Bitcoin Forum
June 04, 2024, 12:20:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: US Begins Regulating BitCoin  (Read 3106 times)
ChicagoBob (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 11:12:37 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2013, 04:24:38 PM by tysat

Source:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-03-21/us-begins-regulating-bitcoin-will-consider-virtual-transactions-money-laundering

MOD EDIT:
Changed link so the URL is the same as what the link shows.
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 11:23:23 AM

Dude, this is 2 months old, i.e. ancient in terms of Bitcoin history Smiley

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 11:28:07 AM

Keep yourself up-to-date with the Press Section, here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=77.0

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
ralree

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Manateeeeeeees

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 12:21:46 PM

Oh no!  I wonder if they'll shut down Mt. Gox's Dwolla account in the next couple months!  I guess we'll find out!  Cheesy

1MANaTeEZoH4YkgMYz61E5y4s9BYhAuUjG
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 12:29:06 PM

OMG Jesus is dead:

http://www.romantimes.com/03-04-0033/jesus-is-dead/
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 01:39:34 PM

Lol!  Roll Eyes
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 01:53:36 PM

These guidelines have nothing to do with Bitcoin.  Bitcoin is not mentioned once.  Bitcoin is neither "convertible" nor "virtual", nor does it "substitute for" "real" currencies.  This publication is a hoax, designed to make you think that Bitcoin is subject to regulation.  It is not.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4242
Merit: 4508

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 02:55:06 PM

the story is about banks restricting movement of FIAT. has nothing to do with restricting movement of bitcoin.

yet again bitcoin remains unaffected while governments try tightening the reigns on peoples abilities and choices involving how to spend fiat.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 02:57:27 PM

This story?  Again?

OP, please change the title of your posting to something else more accurate.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 03:02:35 PM

These guidelines have nothing to do with Bitcoin.  Bitcoin is not mentioned once.  Bitcoin is neither "convertible" nor "virtual", nor does it "substitute for" "real" currencies. 

Actually you are quite mistaken about this.  Bitcoin is CLEARLY a "value transfer system" which is HEAVILY regulated around the world.

My prediction:

1) mt gox gets shut down
2) btc_e gets shut down
3) bitstamp gets shut down
4) fastcash4bitcoins.com gets shut down
5) coingator.com gets shut down

Unless these exchanges (and all others) immediately cease and desist dealing with Americans I predict they get shut down in the next six months.  

People may end up in prison over this issue.  Even filing now as an MSB is too late.  These sites have ALL broken criminal laws within the USA.

Learn more here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200443.0

And "mark my words".

DublinBrian

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 04:08:00 PM

Quote from: ChicagoBob

Youve altered the link so that it looks like its going to the well known financial site Zerohedge.com, but your link actually goes to Zerohedges.com

You should get a scammer tag for that, IMO.
stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 04:19:01 PM

I second the scammer tag.  The altered link for "zerohedges" is a malware site.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
CanadianGuy

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 04:25:34 PM

Quote from: ChicagoBob

Youve altered the link so that it looks like its going to the well known financial site Zerohedge.com, but your link actually goes to Zerohedges.com

You should get a scammer tag for that, IMO.

Yep.   I also think any site that doesn't AT LEAST reserve the non-plural name of their domain (or vice versa) is just asking for it..
Viceroy

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 04:36:53 PM

I do not think the op is a scammer... I think it was a typo.  stop the fud please.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 04:40:57 PM

I do not think the op is a scammer... I think it was a typo.  stop the fud please.

Very unlikely, to make a link different you have to put effort in.  Odds are OP was trying to scam.

Here's how to create a legit link:
Code:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-03-21/us-begins-regulating-bitcoin-will-consider-virtual-transactions-money-laundering

Here's what OP did:
Code:
[url=http://www.zerohedges.com/news/2013-03-21/us-begins-regulating-bitcoin-will-consider-virtual-transactions-money-laundering]http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-03-21/us-begins-regulating-bitcoin-will-consider-virtual-transactions-money-laundering[/url]

Notice how inside the tags there's the scam link.
DublinBrian

Activity: 197

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 04:45:12 PM

I do not think the op is a scammer... I think it was a typo.  stop the fud please.
He copied and pasted the URL into the thread, then removed a letter "s" making the text into the address of a respected financial website. How can that be a typo? Get real.
Jace

Activity: 288
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 04:58:45 PM

Bitcoin is CLEARLY a "value transfer system" which is HEAVILY regulated around the world.
Bitcoin is not (and will not be) regulated whatsoever, by definition.

My prediction:

1) mt gox gets shut down
2) btc_e gets shut down
You forgot:

0) A fully decentralized anonymous secure global peer2peer exchange system will be realized soon, at which point the current exchanges become pretty much obsolete.

Unless these exchanges (and all others) immediately cease and desist dealing with Americans I predict they get shut down in the next six months.
Fortunately this does no longer hold with a decentralized P2P exchange infrastructure. There simply is nobody in particular to shut down, just like with Bitcoin itself Smiley

People still seem to think that America somehow rules the world, or their law applies everywhere. No sir, information rules the world, and the US (together with other goverments) are rapidly losing their grip. As much as they'd want to, there is no putting the genie back in the bottle Smiley

Feel free to send your life savings to 1JhrfA12dBMUhcgh85wYan6HL2uLQdB6z9
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 05:11:57 PM

These guidelines have nothing to do with Bitcoin.  Bitcoin is not mentioned once.  Bitcoin is neither "convertible" nor "virtual", nor does it "substitute for" "real" currencies. 

Actually you are quite mistaken about this.  Bitcoin is CLEARLY a "value transfer system" which is HEAVILY regulated around the world.

My prediction:

1) mt gox gets shut down
2) btc_e gets shut down

People may end up in prison over this issue.  Even filing now as an MSB is too late.  These sites have ALL broken criminal laws within the USA.

Learn more here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200443.0

And "mark my words".

there is a world outside of the USA. and that world has their own laws and rules. americans can travel to those countries and do legal things there (as long as they don't break the rules of their own country) so no offence, what you are saying is just bullshit

ok
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 05:14:29 PM

this thread should be moved as the title is totally inappropriate and just flat out wrong.
Viceroy

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 05:17:14 PM

there is a world outside of the USA. and that world has their own laws and rules. americans can travel to those countries and do legal things there (as long as they don't break the rules of their own country) so no offence, what you are saying is just bullshit

ACTUALLY the American banking laws are pretty similar to the Japanese banking laws and the European banking laws with regard to value transfer systems and money laundering so....

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: