Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:13:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Using Paper Wallet Funds in Electrum  (Read 3850 times)
jag2k2 (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 12:54:36 PM

I'm trying to store BTC in a paper wallet and use them in Electrum.  This morning I moved 1 mbit to a paper wallet with this address:

https://blockchain.info/address/13JRnpkU3gfSMjYuQH3srVk6CLjbMbnGxa

The 1 mbit was successfully transferred along with the 0.2 mbit transfer fee.  Now I want to import that money into electrum for spending.  I go to the GUI, click on "Preferences" in the lower right, select "Import / Export" tab, and click on "Import" next to private keys.  I type in my private key and Electrum correctly determines the public address.

This is where it gets weird, my overall balance does not change.  When I go to history I see "Pruned Transaction Outputs" of NEGATIVE 1 mbit and another "(internal)" entry of negative 0.2 mbits.  The amounts make sense but I was expecting my balance to increase by 1 mbit.

It seems like Electrum is detecting something but the funds are not spendable.  Any thoughts?

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs. - Thomas Jefferson
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 12:59:41 PM

Did you restart Electrum so it could re-sync?

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Tachikoma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 01:01:10 PM

Always try to change servers in case of weird differences in balance; also you could try to enable advanced mode via settings and then check the balance for your imported address.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
jag2k2 (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 01:21:10 PM

Restarting did make a difference and the advanced mode shows the correct amount.  Thank you for the good recommendations.

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs. - Thomas Jefferson
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: