Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:27:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to start an successful ico  (Read 5665 times)
Cranidos

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:10:45 PM

I think the announcement about the ICO/pre-ICO should be publicize at least a week before the scheduled ICO/pre-ICO. This will help investors to be prepared for your ICO. They can review about the project and do some deeper research about everything. A bounty that is managed by a reputable campaign manager sometimes works. If the investor noticed that the project's bounty is managed by such campaign manager then the investor might get hooked about the project.

VTS (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Licensing & Monetizing Digital Content!

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 06:08:09 PM

I think the announcement about the ICO/pre-ICO should be publicize at least a week before the scheduled ICO/pre-ICO. This will help investors to be prepared for your ICO. They can review about the project and do some deeper research about everything. A bounty that is managed by a reputable campaign manager sometimes works. If the investor noticed that the project's bounty is managed by such campaign manager then the investor might get hooked about the project.

Thank you! I added it to the list.

VTS (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:58:13 AM

Yeah.. feels like 99% of the ico's can't, don't or won't deliver.
Why would they.. they can get a new, bigger, easier bag of money for setting up the next ico and doing it all over again.

Sadly, still many of them get funded by the crowed falling in marketing, pr and dubious recommendations...

VTS (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 12:17:46 PM

Make sure you have a well written business plan alongside a pitch deck that will define your business and revenue model. Most whitepapers I've seen only detail on the technical side and ICOs of the projects. And it's so unfortunate that most ICO investors don't care about what the company business model is, they wanna start trading their token and watching 10x or 100x. Period.

So you actually don't care about the technical part as long as the numbers in the business plan do look good to you?

13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 12:29:05 PM

To answer the title in a simple way, you just put up everything you have to offer with your token and that is what would attract investors to contribute in your ICO. The investors who look into your project and find potential in it are the ones who would make the ICO successful.
Other than this, be sure to use an escrow at the time of the ICO so the investors are sure they're not putting their money in a runaway scam.
VTS (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:25:35 PM

To answer the title in a simple way, you just put up everything you have to offer with your token and that is what would attract investors to contribute in your ICO. The investors who look into your project and find potential in it are the ones who would make the ICO successful.
Other than this, be sure to use an escrow at the time of the ICO so the investors are sure they're not putting their money in a runaway scam.

Thank you for contributing!

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1426

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:30:38 PM

If you need a little advise and some guidance, I suggest you reach out to the people of Cofound.it:  https://cofound.it

Maybe they can help you depending on how good they think your team is.  If you pass thru their selection process and training, it would surely help in making your project more successful.  Good luck.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
VTS (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 02:06:18 PM

If you need a little advise and some guidance, I suggest you reach out to the people of Cofound.it:  https://cofound.it

Maybe they can help you depending on how good they think your team is.  If you pass thru their selection process and training, it would surely help in making your project more successful.  Good luck.

Thank you for suggesting cofound.it, ofc we know about it, but unfortunately our way is a different one!

saffa

Activity: 147

Good Promotion

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 02:24:12 PM

Hello!

I would be interested in stories about ico's that didn't work out. (Maybe the project it self had great potential)

What are the main reasons why an ico can become unsuccessful?

On what ico startups need to watch out before they go live?

The theory about ico's is perfectly clear to me, but like with everything in life, theory is one thing and real experience the other. I do believe that failures are a very good sources to learn from. My personal experience is that in many cases people do learn more from failure examples than from success examples.

I ask for unsuccessful ico stories because my company will soon launch an ico for our 2 projects: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2129844.msg21279456#msg21279456 and I would like to avoid "mistakes" that could possible turn out to be unsucessful.

>>> ICO starting tips:
(*List made by community members)

- Be aware before creating an ico, with the only intention to fund another shittcoin, you lower common peoples trust in crypto and you damage the hole ecosystem!
- Make sure your website is secure, i.e don't get 'hacked'
- Make sure your ETH or BTC address doesn't change on your homepage
- You should have a good design
- Detailed whitepaper
- List of team members with their previous projects and social profiles
- If you distribute tokens through web or client software, make sure that those products are rock solid and secured against possible threats
- You should recruit some people who have been popular in this forum for your ICO team
- You must have a fund for first development
- Create a detailed roadmap too, and don't delay it
- Always provide a working and secure product
- Do not focus only on getting fund
- Keep in touch with the investors even you were busy you should provide an announcement of progress. In the ICO Thread and in social medias.
- Choose the right time, because there's a lot of ICO going on every day, is it because of competition
- Ad a pitch deck that will define your business and revenue model to the white paper
- Give details about possible profit
- It will be very interesting for investors if you can show documents or some evidence that your coin will be listed on major exchange immediately after the ICO finish
- Make benchmark analyses of other ico's
- Inform yourself about legal situation (i.e. US citizens regulation)
- Determine the total supply of coins (initial / final) and then stick to it. Don't change the supply in future.
- Inform about pre-mining or any funds reserved by the development team / company
- The coin should have a successful coin exchanger registration
- If you need pre-ico investment offer at least 1 investment security method like escrow + muli-sign
- Make a clear statement what will happen to the collected funds if the ico does not succeed. Refund? Keep the funds?
- List all your projects that you have delivered previously, if any.
- Announcement about the ICO/pre-ICO should be publicize at least a week before the scheduled ICO/pre-ICO

Tools and services to use for starting an ico:

-

seems to have a team of experts in the field as needed.
I will follow this thread to get a valuable lesson
VTS (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 04:08:20 PM

Much appreciated! Thank you!

konco_kenthel

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 03:04:52 AM

just hope that after a lot of problems about ico that sometimes not until the end has stopped can make the investors will be more considering the small things that become obstacles can be immediately fixed and make the participants do not become disappointed with the performance of a project.

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1426

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 03:10:56 AM

If you need a little advise and some guidance, I suggest you reach out to the people of Cofound.it:  https://cofound.it

Maybe they can help you depending on how good they think your team is.  If you pass thru their selection process and training, it would surely help in making your project more successful.  Good luck.

Thank you for suggesting cofound.it, ofc we know about it, but unfortunately our way is a different one!

Well yeah, if you don't think your team won't make the selection process then I guess it's ok to skip working with Cofound.it and do it on your own.  But working with them does give an ICO project some sort of legitimacy tho.  I mean I know they're not an authority by any means but they're at least better than the ICO's that cropped up out of nowhere.

Why don't you try going thru their selection process?  You'll never know until you try.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
VTS (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 04:43:12 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2017, 05:04:50 AM by VTS

If you need a little advise and some guidance, I suggest you reach out to the people of Cofound.it:  https://cofound.it

Maybe they can help you depending on how good they think your team is.  If you pass thru their selection process and training, it would surely help in making your project more successful.  Good luck.

Well yeah, if you don't think your team won't make the selection process then I guess it's ok to skip working with Cofound.it and do it on your own.  But working with them does give an ICO project some sort of legitimacy tho.  I mean I know they're not an authority by any means but they're at least better than the ICO's that cropped up out of nowhere.

Why don't you try going thru their selection process?  You'll never know until you try.

Again Thank you for suggesting their service!

I would appreciate if you would stop trying to make it look like that our team is afraid or not professional and highly skilled and that our ico we are going to make might not be good because we do not use their service! I could assume, you promoting their service on the cost of our reputation. Cofoundit is a 3rd party service provider and we will not use it.

Other, you can visit this thread where we discuss possible solutions to give an extra trust factor to icos... "A community driven audit service" https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2135456.40

VTS (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:38:39 PM

Will add to the list:

- Compile with local laws / if any (China example)

vvadym

Activity: 282

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:41:40 AM

To start an successful ICO company has to have a strong white-paper. Strong white-paper – strong investors. The goals and the protection of investors’ interests are the three topics which tend to interest the audience the most. They have to be clearly determined and articulated to the audience before the launch of an ICO.
Solve.Care

Activity: 92

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:42:10 AM

You definitely need to have a clear understanding of what your project is and why people would want to back it up. All your project’s plans, concepts, risks, solutions and summaries need to have a detailed explanation in your white paper. Investors have to believe in your idea and it’s only possible when they understand the details of the business and benefit backers can get from their contribution.

Solve.Care ■ Healthcare on Blockchain ■ Solve.Care
Cacaparg

Activity: 835
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:49:20 AM

I think one of the most important things of ICO is  marketing and plan of your ICO. The idea of project can be brilliant  but you prepare weak presentation or your website is not attractive  dont  rely on big investments.

Pay more atantion on small details and prepare mobey for marketing activities.
raymart0720

Activity: 322
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:01:41 AM

good and reliable plan for people
money to start ICO
hardworkers who mentain the campaign or what ever you wil do activities
make sure your not a SCAM of course
be active to satisfy the worker.. good boss to the worker means good quality of work
thats it.. success will follow Wink
VTS (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 03:23:44 PM

good and reliable plan for people
money to start ICO
hardworkers who mentain the campaign or what ever you wil do activities
make sure your not a SCAM of course
be active to satisfy the worker.. good boss to the worker means good quality of work
thats it.. success will follow Wink

Ya you need definitely a good team including your so called "handworkers" for promotions and other activities... I m thinking to add that to the list

vtos marketing

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:14:14 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2018, 06:29:07 PM by vtos marketing

not only show the white paper and the marketing,  try to get some test of the service before launching so the investors got a real idea of what the ico will do in the real world.

teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8F1E__jnfc

Regards.

edgardo aguirre
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: