Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:14:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can someone explain the value of DeepOnion coin?  (Read 766 times)
freebeer2go (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 04:31:23 PM

DeepOnion is a fork from Bitcoin Plus, with just text/logo change, and a new website. There are no new feature developed.

The official DeepOnion github shows no activity for over a month. All the previous activity on the github is also text change they missed, no new feature development at all.

So why would anyone buy this copy-pasta coin, that does not have any new feature added, hell it does not have any development activity at all! A copy pasta of Bitcoin Plus is worth $10M USD?

I'll concede they do have a pretty good signature marketing campaign going on.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 04:35:08 PM

I think the price will drop very quickly. Because all will sell their deeponions for bitcoin.
Riddikulo

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:35:58 PM

DeepOnion is a fork from Bitcoin Plus, with just text/logo change, and a new website. There are no new feature developed.

The official DeepOnion github shows no activity for over a month. All the previous activity on the github is also text change they missed, no new feature development at all.

So why would anyone buy this copy-pasta coin, that does not have any new feature added, hell it does not have any development activity at all! A copy pasta of Bitcoin Plus is worth $10M USD?

This signature compain is going good because they named it airdrop. And so many people writing about it. But it looks like scam...
lakimens

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:55:51 PM

That's not true. If you search for the thread "Traversing the deeponion" here on Altcoin Discussions, you will see that there were facts stated that go against currypto's post. I suggest you look at the thread.

EDIT: I can tell you that it's value is maybe less than it should, the coin aims to be fully anonymous and it is securing the TOR network by adding more nodes.
How do you think the US Government takes TOR sites down? They probably host a lot of nodes. This coin tries to solve that problem.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 07:02:47 PM

It’s valued because people are willing to pay for it. Since it doesn’t bring anything to the table, however, I don’t expect it to hold it’s value for that long.

And if you really want to run your wallet through Tor just use Electrum.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
HongKong

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 07:05:58 PM

It’s valued because people are willing to pay for it. Since it doesn’t bring anything to the table, however, I don’t expect it to hold it’s value for that long.

And if you really want to run your wallet through Tor just use Electrum.
Although the price of that coin is very manipulated it seems like the people that want to purchase DeepOnion have a specific goal for their purchases. Then again it could be only the team purchasing the coins within those places that are listing the coin because they did get a bunch of money through their dontations.
I’m not going to get any DeepOnion coin right now because they price is just too high for a coin that just been released and the people that purchase the coin right now have a high chance of losing money if there was an error in their system.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
freebeer2go (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 07:08:33 PM

That's not true. If you search for the thread "Traversing the deeponion" here on Altcoin Discussions, you will see that there were facts stated that go against currypto's post. I suggest you look at the thread.

EDIT: I can tell you that it's value is maybe less than it should, the coin aims to be fully anonymous and it is securing the TOR network by adding more nodes.
How do you think the US Government takes TOR sites down? They probably host a lot of nodes. This coin tries to solve that problem.

The "100% fully anonymous" part was very puzzling for me, I mean dude you use the same wallet/address scheme as Bitcoin, you have a top 100 richlist by address, how can you claim to be anonymous at all? Your wallet has a TOR client bundled with it, ok that's innovative? I can just install TOR myself... Also DeepOnion developer didn't even develop any of the above function, it's a copy pasta with text change. Also TOR is not 100% fully anonymous, many many TOR user/service has been IDed and shutdown by US government.
croTek4

Activity: 392

the Cat-a-clysm.

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:21:59 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2017, 11:02:13 PM by croTek4

The "100% fully anonymous" part was very puzzling for me, I mean dude you use the same wallet/address scheme as Bitcoin, you have a top 100 richlist by address, how can you claim to be anonymous at all? Your wallet has a TOR client bundled with it, ok that's innovative? I can just install TOR myself... Also DeepOnion developer didn't even develop any of the above function, it's a copy pasta with text change. Also TOR is not 100% fully anonymous, many many TOR user/service has been IDed and shutdown by US government.

Yeah, they got shat down because they knew about them beforehand. The thing is: even though DeepOnion is just a copy-paste, the creator did improved something: the communication. And, yeah, that's a DeepOnion banner. You see... When it comes to cryptocurrency, financially speaking, the communication is a very big deal: remember, two weeks ago, Bitcoin Cash? Fuck yeah, this thing rocked the place around. It made noise. It attracted people.

DeepOnion is just Bitcoin Plus. So what. Coins are distributed evenly amongst anyone who wants some, and as far as I know, Bitcoin Plus is ... ok i guess ? Well, the code is not wrong. It's open source, anybody can do anything. By giving time to the community to distribute coins amongst every users, by entering the market, by advertising... In 40 weeks, when they will "open the gate", I think that it will be like a giant mexican standoff.

Yeah, a real mexican standoff, but with DeepOnions, this time.

As far as I know, Bitcoin's value is exactly the same: so many people invested so f*cking much in that dope that, now, nobody wants to sell it.

If you manage to distribute coins the same way to a community, and then, you add value to the coins, you win.

And as far as I know, again, Mr. Satoshi Sakamoto has something like 2 millions Bitcoins on his wallet. And nobody is crying about that, on BTCTalk, at least, not to the point where everybody sells them in a day to make it hit the ground.

It's just marketing. Every previous Tor-coin failed before. Maybe it was the name, after all. I don't know about that part, however.

EDIT: I've checked the exchange where they trade DeepOnion. There's very few coins trading there, indeed. Since the beginning, we can only account for 200 BTC traded, and the actual price could drop to 0 if you sell for more than 10 BTC. That is 40 000 Onions, if you wonder. So, it represents something like 15 airdropped at the moment. Which is, IMO, kind of a concern.
But hey, that's penny market because it's only been three weeks. The thing is: most of the volume is theses last days, with more than 40 BTC/24H. This is not coming from donations of a few 1000's forumers, I think that it's coming from people that wants to hold, too. As long as there's momentum, any coin can work.
The only coin that matter is the loudest.

Catether is an open source mineable ERC20 Token, powered by Cates.
freebeer2go (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 11:49:49 PM

Yeah, they got shat down because they knew about them beforehand. The thing is: even though DeepOnion is just a copy-paste, the creator did improved something: the communication. And, yeah, that's a DeepOnion banner. You see... When it comes to cryptocurrency, financially speaking, the communication is a very big deal: remember, two weeks ago, Bitcoin Cash? Fuck yeah, this thing rocked the place around. It made noise. It attracted people.

DeepOnion is just Bitcoin Plus. So what. Coins are distributed evenly amongst anyone who wants some, and as far as I know, Bitcoin Plus is ... ok i guess ? Well, the code is not wrong. It's open source, anybody can do anything. By giving time to the community to distribute coins amongst every users, by entering the market, by advertising... In 40 weeks, when they will "open the gate", I think that it will be like a giant mexican standoff.

Yeah, a real mexican standoff, but with DeepOnions, this time.

As far as I know, Bitcoin's value is exactly the same: so many people invested so f*cking much in that dope that, now, nobody wants to sell it.

If you manage to distribute coins the same way to a community, and then, you add value to the coins, you win.

And as far as I know, again, Mr. Satoshi Sakamoto has something like 2 millions Bitcoins on his wallet. And nobody is crying about that, on BTCTalk, at least, not to the point where everybody sells them in a day to make it hit the ground.

It's just marketing. Every previous Tor-coin failed before. Maybe it was the name, after all. I don't know about that part, however.

EDIT: I've checked the exchange where they trade DeepOnion. There's very few coins trading there, indeed. Since the beginning, we can only account for 200 BTC traded, and the actual price could drop to 0 if you sell for more than 10 BTC. That is 40 000 Onions, if you wonder. So, it represents something like 15 airdropped at the moment. Which is, IMO, kind of a concern.
But hey, that's penny market because it's only been three weeks. The thing is: most of the volume is theses last days, with more than 40 BTC/24H. This is not coming from donations of a few 1000's forumers, I think that it's coming from people that wants to hold, too. As long as there's momentum, any coin can work.
The only coin that matter is the loudest.

You have some very good points, and yes I'm not really concerned with the premine. My single biggest concern is still that the developer of DeepOnion is not showing any development activity at all, on their official github. No activity for over a month, in a new project? This is not a good sign, how does DeepOnion expect to keep to its roadmap with zero actual programming activity?

I agree marketing can make the difference, but every person need two legs to keep balance. Marketing is only one leg, the other leg is the actual technology. Without actual technology, marketing craze will soon fade, eg. FeatherCoin (used to be Top 10 coin due to good marketing, now no one cares).
Nathan047

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:17:54 PM

Although the price of that coin is very manipulated it seems like the people that want to purchase DeepOnion have a specific goal for their purchases. Then again it could be only the team purchasing the coins within those places that are listing the coin because they did get a bunch of money through their dontations.
I’m not going to get any DeepOnion coin right now because they price is just too high for a coin that just been released and the people that purchase the coin right now have a high chance of losing money if there was an error in their system.
I wasn’t saying people weren't buying Deeponion coin, as I’m sure most all of the purchases are done as an investment like most altcoins.

My point was just that because Deeponion coin doesn’t have anything to bring to the table it’ll probably lose it’s hype soon and then people will stop investing, causing a dump.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
arnew1

Activity: 36
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:17:26 PM

im a holder i believe this could be the new monero
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: