Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:08:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can any cryptocurrency overhaul Bitcoin's value in future?  (Read 1683 times)
sanjeevtalks (OP)

Activity: 222
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 12:44:43 AM

Well currently, the market cap of Ethereum is half that of Bitcoin:

https://coinmarketcap.com/

It just needs bitcoin's price to drop back to say $3000 and Ether's price to move to $500 for the "flippening" to happen.

That sounds far fetched right now. But things change fast.

Any other Altcoin on the horizon that you think may shake up BTC?
Butchick

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:37:22 AM

Having an altcoin to overcome bitcoin's Greatness, its value, and maybe its technology, is not an impossible site. It may seem as if nothing can surpass bitcoin. Bitcoin's value as of the moment is overwhelmingly high and being the first crypto currency to be established is one factor that made it valuable as it is today. However, a small possibility of an altcoin to rise and be able to surpass its market value is right around the corner. although, this will not happen overtime and a lot of effort and time and finances will have to be given for an altcoin to surpass Btc. Not an easy challenge indeed.

torshe

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 03:01:43 AM

Honestly no one can predict the future so who knows at the end of the day. lol
sanjeevtalks (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 04:42:52 AM

So can we spot a few altcoins which could dethrone bitcoin?

Etereum is easily one contender. Any others??
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:00:35 AM

Its not impossible, many things can happen in future. I can't even guess which coin that can be, ETH like first behind bitcoin in price and popularity, or some new altcoin? There is many other altcoins, can any of this altcoins overhaul bitcoin value is really hard to guess. Who knows answer on this question have a chance to buy now and become very rich later. It will not be easy task for that altcoin, btc already cost a lot and predictions are more then optimistic, altcoin that can overcome bitcoin will need to have better code and very active devs and community. Is there altcoin that have forum like this one where we can earn with commenting, and then spent that altcoin on many other things?

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
sanjeevtalks (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 05:52:47 AM

Its not impossible, many things can happen in future. I can't even guess which coin that can be, ETH like first behind bitcoin in price and popularity, or some new altcoin? There is many other altcoins, can any of this altcoins overhaul bitcoin value is really hard to guess. Who knows answer on this question have a chance to buy now and become very rich later. It will not be easy task for that altcoin, btc already cost a lot and predictions are more then optimistic, altcoin that can overcome bitcoin will need to have better code and very active devs and community. Is there altcoin that have forum like this one where we can earn with commenting, and then spent that altcoin on many other things?

Yes it will take no less than a breakthrough to achieve that feat.

This forum is awesome. Great Marketing strategy  Grin
fedoralite

Activity: 548
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:57:56 AM

Yes it will take no less than a breakthrough to achieve that feat.

This forum is awesome. Great Marketing strategy  Grin

Indeed this furom is one of the greatest support since it can market the bitcoin silently and I really can say that other alts where earn some big sweats to defeat bitcoins for this times but if bill gates and the other richest man in the world will create there crypto currency and market it I think that one could defeat bitcoins but this one will not happen.
r0bb0

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:47:30 AM

It just needs bitcoin's price to drop back to say $3000 and Ether's price to move to $500 for the "flippening" to happen.

Any other Altcoin on the horizon that you think may shake up BTC?

Dogecoin looking good
frchowe214

Activity: 402

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:03:47 AM

Ether has very much potential to achieve higher overall trading volume and can definitely compete to Bitcoin.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▇  GLX  ▇▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Medium  ♦️  Facebook  ♦️  Telegram ◄ ▬▬▬▬ Class A Common Equity Token  ▬▬▬▬  ▶ Twitter  ♦️  Offering memorandum  ♦️  GitHub
STO ▶ March 15 2019 - May 14 2019
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:12:04 AM

Not really. Ethereum already has about 100,000 more transactions every day than bitcoin does. Not to mention the mushrooming on contracts built on top of the ethereum platform. The flippening is a real possibility.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
coinfoundry

Activity: 292
Merit: 100

Miningcore

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 07:13:25 AM

Ether has very much potential to achieve higher overall trading volume and can definitely compete to Bitcoin.

Compete yes, surpass it? I seriously doubt it, but time will tell. Keep in mind there's so much mainstream-media coverage about Bitcoin compared to the occasional bits and pieces about alt coins. People unfamiliar with the world of crypto will always stick with the most popular coin.

Miningcore.pro - Stress-Free, Reliable Crypto Mining. Period.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:14:34 AM

It is very possible for another cryptocurrency to over take bitcoin in price before 2025 and maybe those currency has not been developed yet. There is a great opportunity out there that has not be tap in on cryptocurrency. I have fore see that time is coming when bitcoin will be rejected by governments and it will remain decentralized and governments of nations will develop their own coin using blockchain technology and create a good value for it that will over take bitcoin in price and market capitalization.
sanjeevtalks (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 07:46:43 AM

Not really. Ethereum already has about 100,000 more transactions every day than bitcoin does. Not to mention the mushrooming on contracts built on top of the ethereum platform. The flippening is a real possibility.
Alyssa would you bet on any other Altcoin apart from Ethereum to challenge Bitcoin in the long run?
r0bb0

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:51:12 AM

Compete yes, surpass it? I seriously doubt it, but time will tell. Keep in mind there's so much mainstream-media coverage about Bitcoin compared to the occasional bits and pieces about alt coins. People unfamiliar with the world of crypto will always stick with the most popular coin.

Imo Ether will surpass Bitcoin by Easter. More tech is being built on it, its better tech itself and micro-transactions are possible.
sanjeevtalks (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 07:56:56 AM

It is very possible for another cryptocurrency to over take bitcoin in price before 2025 and maybe those currency has not been developed yet. There is a great opportunity out there that has not be tap in on cryptocurrency. I have fore see that time is coming when bitcoin will be rejected by governments and it will remain decentralized and governments of nations will develop their own coin using blockchain technology and create a good value for it that will over take bitcoin in price and market capitalization.
So wouldn't that drive the value of Bitcoin down?
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:17:57 AM

I don't know about Ethereum...
Pretty big blockchain, very hard to sync, I always got to a grinding halt when I tried it, more then 10 times. Bitcon always sync up, did it like 2 times, with a 100% success rate.
It is also too centralized and their developers like to make very big and controversial changes, that shouldn't work on Bitcoin. Segwit is such a obvious and small change and it is soft fork compared to a hard fork that Ethereum did only to rewrite the valid transactions in blockchain (the DAO fork). Also the PoS system they will implement is pretty untested compared to PoW Bitcoin has. Had more bugs in the clients as well (mostly syncing bugs), when I used it. Not so fluid for use like Bitcoin Core.
The adoption is pretty big on Bitcoin as well, that is hard to battle.
I think that they focused on features to much and not on security and stability. It is great for development, maybe, but currency is a lot better stable,certain and secure.
I mean good luck, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1055
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:23:17 AM

Of course many of them would.
Because with time every technology advances.
Bitcoin sure would be obsolete one day being replaced by better blockchain technology.

sanjeevtalks (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 12:11:15 PM

Pretty big blockchain, very hard to sync, I always got to a grinding halt when I tried it, more then 10 times. Bitcon always sync up, did it like 2 times, with a 100% success rate.
It is also too centralized and their developers like to make very big and controversial changes, that shouldn't work on Bitcoin. Segwit is such a obvious and small change and it is soft fork compared to a hard fork that Ethereum did only to rewrite the valid transactions in blockchain (the DAO fork). Also the PoS system they will implement is pretty untested compared to PoW Bitcoin has. Had more bugs in the clients as well (mostly syncing bugs), when I used it. Not so fluid for use like Bitcoin Core.
I think that they focused on features to much and not on security and stability. It is great for development, maybe, but currency is a lot better stable,certain and secure.
You make interesting observations. Which leads me to believe that it is doable. A better tech down the line might spring up 3-4 altcoins giving bitcoin a run for its money. Every Monopoly gets beaten someday.
wbulot

Activity: 101

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:38:50 PM

All cases are possible in the following years.
Everything will depend on how Bitcoin will scale in the future. I'm a bit scared for now because Bitcoin is clearly the worst crypto existing in the top 50.
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 03:06:42 PM

You make interesting observations. Which leads me to believe that it is doable. A better tech down the line might spring up 3-4 altcoins giving bitcoin a run for its money. Every Monopoly gets beaten someday.
I don't know how you got to that conclusion Cheesy I literally just bashed Ethereum on how it is inferior as a currency in every way. I hope you didn't confuse and thought I was talking other way around. I meant that Ethereum is too centralized, too big of a blockchain, too buggy and doing controversial changes like the DAO fork. But if you understood correctly and still reached the same conclusion, then good. As I said, good luck with that Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: