by my friend about the world of crypto. Now I also start introducing my other friends to the world by showing that the world of crypto is fun and more freedom in the financial world.  Smiley
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 05:24:40 AM

The easiest way to attract people is from money, if we show the price movement from early 2017 until now, a lot of people will amazed, and then I teach them on how to earn and show them the coin I got and calculate it in Fiat, most of the people will say "if I put 100$ on January now will be more than 500$" and they regret they didn't put their money earlier

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Zionatin

Activity: 906
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 08:07:37 AM

The easiest way to attract people is from money, if we show the price movement from early 2017 until now, a lot of people will amazed, and then I teach them on how to earn and show them the coin I got and calculate it in Fiat, most of the people will say "if I put 100$ on January now will be more than 500$" and they regret they didn't put their money earlier

People are also too impatient and want everything some right now including getting profit. It just doesn't work that way. You have to be patient and think hard about what to do. Analyze the coin you buying and watch it.
Lmaooo

Activity: 694
Merit: 108

santacoin.io

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 09:08:21 AM

Tried to educate people around me about Bitcoin and cryptocurrency but they just ignore me. They think is another form of scam which includes my brothers too.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: