Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:14:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Honestis--Not quite so honest?  (Read 284 times)
StevenRA (OP)

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 10:20:33 AM

Very serious suspicion about the Honestis ICO (ironically, given it's name).

Their website, whitepaper, and other supporting material don't look like they're even bothering to market a real product, just to scam the really low-hanging fruit. Sadly it seems like they've got some.
When I posted a comment questioning the integrity of the ICO, they simply deleted the comment instead of providing any counter-evidence.

I would not put any time, effort and definitely not money into Honestis. It's a shame they're even using this forum to take people's money.
treather

Activity: 266
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:15:40 PM

Their website, whitepaper, and other supporting material don't look like they're even bothering to market a real product, just to scam the really low-hanging fruit. Sadly it seems like they've got some.
When I posted a comment questioning the integrity of the ICO, they simply deleted the comment instead of providing any counter-evidence.

I would not put any time, effort and definitely not money into Honestis. It's a shame they're even using this forum to take people's money.

I love their name. Honestis, really?? These I see O scammers are getting better and real innovative everyday. I guess you have to be, with the competition on the forum for investors money.

jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:43:03 AM

What was the question you asked? If it was a honest and serious question, there is no excuse for deleting it. If the question was similar to spam, or could be looked at a way that is spam, they may have a reason.

Seems that ico scams are quite frequent nowadays, and they usually seem to work quite well.

Seems like we need cryptodevil to investigate, he is amazing at this sort of stuff.
StevenRA (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:30:42 AM

What was the question you asked? If it was a honest and serious question, there is no excuse for deleting it. If the question was similar to spam, or could be looked at a way that is spam, they may have a reason.

Seems that ico scams are quite frequent nowadays, and they usually seem to work quite well.

Seems like we need cryptodevil to investigate, he is amazing at this sort of stuff.

Exactly. Irony. From their site  "Honestis.Network is your personal path, where you
define how it crosses other people's paths in society, providing
you with a safe journey around it and your
individuality at a pace that suits you and your needs.

Honestis.Network is a new way to communicate, trade and expose your identity. Identity which is based on your relations.
Portable Digital Identity that will bring credibility, which is in our collective interest."

Whatever that's supposed to mean. Some ICO scams at least make an effort to seem real. These guys aren't even trying.
StevenRA (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:35:17 AM

I raised concerns about how legitimate the ICO was. Naturally they deleted the comment instead of responding. Which only makes me more suspicious.
I suppose it's possible they're legitimate but woefully inept, but seems unlikely. This is the WP description of their financing:

"5.1 Finance structure
We plan to use big amount collected to spread and sell the product.
Marketing will be big part vary from 30% to 65% depends which cap will be reached."

Well then. That's it. Next section skips to 5.3 (what was 5.2?)
StevenRA (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:37:31 AM

More quotes from their website (the atrocious English is from their site):

"be reliable to gain HONEST
   Signatures Chain of Trust to support your identity by worldwide community.

Creating new  network of trust. Become owner of portable Identity which is yours and should be guarded strongly.   

be fair to gain REPUTATION
  Trade human to human gaining reputation for being theft or honest.

Every ETH ETC token acceptable to be switched.

be protected to keep PRIVACY
    HONESTISoNETWORK is to protect all your data and relations and you and your privacy.

Honest and clear communication without algorithms as middleman and hazards from machine"
jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:41:24 AM

I raised concerns about how legitimate the ICO was. Naturally they deleted the comment instead of responding. Which only makes me more suspicious.
I suppose it's possible they're legitimate but woefully inept, but seems unlikely. This is the WP description of their financing:

"5.1 Finance structure
We plan to use big amount collected to spread and sell the product.
Marketing will be big part vary from 30% to 65% depends which cap will be reached."

Well then. That's it. Next section skips to 5.3 (what was 5.2?)
Well, that's definitely a legitimate question, and it looks to me there entire scheme is poorly planned operation, from white paper to Ann thread.

The company clearly has no professional people to manage the funds and finance everything, it is probably made by someone who is looking to get some quick money fast.

That's quite ironic compared to it's name.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: