Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:52:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Legal Question Regarding ICO's For US Citizens  (Read 477 times)
kriptokrayt (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:40:49 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2017, 02:25:33 AM by kriptokrayt

As we know most ICO's prohibit US citizens from participating, and the way they verify that is by making sure the participant's IP address is not from the US as well as having the participant send picture of their passport, well what if my friend is a dual citizen of United States AND Iran? Could she just send a photo of my Iranian passport and that will suffice?

and if that suffices, is there a chance that the SEC will see that she has both American and Iranian passports and that she used the Iranian passport instead of American passport in order to have participated in the ICO?

And will that be a cause for trouble down the road? Or is she protected by the fact that she is a dual citizen of US and Iran and she strategically decided to submit a picture of one of her passports that so happens to permit participation in said ICO?

Thanks to everyone for taking the time!

cheers
kriptokrayt (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 03:12:52 AM

Any insights??
Westfiled

Activity: 271
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:09:03 AM

As we know most ICO's prohibit US citizens from participating, and the way they verify that is by making sure the participant's IP address is not from the US as well as having the participant send picture of their passport, well what if my friend is a dual citizen of United States AND Iran? Could she just send a photo of my Iranian passport and that will suffice?

and if that suffices, is there a chance that the SEC will see that she has both American and Iranian passports and that she used the Iranian passport instead of American passport in order to have participated in the ICO?

And will that be a cause for trouble down the road? Or is she protected by the fact that she is a dual citizen of US and Iran and she strategically decided to submit a picture of one of her passports that so happens to permit participation in said ICO?

cheers
There is an answer for your friend, take a risk with participate in the ico through use the iranian passport or just stay away from the ico due to the dual citizen, the result depend on your decision because there is a chance for your friend to ignore the sec warn. If your friend live in US and stay away from ico.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Tipstar

Activity: 1820
Merit: 298

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:23:13 AM

USA is one of the largest oppressor of human rights. (Everyone knows that)
But the mother of silicon valley have a lot of ways around. (In and around laws)
At your own risk.

gredisgold88

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:43:07 AM

cheers
this is only a regulation so that ICO is not followed by US citizens, because US law prohibits the use of Bitcoin & Cryptocurrency, if there is a case like this means one person from US,  not Dev Ico . and if brought to the realm of law, it is a person's fault.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: