Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:28:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GPU loud beeping noise  (Read 607 times)
Crazymoon (OP)

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:50:20 PM

Alright guys so this is my first time of making my mining rig. I have the following components.

4x XFX radeon RX 570 4gb
EVGA supernova 1300 G2
Gigabyte h110-d3a
HyperX Fury 4gB 2133MHz

I have an issue, whenever I try to start mining, I hear very loud beep. When I try to remove 1 of the GPU's, mining rig works fine, but when I try to add the 4th GPU I hear that loud beeping noise. What could be the issue any help?
I've tried to put the evga tester to see if it's power supply issue, but PSU working fine, fans are spinning.

Nothing has been touched on both GPU and Motherboard, nothing has been updated, such as bios or ROM.

Here's a video of what kind of beeping noise I am talking about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvoCEhOXmvY

Thanks in advance!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Supercoiner111

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 07:05:29 PM

I think you might be lacking power is 1300w enough for 4x570?

NameTaken

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 07:06:57 PM

I'm using a 1000W to power 6 RX 470s + motherboard/risers no problem.
Crazymoon (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 07:49:36 PM

1300W is more than enough, even if 1 GPU drains 200W, that's 800W + the rest shouldn't exceed more than 1000W
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:28:17 PM

Have you verified that your motherboard supports 4 GPUs? Even if it does support 4 GPUs there may be settings in the Bios to adjust, and/or Bios updates required. Most non mining specific motherboards require some tweaking once you get past 3 GPUs in my experience.
Johny101010

Activity: 218

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:38:35 PM

I will take either a riser or a power cable for 1 Bitcoin Alex.
Sorry not enough Jeopardy Jones in this forum.
But really, EVGA has always had issues with the cables going from PSU to card for me.
Also risers quality is crap. It's probably one of the 2.

ben8jam

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:01:23 PM

I have 7 XFX 570s spread between other gpus in two rigs and one of them would beep. Just beep beep beep beep beep away. NO ONE believed me that it was the GPU but I could put my ear up to it and it would BEEP BEEP BEEP. It wasn't as LOUD as you have posted, but it was audible enough and a definite short beep.

I posted a lot of threads looking for help. I even called XFX who told me they don't beep and then got PISSED at my for mining with them (this was back in June). Everyone said it was "coil whine" -- it was not.

I think the issue stemmed from using a ANORAK prebuilt powersave bios and it was under volting it / over clocking it too much. I have since created custom BIOS's for every card one at a time because the XFX cards are wack jobs and every acts differently.

However, if your beep is long and super loud like that, then maybe you don't have the same issue.
Crazymoon (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 03:54:04 PM

Have you verified that your motherboard supports 4 GPUs? Even if it does support 4 GPUs there may be settings in the Bios to adjust, and/or Bios updates required. Most non mining specific motherboards require some tweaking once you get past 3 GPUs in my experience.

I will check and let you know about this. I was reading a guide that says that this motherboard is good for mining, it's made for mining.

I will take either a riser or a power cable for 1 Bitcoin Alex.
Sorry not enough Jeopardy Jones in this forum.
But really, EVGA has always had issues with the cables going from PSU to card for me.
Also risers quality is crap. It's probably one of the 2.

Yeah, I double checked all the risers they are all okay, even though after reading a millions of threads about mining, everyone says that in every single package of risers that has been sent like 1 or 2 might be not working so I ordered extra ones.

I have 7 XFX 570s spread between other gpus in two rigs and one of them would beep. Just beep beep beep beep beep away. NO ONE believed me that it was the GPU but I could put my ear up to it and it would BEEP BEEP BEEP. It wasn't as LOUD as you have posted, but it was audible enough and a definite short beep.

I posted a lot of threads looking for help. I even called XFX who told me they don't beep and then got PISSED at my for mining with them (this was back in June). Everyone said it was "coil whine" -- it was not.

I think the issue stemmed from using a ANORAK prebuilt powersave bios and it was under volting it / over clocking it too much. I have since created custom BIOS's for every card one at a time because the XFX cards are wack jobs and every acts differently.

However, if your beep is long and super loud like that, then maybe you don't have the same issue.

None of the GPU's have been overclocked or modded their BIOS. But if none of these suggestions helps maybe i can start looking for a custom ROM's so I can download and see if that will help. Any suggestion from where I can find it?

My GPU is XFX Radeon 570 4GB
HuskyJay

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:11:45 PM

Hey Crazymoon,

This is funny to me, I have the exact same build and I also have the exact same problem, any luck finding a solution to these beeps?

I tried everything I could think of but I can't seem to fix the long beep problem. At first I thought it was a PSU problem, but like you mentioned, this PSU should be able to handle 4 GPUS. Later I thought maybe they're overheating, but again, my GPUS temperatures aren't that high to beep, plus I have a vornado fan blowing over them to see if it fixed the issue, nope.. I checked the bios and turned on mining mode, checked the voltage within the bios, nothing seem off...

Like you I've noticed it doesn't beep as much when its mining 2 of the 4, sometimes it beep more often when I tried running 3 cards but I would like to find whats the cause of this too and fix it.

Anyways, been trying to figure this out for days now, if I come across a solution, I'll let you know.
Crazymoon (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:11:25 PM

I have completely unplugged the entire mining rig, carefully checked all the parts, everything was fine. Plugged back all of my cards and the same issue. When I tried to run a single GPU it was working fine, when I was trying to run the 2nd GPU on the 2nd slot it started beeping. From what I've realized is that this motherboard has 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 and 5 x PCI Express x1 slots. I have bought 16x to 1x risers, shouldn't I bought x1 to 16x risers?  Cheesy
HuskyJay

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:32:27 PM

hmmm, you might be onto something. I checked newegg after you mentioned the 1x to 16x risers. Newegg also bundle that type with the xfx. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812423197&ignorebbr=1
Undefined31415

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

Gone phishing...

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 10:30:45 PM

hmmm, you might be onto something. I checked newegg after you mentioned the 1x to 16x risers. Newegg also bundle that type with the xfx. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812423197&ignorebbr=1

That's an awfully high price for a riser, and even with the bulk 13+ discount, there are cheaper options. (And so far, I haven't found much evidence about them having better quality control than cheaper ones.)

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Crazymoon (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:44:18 PM

Well it looks like I will have to order 1x to 16x risers and see if that will fix the problem, probably gonna take a while until I receive them but in the meantime any other advice is welcome.

Well it will take a while until I get them but if you have the same issue as me I would advice you to order 1x to 16x and see if that helps. Since you've mentioned NewEgg I am assume you are from USA. I am from Europe and theres no risers in any of the local shops so it will take like 2 weeks until I receive them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: