Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:12:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to start an successful ico  (Read 5663 times)
VTS (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Licensing & Monetizing Digital Content!

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 04:56:58 AM

not only show the white paper and the marketing,  try to get some test of the service before launching so the investors got a real idea of what the ico will do in the real world.

teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8F1E__jnfc

Regards.

edgardo aguirre
VTOS CTO

It is a plus to have a service already running, but unfortunately this depends on the project. Many complex and time intensive projects are not able to work 1 - 2 years upfront fund everything out of own pocket to provide a functional solution and sometimes its also not very smart to give too much info to avoiding ideas or technologies to be stolen. Sometimes Its not that easy, tho.

That said, you need to divide between "easy" and "complex" projects. Like, is it a clone of something with small changes, something actually simple or something totally unique and complex. Unfortunately this opens the doors for scams, pretending something unique just make a complex whitepaper but at the end many of them just want to get an alt coin running, be traded and many times there is no real value behind the coin and never will be.

It can be said that it is understandable that "real" & "honest" complex projects (but not to be generalized) needs upfront funds and time to be established.

But it has a bitter taste of course and investors needs to think twice.

Many coins today get released in 3 - 4 weeks. Post white paper, create the coin, promote and run ico (what is probably the most time intensive and expensive thing in such projects) and list it on creepy exchanges.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FrankNoland
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:02:55 AM

In order for you to start a successful ICO and I would recommend that you have enough start up funds so that you can be able pay all the marketing expenses. Marketing is an essential tool for new projects launching their ICOs. You should enough funds to run/pay marketing campaigns such as bounty campaigns, banner advertising, ICO listings etc. Make sure that your project is transparent so that potential investors don't end up having doubts, bring your team members forward so that the public can see/read. Be sure to hire a professional graphic and web designer to ensure that your website and graphics are properly designed and looks appealing. These are some of the basics that in my opinion might make your ICO successful.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
Kidmat

Activity: 774
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:12:52 AM

Above lists are very helpful for those who wanted to invest in ICO's. Also, this is good to have a marketing strategy to attract more investors these would help a lot to become successful project. And ofcourse the quality of the project is must in order to become successful. Because there are many things to consider once the project would start.
pendekar cinta

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:05:47 AM

I will try to follow this program but will observe the development of information in advance for all while learning so that later can become a success after often reading in this forum and expect there to be a greater income than to follow the other ico that is uncertain.

VTS (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:25:19 PM

I will try to follow this program but will observe the development of information in advance for all while learning so that later can become a success after often reading in this forum and expect there to be a greater income than to follow the other ico that is uncertain.

^^^^ Reading this forum is the base on which you will build up your knowledge about iocs and how its working.

VTS (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 09:23:18 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2017, 01:34:53 PM by VTS

Above lists are very helpful for those who wanted to invest in ICO's. Also, this is good to have a marketing strategy to attract more investors these would help a lot to become successful project. And ofcourse the quality of the project is must in order to become successful. Because there are many things to consider once the project would start.

You definitely need a good marketing strategy and a quality project!

VTS (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 07:06:08 AM

Add:

- Prepare agreements to list the coin at exchanges and communicate any listing done

Temmy007

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 07:10:34 AM

Nice write-up, it detailed information on how to start an ico
VTS (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:54:05 AM

Nice write-up, it detailed information on how to start an ico

Thank you!

Nutt

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:20:40 AM

Thank you so much.

I will apply to use it as the criteria to decide which ico is doing well.

This may be the method to analyze ico. Smiley
oreits11

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 03:40:24 PM

- Be aware before creating an ico, with the only intention to fund another shittcoin, you lower common peoples trust in crypto and you damage the hole ecosystem!
- Make sure your website is secure, i.e don't get 'hacked'
- Make sure your ETH or BTC address doesn't change on your homepage
- You should have a good design
- Detailed whitepaper

the beginning phase as the early preparation terms as developer to work with the customs as delivering message with the naratives as explaining details

to reach of attention from public audience,

and gains with the following to defines as applying the extent as expending the higher parts on distribution of resource with the manage of schemes

with the ico projects by the crypto finance.

VTS (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 07:40:13 AM

Thank you so much.

I will apply to use it as the criteria to decide which ico is doing well.

This may be the method to analyze ico. Smiley

Sure can be use for investors as well! Good luck by your research!

VTS (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:22:30 AM

- Be aware before creating an ico, with the only intention to fund another shittcoin, you lower common peoples trust in crypto and you damage the hole ecosystem!
- Make sure your website is secure, i.e don't get 'hacked'
- Make sure your ETH or BTC address doesn't change on your homepage
- You should have a good design
- Detailed whitepaper

the beginning phase as the early preparation terms as developer to work with the customs as delivering message with the naratives as explaining details

to reach of attention from public audience,

and gains with the following to defines as applying the extent as expending the higher parts on distribution of resource with the manage of schemes

with the ico projects by the crypto finance.

Thank you for pointing that out to us!

Broly46

Activity: 1554
Merit: 115

0xe25ce19226C3CE65204570dB8D6c6DB1E9Df74AC

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:37:40 AM

I always treat ico as a trap that is use to hunt for animals.
In crypto it is a trap to hunt for investors.
A nicely polished ico can lure more investor into its trap.
Making a good trap is the key for any successful ico.
Also investor are getting clever, ico founder need to make better trap so that more people will fall for it.

Grin

And I believe good salesperson make a better trap compare to ordinary nerds.
To make it work, they need strong marketing team.

Self hating nerd that want to escape from reality into the cyberpunk.
sinduarianto

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:37:58 AM

first read the ico white paper first. understand the ico destination and see the people who are the developers of the ico.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:45:32 AM

Since we are talking about a multi million dollar project, investors needs to know who are the players or people working in the project, from top to bottom. If its possible to share their active social media accounts like Linkedin account that is not created a few months when the project was announced that would be great, it adds transparency to the project. I invest money in real life projects and first thing that I look at are the people behind it, are they real people? Are they knowledgeable about the project that they launched? Is the project feasible?
Broly46

Activity: 1554
Merit: 115

0xe25ce19226C3CE65204570dB8D6c6DB1E9Df74AC

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:12:34 AM

I had always wonder how some people can make a YouTube channel and get a lot of subscribers and likes.
i think it is all about supply and demand.
Don't you think so?

Self hating nerd that want to escape from reality into the cyberpunk.
VTS (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 06:39:19 PM

I had always wonder how some people can make a YouTube channel and get a lot of subscribers and likes.
i think it is all about supply and demand.
Don't you think so?

Well most of them buy subscribers at start to get things rolling and ofc no1 gets mass of subscribers over night. Many huge channels are many years old...

VTS (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 05:55:50 PM

Since we are talking about a multi million dollar project, investors needs to know who are the players or people working in the project, from top to bottom. If its possible to share their active social media accounts like Linkedin account that is not created a few months when the project was announced that would be great, it adds transparency to the project. I invest money in real life projects and first thing that I look at are the people behind it, are they real people? Are they knowledgeable about the project that they launched? Is the project feasible?

Agree with you! The people are the bread and butter of any project. You can have the best idea, develop the best technology, but without the right people most of the time nothing will grow of the seed.

VTS (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:02:36 AM

I always treat ico as a trap that is use to hunt for animals.
In crypto it is a trap to hunt for investors.
A nicely polished ico can lure more investor into its trap.
Making a good trap is the key for any successful ico.
Also investor are getting clever, ico founder need to make better trap so that more people will fall for it.

Grin

And I believe good salesperson make a better trap compare to ordinary nerds.
To make it work, they need strong marketing team.

this is how most of icos get successful... I wouldn't call it trap tho that has some bitter taste.. I would say give a bite, give something positive and interesting to get attention!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: