Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:36:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC and Banks  (Read 1559 times)
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:44:04 PM

I dont think any bank will invest in any digital currencies. Because no one will risk such a hugh amount by investing in cryptocurrencies. We all know its price will go up. But who can give guarentee that its price wont crash. This is cryptoworld buddy. Anything can happen. For example will you invest all your savings to buy bitcoins? Just think about it and you will get the answer for the topic in the thread.
Banks do invest in blockchain technology, so in digital currencies too. You can check the members of the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance https://entethalliance.org/members/ here, you can find several banks there. Also you can find several well known companies from the financial sector (JPMorgan, Deloitte, etc.) These companies won't buy currencies in order to wait for the prices to go up and take profit, but they want to take part in the development of the blockchain, to implement this technology into their own business, in order to get the prices of their own shares skyrocket...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:40:08 PM

I think big banks or small banks do not invest in bitcoin or alt coin.
I think it's too big a risk if the bank invests in bitcoin or alt coin.

What I know is that some banks have financial investors who trade our savings for profits and so I wouldn't be surprised if they by and trade Bitcoin too because they can easily take advantage of the volatility of Bitcoin and profit from the margins.
I think also that bank will invest in bitcoin, when they start to accept bitcoin in their system they will need to have bitcoin investment for withdrawal and deposit of some people who used bitcoin.
Agree that they will take the advantage of the volatility of bitcoin specially they can invest huge capital and make huge profit also.

You don't think they can buy bitcoins with our fiats? I think anything is possible with these banks because they can easily maneuver their ways and trade our fiat for bitcoins which they will sell at the right time to make profit .
They can do it, but I think the reason they are not doing that is because that will help bitcoin by making the price even more attractive an high so I think this is why they are trying to create their own crypto.
UCHCHILD

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:17:45 PM

I guess the answer is no, no bank uses or invested in bitcoin because for sure they already studied things about btc and it is so far fron their mission and vision and even in their rules so why they are going to involve theirselves to this industry?
BTcoint

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:23:10 PM

someday banks account will be in memory of history like what gonna remember about cash bitcoin dominating the financial worlds .

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:51:04 AM

hello,
I was wondering if major and smaller banks invested in Bitcoin or other Altcoins?
I think they did but, the question is how? and with which methods?  Huh Huh
of course any bank will never say it publicly....
someone who knows something can explaine the community?
thanks 

There's a very strict set of limitations on what a bank can and can't invest in. At the same time most of these banking corporations have a board of chairman that they have to satisfy. Even if the chairman of the board is convinced you're going to need a majority of the shareholders and a majority of the board to make that big of a change.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
winterland

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 05:48:31 AM

hello,
I was wondering if major and smaller banks invested in Bitcoin or other Altcoins?
thanks 
I think banks are interested in bitcoin but I think they are confused about what to do with it, do they support it, do they block it, I think they have not figure out what to do with bitcoin.
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1159

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 04:26:55 PM

hello,
thanks 

There's a very strict set of limitations on what a bank can and can't invest in. At the same time most of these banking corporations have a board of chairman that they have to satisfy. Even if the chairman of the board is convinced you're going to need a majority of the shareholders and a majority of the board to make that big of a change.

That is the type of thing that is going to put a lot of fear and a chairman and make him want to back off because if something goes wrong they could be his entire career. BTC done need bank and bank dont like bitcoins. Both are vice versa and do not fit with each other.  But both have their own advantages and disadvantages and i think we should get benefit of the both.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
AK47-

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 04:35:04 PM

I don't think bank have really invested in Bitcoin or supporting it in anyway. There might be exceptions but majority aren't really supportive of Bitcoin. Banks would never want Bitcoin to dominate monetary system be it of any country. Therefore, by investing and supporting it, they would do opposite. Banks after watching the popularity of cryptocurrencies are busy in creating their own cryptocurrencies maybe for reducing Bitcoin dominance.
sindikat

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 04:37:33 PM

hello,
thanks 
I think banks are interested in bitcoin but I think they are confused about what to do with it, do they support it, do they block it, I think they have not figure out what to do with bitcoin.
You underestimate the bankers. The people there are not stupid. They understand all the risks for the banking system in the case of the legalization of bitcoin. They are against it. Now the government will deal with bitcoin because it is funding from banks.
ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 05:17:33 PM

the use of bitcoin that is not banned here makes many of the banks involved in the use of bitcoin for every who use it, many of the local banks in my country started to work together with bitcoin service. the existence of one of the local bitcoin wallet sites in my country that is already trusted by all the central banks here, they work together so they can be mutually beneficial.
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:51:39 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2017, 01:20:55 PM by Rahar02

hello,
I think they did but, the question is how? and with which methods?  Huh Huh

You have found the answer, bank will never publish their investment in cryptocurrency but they do research about blockchain, trying to create their own version. But, I agree they did invest but not on behalf 'the bank' but only individual, not using bank's funds but from their own pockets because it's so risky to invest huge amount of money which is not belongs to you.
Bitcoin offer bigger interest over 400% within 8 months which banks can not give it to you, even bankers know about this, very tempting to invest in bitcoin.
bitcoinmaniac52

Activity: 532

Presale is live!

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:02:09 PM

hello,

You have find the answer, bank will never publish their investment in cryptocurrency but they do research about blockchain, trying to create their own version. But, I agree they did invest but not on behalf 'the bank' but only individual, not using bank's funds but from their own pockets because it's so risky to invest huge amount of money which is not belongs to you.
Bitcoin offer bigger interest over 400% within 8 months which banks can not give it to you, even bankers know about this, very tempting to invest in bitcoin.

My bank is invested in the blockchain but technically doesn't allow Bitcoin purchases. However, I just tell them I'm selling stocks if I need to make large deposits. Then they are accepting and let me do it, without knowing it is really Bitcoin that is being sold. Grin

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Sentacks

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:32:30 PM

BTC/Alts - probably not
Block chain tech and dev - yes, most definitely

Banks likely see BTC and alts way too volatile to invest in. Also the taxes and legalities that would be implicated (because they are extremely scrutinized by fed regulations in most countries) would cost them a lot of cash.

Block chain tech/dev however is kind of like a banking arms race. It makes sense because banks are all about security and using block chain for authentication/identity is one of the best forms of security.

Just my thoughts, thanks!

Sentacks.
LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:49:06 PM

I don't think they did. If they did then the prices would for sure be much higher than today. Banks have so much money, usually even small banks in a small country has enough money to buy tons of bitcoins that would actually make them one of the biggest whales in bitcoin. But we don't see it. No bank is investing in bitcoins I believe.
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:50:57 PM

I don't think they did. If they did then the prices would for sure be much higher than today. Banks have so much money, usually even small banks in a small country has enough money to buy tons of bitcoins that would actually make them one of the biggest whales in bitcoin. But we don't see it. No bank is investing in bitcoins I believe.

I think so too. So I agree with what you said here. Another thing to consider is that banks are always public. They will disclose these kinds of investments if they did plan to do so. Most banks are owned not buy just one person but most of the time by a lot of investors. That is why they need to disclose this kind of info if ever they did invest in it. So they cannot hide the fact that they did invest.
Ivan16

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 08:35:21 PM

I dont know that,but i know they create own currency Riplle for easy transaction,probably thay invest thay have much money to invest,why not to do that if may to earn money.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 08:40:45 PM

Looking for evidence to back it up might be something unachievable because its what exist that can be found and since they are not coming out officially to declare their position, every other source becomes unverified which is not what should be relied upon but at the same time, banks are audited, file their returns, submit reports to regulatory authorities among other things they do which I am sure they would be flagged should in case they put large amount of investors money in something so volatile only if they will be doing it without disclosing its purpose.
Adam

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 08:52:29 PM

As I can understand some banks convert their money in BTC and thus invest it

BattleTitans.io  ▼  Mobile PvP Arena of the Future  ▼  BattleTitans.io
The Most Promising ICO in October    [Join Now!]

▼  [FB]  ▬  [TW]  ▬  [TG]  ▬▬▬  [YU]  ▼
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:12:57 PM

BTC/Alts - probably not
Block chain tech and dev - yes, most definitely

Banks likely see BTC and alts way too volatile to invest in. Also the taxes and legalities that would be implicated (because they are extremely scrutinized by fed regulations in most countries) would cost them a lot of cash.

Block chain tech/dev however is kind of like a banking arms race. It makes sense because banks are all about security and using block chain for authentication/identity is one of the best forms of security.

Just my thoughts, thanks!

Sentacks.
It's defenately a race. And this race is not between bank and bank, but between bank and 3rd party financial service providers (fintech). Banks know that Fintech companies have very good ideas and have possibilities to develop and implement new blockchain based systems. If they fail (fintech companies), than there's no problem, they are not well-known brands at the beginning. But if banks starts to develop something blockchain related, implement it into their existing system, and that fails, it ruins the bank's image, brand, etc...
So they need to cooperate with successfull fintech companies, to join the blockchain world, but the game is not over yet, nobody knows what will be the final solution and agreement between them.
winterland

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:38:01 PM

I guess the answer is no, no bank uses or invested in bitcoin because for sure they already studied things about btc and it is so far fron their mission and vision and even in their rules so why they are going to involve theirselves to this industry?
Banks like any business care about profits so it makes sense that they have at least studied the possibility of investing in bitcoin and benefit from it after all who does not like easy profits, the only reason I can think for them to avoid doing that is that they do not want to help bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: