Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:03:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Tutorial  (Read 3269 times)
Swoop (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 11:50:55 AM

Hello

Does somebody know a good tutorial or site where I can learn about mining and how it works?
The pages I've found are either explaining it in a very basic way or they are getting too specific.
I have an IT background and I would really like to learn how the process exactly works.

Thanks in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
icanteven

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 01:06:41 PM

I would also be interested in this. Thanks!
rifatrony5

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 03:00:33 PM

That's very good topics for the present time.

Crypto Currency Mining Makes It Possible To Earn Money With The Computing Power Of Your PC – If You Own A Powerful Graphics Card. Especially Radeon GPUs Of The RX 470/480 And RX 570/580 Series Are Well Suited For This. The Older Radeon R9 290/290X Cards Work Fine As Well.

The Most Common Process Are Given Below:
Anyone Can Follow These Speps And May Move To Forward.
1. Buy Bitcoin Mining Rig
2. Create A Trusted Bitcoin Wallet
3. Try To Find Out Mining Pool
4. Discus With Others And Choose A Mining Program For Computer
5. Lets Start....
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 03:44:04 PM

Hello

Does somebody know a good tutorial or site where I can learn about mining and how it works?
The pages I've found are either explaining it in a very basic way or they are getting too specific.
I have an IT background and I would really like to learn how the process exactly works.

Thanks in advance.

The first thing you do is determine what you will be mining. Many current type cryptocurrencies and each type has different specifications. So you need different hardware also, if you have determined then you just choose the hardware you need. You can see the specifications in this forum and also some forums on the internet for more clear and specific information.
Chikitita2004

Activity: 560
Merit: 121

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 04:17:46 PM

Is it still worth it to mine bitcoin? Is it more profitable to mine than to participate in the campaigns in this forum?

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉ ▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌
◐ o ◑ Blockchain Can Bring The Fine Art Investment World Together ◐ o ◑
┣▇  MEDIUM  ┣▇  FACEBOOK   ┣▇  TWITTER   ┣▇  LINKEDIN   ┣▇  PINTEREST   ┣▇  INSTAGRAM
SUDARMONO

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 05:16:18 PM

Mining is a very profitable thing, we can mine bitcoin or coin coin in altcoin, we simply provide equipment or the need for mining tools such as Bitcoin Mining Rig, Create a Trusted Bitcoin Wallet, Find a good place Mining prospects, learn with Others And Select Mining Program for Computer.
Cygnify

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 07:01:27 PM

Hello

Thanks in advance.

mining alt's are going to be the only way to make a profit.

it can be profitable if you mine newer coins and hodl them until there price goes up

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▶▶▶▶ Get Your Free Tokens Now ◀◀◀◀  First PoS Smart Contract Token
    PoSToken       Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 10:48:52 PM

https://bitcoin.org/en/faq#mining
http://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/043014/what-bitcoin-mining.asp
By reading the above you'll have a very good understanding of what mining is and how it works.
The Bitcoin whitepaper also explains it, and Bitcoin, in detail: https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
posternat

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 02:31:10 PM

Hello

Thanks in advance.

Right now there's too much information to try to point you in just one source. First thing you need to learn is the different algorithms, because that let you know what you're going to be able to mine in what you can't. There's a lot of things out there that you simply can't touch with a certain set of parameters.
BitcoinsGreat

Activity: 980
Merit: 280

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 02:33:07 PM

Hello

Thanks in advance.

If you're planning on doing nothing but mining with your CPU that good luck trying to get a hold of some of these older coin. What you need to do is to start at the basics where are the algorithms, learn how have each of them is mined, and then start trying to figure out what it is you want to do.
Cryptogroup12

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 02:43:40 PM

Hi to all ,

My company is going to launch a new coin.
Join us for mining.
Best reward per block completed

Ben271286

Activity: 434

I love this Game!

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:18:31 AM

Is it still worth it to mine bitcoin? Is it more profitable to mine than to participate in the campaigns in this forum?

No its not really worth it expected you got a big antminer farm or something. If you have a GPU rig you can sell your hashpower at nicehash and you will get paid directly in btc. Or mine potential coins or coins you like.
Just look at youtube for some Video tutorials...youtube is full of that!
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:08:38 PM

https://bitcoin.org/en/faq#mining
http://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/043014/what-bitcoin-mining.asp
By reading the above you'll have a very good understanding of what mining is and how it works.
The Bitcoin whitepaper also explains it, and Bitcoin, in detail: https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Interesting info. But on the internet there are still many references that you can learn. I'm not sure that this can be learned for a few days. Understanding of mining takes time and also experience to become a professional person.
jmaresca

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

LEGIT AIRDROPS - https://airdrop.buzz

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 02:33:43 PM

Hello

Thanks in advance.

Hi Swoop. Just wanted to say welcome to the CryptoUniverse. Since you are an IT person you will have an easier time than most figuring things out. I know that when I first saw "MH/S" I was like, "what the heck is this?" Now I'm pretty well versed in crypto. Still much more to learn but I've came a long way. I know your question was about resources related to mining however I just wanted to give you a bit of encouragement. For me, I kept reading posts on this board, did a lot of Googling and watching videos on YouTube about mining. This forum and YouTube had been the biggest help for me.

BINANCE CASH BACK PROGRAM - Earn back 12% of your trading fees w/ our cash back program. https://binancecashback.com - EBATES OF CRYPTO TRADING!
Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:45:13 PM

What good mining hardware can you recommend? I plan of mining bitcoin sometime in the future.
Cormoran

Activity: 61

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:00:25 PM

Hello

Thanks in advance.

https://www.bitcoinmining.com/
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining
https://99bitcoins.com/bitcoin-mining-calculator/

Lots of other tutorial sites out there; if all of these are still too basic for you, then you may be better off going to the Technical Development forum on this site and asking whatever specific questions you still have. What part of the process is it you don't understand? I'm not too well-versed on the cryptography of it, other than knowing that the chances of brute-forcing SHA256 are billions or trillions to one, but the process of transmitting the data and creating the blockchain seems simple enough to me... which either means I understand it, or being a newbie myself, merely think I do. Tongue
Cormoran

Activity: 61

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:07:33 PM

What good mining hardware can you recommend? I plan of mining bitcoin sometime in the future.

Right now Bitmain has the Antminer S9, Antminer T9 and Antminer R4 which are relatively up-to-date and can get good efficiencies on bitcoin mining. Avalon has the A741, which is more efficient on power use but more costly up-front for the hashrate it offers. Bitfury is inaccessible to anyone who isn't already an established professional, but apparently have some good miners - as I'm not an established professional already, I haven't looked into their models too deeply. There are a few others I've heard of but haven't looked at too closely, so they may or may not be legit; the model numbers E9 and S11 spring to mind, though I can't think of the company names offhand. Fairly sure the S11 isn't released yet, but was just a teaser I read an article about, come to think of it; it was advertising a 22 TH/s hashrate and an up-front cost of about $1400, which is certainly a deal worth teasing about. Whether it actually comes out with those specs, or comes out on time at all, or is just a way to scam the gullible looking for something too good to be true, are all unknowns so far.
apvito

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 03:31:06 AM

Right now Bitmain has the Antminer S9, Antminer T9 and Antminer R4 which are relatively up-to-date and can get good efficiencies on bitcoin mining. Avalon has the A741, which is more efficient on power use but more costly up-front for the hashrate it offers. Bitfury is inaccessible to anyone who isn't already an established professional, but apparently have some good miners - as I'm not an established professional already, I haven't looked into their models too deeply. There are a few others I've heard of but haven't looked at too closely, so they may or may not be legit; the model numbers E9 and S11 spring to mind, though I can't think of the company names offhand. Fairly sure the S11 isn't released yet, but was just a teaser I read an article about, come to think of it; it was advertising a 22 TH/s hashrate and an up-front cost of about $1400, which is certainly a deal worth teasing about. Whether it actually comes out with those specs, or comes out on time at all, or is just a way to scam the gullible looking for something too good to be true, are all unknowns so far.

Which is more productive?
Buy equipment or mine in the cloud?
MattHoo

Activity: 62

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 03:45:57 AM

First thing you do is determine what you will be mining.  Bitcoin, BCC or others... Then to buy Mining Rig, get a trusted wallet, find out some pools, choose a mining program on computer.  Please remember that a powerful Graphics Card is important!!!

ICO Research:https://icohoo.com
Ben271286

Activity: 434

I love this Game!

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:29:17 AM

Which is more productive?
Buy equipment or mine in the cloud?

If you can get a good price for power then i would buy the hardware! Then you have also sth to resell. I never used cloudmining but i guess many ppl here would also advise you to buy your own stuff. Cloudmining can be tricky, if the fee gets higher or the costs for the service then your contract can get unprofitable and thats the end. So better have the hardware at home or hosted somewhere in a datacentre
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: