Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 09:32:39 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need to be educated on this -- my miners are lost their ways  (Read 481 times)
ryantc (OP)

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

Bitcoin may be the TCP/IP of money.

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 07:05:53 PM

To all tech-savvys, I need some education on this issue.

my knowledge of crypto-currencies only limited to the pint that I can build up some mining rigs and make them work.
and make switch between mining different coins to maximize profits.

that said, I started to mine PWC last night with a well sync wallet.
the wallet I use started to show "out of sync" after I found my first block, and after that it's really on and off like this.
my first thought was maybe there were too little nodes, so I searched and added more nodes
and I also saw blocks keep coming Cheesy, and get confirmed, happy mining? nop

went to bed and dream I have pwc all over my apartment, and yeah getting rich Cheesy

woke up this morning and made some transfer to the exchange, after I saw hundreds of confirmation in my own wallet but nothing on the exchange, I feel wired and check the wallet again I found

1. my difficult is still 0.08xxxx something
2. my wallet stopped download new blocks to sync

so I removed the blocks data file and resync the wallet, and ...... dadadada...... there is nothing after the first block I found compare with the original file that I have like 10K pwc  Embarrassed

I am not trying to blame any one except myself per say Cheesy, just if anyone cares to explain or point me to some article links about what happened?  really appreciated

One thing I noticed that once I stopped mining all blocks I found stop getting confirmed, my intuition is like biting my own tail, miners created a block and confirmed block it created, it's in a dead loop Huh

daytrader420

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 07:08:30 PM

Probably your miner failed to download new blocks, maybe you had bad nodes or client choked, who knows.

So if I had to guess, it was working on old blocks in the blockchain.
Perhaps connections failed, so your miner decided to continue its own version of a blockchain solo, and upon catching up with the majority of the network, probably all was orphaned or something.

If I had to take a wild guess.

Smiley
ryantc (OP)

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

Bitcoin may be the TCP/IP of money.

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 07:35:56 PM

en.....nice, I made my own chain
and when I made the transfer it says 38 confirmations, broadcast through 46 nodes, so who are those nodes I drag
daytrader420

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 07:55:06 PM

en.....nice, I made my own chain
and when I made the transfer it says 38 confirmations, broadcast through 46 nodes, so who are those nodes I drag

O_O I don't know, I don't know that much, I'm a little boggled by that as well though.

Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: