Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:23:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What will bitcoin do in market crash 3.0?  (Read 500 times)
moonstruck (OP)

Activity: 125
Merit: 35

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:49:22 AM

The trading market is moving like no crisis ever happened, many are convinced we are overdue for a global financial crash 3.0.
In such an event, will people move towards BTC like they run to gold and silver in such times? Or will bitcoin suffer as well?

You can see the ~8year bull bear cycle in the SP500 index, all it needs now is a trigger to turn the trend around.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:55:00 AM

By first look at the image its indicates that crash will definitely come, however question is what will be effected by this crash. Will only fiat suffer or it will go global and effect everything from gold to oil. This happened in the past and for that reason people are in dilemma what to do and in what to invest. Will this influence bitcoin its for me hard topic to say. For my perspective think that it wont be effect at least not that much ok it might go down but bottom line for support think it will be around 3000-3200 $ per bitcoin.

So if crash comes price might go to this line.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

moonstruck (OP)

Activity: 125
Merit: 35

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:13:41 AM

It might be a good idea to add gold to any portfolio for when a crash would occur. It has been a safe haven in the last financial crisis so even for that reason alone people might be looking to move money to gold and silver again which will make it go up (somewhat of a self-fulfilling prophecy).

In any case the biggest losses will be made hodling fiat.

For my perspective think that it wont be effect at least not that much ok it might go down but bottom line for support think it will be around 3000-3200 $ per bitcoin.

A long term bear trend in BTC/crypto's would easily push BTC sub $2500 imho, we were sub $2000 just a couple of weeks ago.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:29:50 AM

It might be a good idea to add gold to any portfolio for when a crash would occur. It has been a safe haven in the last financial crisis so even for that reason alone people might be looking to move money to gold and silver again which will make it go up (somewhat of a self-fulfilling prophecy).

In any case the biggest losses will be made hodling fiat.

For my perspective think that it wont be effect at least not that much ok it might go down but bottom line for support think it will be around 3000-3200 $ per bitcoin.

A long term bear trend in BTC/crypto's would easily push BTC sub $2500 imho, we were sub $2000 just a couple of weeks ago.

Of course it is really good and to hold and hedge gold/silver and include it in our portfolio which have been a practice of people who are really preparing in an event of financial crisis. But casuals like me can't, so I have no choice but to hold fiat and crypto's in general.

For me if a crash comes a long, it would be around $3000 lowest point. I agree we were sub $2000 a few months ago, but it has risen dramatically in the last couple of months pushing to where we at right now. We can't really predict when its gonna happen, but the best thing to do is be ready for this 'self-fulfilling' prophecy.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:31:32 AM

The trading market is moving like no crisis ever happened, many are convinced we are overdue for a global financial crash 3.0.
In such an event, will people move towards BTC like they run to gold and silver in such times? Or will bitcoin suffer as well?

You can see the ~8year bull bear cycle in the SP500 index, all it needs now is a trigger to turn the trend around.
I dont think that people will move towards btc, it might suffer as well since people doesnt trust btc yet. Bitcoin will also suffer in the crash as well in case something like this happens at the time when most of the people doesnt trust bitcoin yet. If this expected crash happened at the point where bitcoin's reputation is getting better, people might move towards btc like how they run to gold and silver in such times. The chance of the latter happening is less though, people might run into gold and silver again.
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 09:55:00 AM

It is hard to tell. Many people may remember the friend who told them about Bitcoin and seek refuge in it. The ones that are already into BTC will hold it or buy more most likely. But many can also sell to get cash in the crisis...

Depends on too many factors.

zabisux

Activity: 401
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:19:34 AM

I think people jump into bitcoin in right before global market crash in emergency. That will pump price to very high levels like $10k $20k even. But after crash people will return to cash and stocks so bitcoin will go down.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 11:17:02 AM

I think people jump into bitcoin in right before global market crash in emergency. That will pump price to very high levels like $10k $20k even. But after crash people will return to cash and stocks so bitcoin will go down.

As I noticed there is no permanent crash is been taken part in bitcoin without 2013's dump. If there is crash take part you please take the situation and buy the bitcoin as much you can first. Whenever there is adoption or updation on bitcoin or blockchain related works you will get the next peak value in the price chart.
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 11:27:18 AM

As I noticed there is no permanent crash is been taken part in bitcoin without 2013's dump. If there is crash take part you please take the situation and buy the bitcoin as much you can first. Whenever there is adoption or updation on bitcoin or blockchain related works you will get the next peak value in the price chart.
Yuhee

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 11:53:13 AM

Oh so i guess it was 2013 that started this hype on btc. Because i started btc in 2015 and so far i have not seen i big issue on btc dumps. There may have been dump but it is not beyond a crash. I guess im gonna have to agree that it would become a gold where it could be a lifetime mining business. Gold has existed for a long time and it is still in demand today. I could see btc is in the same path but with different versions over the years.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:31:36 PM

Probably nothing.

The market is dominated by pension funds and other big mutual funds, and because they are regulated, there are very few investments they can go into. If stocks crash, they will go into bonds. They won't go into bitcoin till there is a bitcoin etf approved.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:41:33 PM

Crypto will get battered too. It's not a safe haven. It's an extreme speculation. When you can't afford to feed your dog, your wayward bets are the first thing to be liquidated.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 01:03:08 PM

For me, crypto in general would be worthless in situation when there is a market crash as you have describe. It really the precious metals like gold and silver that will be heavily bought and hedge. History tells us that this is the case. Even in cases like war gold is the better option. Well we haven't seen 3.0 yet and we can all speculate as much as we want. But basing on history, gold is the safe bet not crypto's.

Crypto will get battered too. It's not a safe haven. It's an extreme speculation. When you can't afford to feed your dog, your wayward bets are the first thing to be liquidated.

The mere fact that crypto is purely speculate makes me think that is not really a safe haven. This is where gold literally 'outshines' bitcoin. So we should stop comparing the two.
Hamphser

Activity: 2464
Merit: 325

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 01:11:54 PM

Talking about crash,. Bitcoin doesnt have an exception because possibilities would be always there but talking about people would go switch to bitcoin fully and leaving those stocks then its hard to think off for that thing to happen and also we cant compare a fast pacing chart movement or activity on cryptoworld to a stock chart. Seeing on the chart it is somehow obvious that there would be a crash anytime on its price.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████