Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:08:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Account hacked and email changed  (Read 603 times)
ccs5tt (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 02:14:22 AM

My account ccs5t was hacked and the password was changed on aug 23. It appears to no longer be tied to my email. I really dont want this account out there. How could the email get chanced without me being notified? Can an admin just set it back to the old email. They can check IPs around the 23rd to see that it wasnt me and in fact the hacker.

HeroC
Legendary

Activity: 858
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 02:53:35 AM

Did the old account have an address you can sign a message from? That is generally how theymos handles account recoveries.
CoinLov3r

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

Truth wins inevitably.

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 04:13:45 AM

Follow this steps buddy: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0
Its the only way here to recover. I'm too the victim & waiting admins to recover my old account.I've already PMed them as they said.
superplus

Activity: 475
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 04:36:09 AM

My account ccs5t was hacked and the password was changed on aug 23. It appears to no longer be tied to my email. I really dont want this account out there. How could the email get chanced without me being notified? Can an admin just set it back to the old email. They can check IPs around the 23rd to see that it wasnt me and in fact the hacker.

what is Rank of your account ? if only Hero member down then it will not be processed by admin. My friend has nearly sent a message to Theymos and Cyrus for almost a month, wanting to return his Full Member account which has been hacked by others but never responded.
reginalkri

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 06:06:21 AM

How do you think it happened? Obviously you can't give your password, but was it a simple password, like somebody's name?

Did you leave your computer open somewhere? Perhaps it's someone you know who had access to your computer at some point.
ccs5tt (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 05:01:13 PM

what is Rank of your account ? if only Hero member down then it will not be processed by admin. My friend has nearly sent a message to Theymos and Cyrus for almost a month, wanting to return his Full Member account which has been hacked by others but never responded.

I dont have an address to sign tied to the account. The admins can clearly see my email was changed probably by some ip in eastern europe or something. Can't they just see that and reset it to the original email?
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1310

Get your game girl

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 05:09:19 PM

I dont have an address to sign tied to the account. The admins can clearly see my email was changed probably by some ip in eastern europe or something. Can't they just see that and reset it to the original email?
They can,they won't.
The only accepted way of proving account ownership is through signing messages from a staked address .About the IP tracing,resetting accounts being the least priority of the admins,they won't invest time to do all that hence signed messaged.I'm afraid you will ever get your account back if you fail to provide ownership.
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 05:10:32 PM

Accounts change hands all the time on here. In theory you could try and get an account back trying to do just as you say after selling it so unfortunately thats not going to work. the only way to do it is with a signed message. Maybe the best you can do if you cant get it back is to name the account and hope then get it negative marked. But again hard to prove that it was yours so people may be hesitant to mark it red. But if it6 has been hacked then chances are it will get sold off or used for scamming.

Good luck Sad

savioroshan

Activity: 770

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 02:02:23 PM

You will get back your account if you have staked your address in your account. By showing that you may get back your account. I have an advice to everyone in this forum. If hackers hack your account, only you are responsible for it. When you signup any form or any new website from this forum, please dont provide the same password that you have used in this forum or forum's password. Some scammers get the password and username like that and if luck supports them, they will be able to unlock your account.
sheamus10

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 03:14:27 PM

You will get back your account if you have staked your address in your account. By showing that you may get back your account. I have an advice to everyone in this forum. If hackers hack your account, only you are responsible for it. When you signup any form or any new website from this forum, please dont provide the same password that you have used in this forum or forum's password. Some scammers get the password and username like that and if luck supports them, they will be able to unlock your account.
sorry the master in question save the address to my account what is it? Because I really do not really understand.
if for a password what we need to replace it every time maybe once a week or once a month.
Please explain the master? Huh
saugorz

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 03:52:35 PM

An account by me also was hacked at the 25th of August it seems. Looks like there was a new wave during the last few days.

Unfortunately I have nothing to prove. I asked Theymos if he could just delete/freeze the account to protect my privacy. In the end, if you check said account its more than obvious that it was hacked, so there's hope I'll at least get it deleted/frozen.
yefi2

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:20:47 PM

Another victim here. My password was of sufficient complexity that they'd need the password hashes to brute force it.

Mine was a legendary account. A month you say? Damn, looks like I'm going to be out in the cold for a while...
ccs5tt (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:11:55 AM

This is ridiculous. Security logs can clearly show the person that hacked my account is not me. Why would the admins want hackers hiding behind legit accounts??
wearepoor

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:06:04 AM

They can,they won't.
The only accepted way of proving account ownership is through signing messages from a staked address .About the IP tracing,resetting accounts being the least priority of the admins,they won't invest time to do all that hence signed messaged.I'm afraid you will ever get your account back if you fail to provide ownership.

Exactly, it will be very difficult for the OP to prove the ownership of the account if he is unable to provide the signed message from the staked address. There are so many users on this forum and many of them are keep changing their email ids and passwords; so the admins can not check each and every case as they must be busy with other important work.
temp1@

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:18:32 AM

I am in the same position as you and have posted in the forums already waiting for a reply but nothing yet.

I have provided a signed messaged from an old address to prove that my account was hacked but they will not reply to me..

The hacker has started an ICO and people are starting to show interest. I warned Admin but they dont seem to care...

My Post - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2124903.0

Hacker ICO - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2110774.0

Someone please help?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: