Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:51:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 16kb block transaction stuck in limbo - will it ever expire?  (Read 515 times)
thisisgil (OP)

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 12:16:18 PM

I've been moving money between wallets and I tried to send a fairly large transaction out from the Android wallet. Sadly, when I get to the sending dialogue, the whole wallet seems to lag terribly, which lead me to throw a stupidly low transaction fee in by accident (literally 1 satoshi or something ridiculous like that).

So essentially, I have about 0.98btc being sent around as a 16kb block with a 1 satoshi transaction fee. I've never encountered anything like this before, and I am not sure if there is anything I can do about it. Obviously, rebuilding the blockchain of my android wallet didn't help, as from what I can see, the transaction has been transmitted, it's just not getting picked up to confirm.

Will it eventually "expire" and be returned? I notice from browsing it that the sent date keeps changing. It was originally 14th May, then became 19th May and is now showing as 22nd May. Will this loop carry on indefinitely?

If anyone can offer any insight into this, it would be much appreciated Smiley

Mother of no children. Part-time idiot. Full-time douche.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: