Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:12:03 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else having delays withdrawing BTC from bitstamp?  (Read 2138 times)
tabshift (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 02:03:34 PM

I initiated a withdrawal of a small amount of bitcoin (<1 BTC) from bitstamp yesterday. The transaction shows completed in their system, yet no activity has hit the blockchain. I filed a support ticket, and almost immediately got a reply that a "System Administrator" had been notified, but nearly 24 hours later, no further reply from support, and no BTC in my wallet. What is going on? 
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 06:05:44 PM

Withdrawals do lag a bit sometimes. But 24 hours seems extreme. I would continue contacting support.
tabshift (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 06:34:08 PM

I bugged them again, and I got basically the same reply, that a "system administrator" had been notified. No estimated time to resolve. In my mind, there is no acceptable reason to have a delay of this length to withdraw a small amount of BTC. This was my first time using their company after trading some XRP for BTC, and I would be very hesitant to use their service again after this experience.
mmeijeri

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Martijn Meijering

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 06:41:40 PM

I initiated a withdrawal of a small amount of bitcoin (<1 BTC) from bitstamp yesterday. The transaction shows completed in their system, yet no activity has hit the blockchain. I filed a support ticket, and almost immediately got a reply that a "System Administrator" had been notified, but nearly 24 hours later, no further reply from support, and no BTC in my wallet. What is going on?  

Same thing here. Just goes to show, gateways and exchanges have to earn their trust. Only use small amounts of money, for short periods of time.

ROI is not a verb, the term you're looking for is 'to break even'.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 12:39:05 AM

I have never had any problems, even with over 100BTC withdrawls or SEPA withdrawls for that matter. I support Bitstamp 100%.

more or less retired.
myb87

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 01:18:43 AM

i am having the same problem 8 btc missing for more than 24 hours now, opened a ticket a few hours ago no response yet.

i used them before and never had issues, not sure whats going on.
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 03:12:17 AM

Normally takes about 5 minutes to process BTC withdrawals.

Sometimes I randomly get a "Failed" withdrawal...which is annoying
mmeijeri

Martijn Meijering

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 04:57:03 AM

Does anyone who has ever withdrawn BTC want to share the address of Bitstamp's hot wallet? I'd like to know if they're having IT problems or money problems... I think having a prominently displayed BTC address on your website should be the normal thing to do.

myb87

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 05:00:30 AM

support response "We have instructed our system administrator to look into your case and resolve it accordingly."

8 bitcoins still missing Sad
uno1

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 10:13:45 AM

The same happened to me the same day but in my case I was moving almost 2 BTC. The issue is not solved yet.
old_engineer

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 04:35:17 PM

Have there ever been Bitstamp btc withdrawal delays in the past, or is this the first time this bug has appeared?
myb87

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 05:41:32 PM

i moved BTC the day before and didnt encounter any problems but the way the support are handling this making me really worried.
mmeijeri

Martijn Meijering

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 05:43:23 PM

On other threads people are reporting their withdrawals are going fine. I just managed to make a test withdrawal for 0.01 BTC and that went without a hitch. I must say the lack of timely feedback from Bitstamp's support department is very annoying.

FundsMoney

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

BTC will change the world

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 07:09:13 PM

I dk about other people here, but I did not have any problems with BTC withdrawals on Bitstamp lately...
Maybe a little delay, but that's ok.

All my withdrawals were processed in max. 20-30mins after request, but most were processed in ~5mins.

-- if you want this space, PM me --
mmeijeri

Martijn Meijering

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 07:12:22 PM

Same here, only the BTC never arrived in the block chain. The transaction history says everything went just fine, even though it clearly didn't.

tabshift (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 07:27:19 PM

48 hours later, and still no BTC. Support is giving me the run around. This is ridiculous.
uno1

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 07:51:14 PM

The same happened to me the same day but in my case I was moving almost 2 BTC. The issue is not solved yet.

My 1.8 btc were refunded an hour ago.
myb87

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:35:56 PM

they just refunded my 8 bitcoins and i did a test withdrawal of .01 and it went fine Smiley
mmeijeri

Martijn Meijering

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:50:10 PM

I also just got a refund and managed to withdraw my 1 BTC. No confirmation yet, but I did receive the transaction.

tabshift (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:57:46 PM

48 hours later, and still no BTC. Support is giving me the run around. This is ridiculous.

Update: I just got a refund and then was able to withdraw the funds. This time I received the transaction almost instantly. Hopefully this was just a temporary glitch on their part.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: