Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:18:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I would like to make a donation to Burnside and Friedcat  (Read 620 times)
CanadianGuy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 08:06:50 PM

Outside of trading, I would like to make a donation.  Can someone provide me with their public keys?  I don't expect anything back, I just want to give direct funds to them in order to keep things running smooth.  If anyone else thinks this is a good idea please join me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 08:09:49 PM

A donation is either a token of support or gratitude. Since it's unlikely that the motive is support, may I ask why you feel so gratified?

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
CanadianGuy (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 08:13:35 PM

A donation is either a token of support or gratitude. Since it's unlikely that the motive is support, may I ask why you feel so gratified?

it is most definitely support though.  I want to contribute to boosting the growth in the most direct way possible.  It won't be very big, maybe 5 btc
CanadianGuy (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 08:14:14 PM

sorry is this looking offensive in any way? i can delete this post..
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 08:20:40 PM

Not at all. Just unconventional. It's like someone making a donation to a public figure like Steve Jobs or Warren Buffet.

If you approve of their actions, and you'd like to acknowledge that by monetary incentives, consider paying it forward (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pay_it_forward). You can ask burnside or friedcat how they think that money should be spent.

In this case, I think there is little money can do in order to provide support.

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
CanadianGuy (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 08:31:26 PM

Not at all. Just unconventional. It's like someone making a donation to a public figure like Steve Jobs or Warren Buffet.

If you approve of their actions, and you'd like to acknowledge that by monetary incentives, consider paying it forward (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pay_it_forward). You can ask burnside or friedcat how they think that money should be spent.

In this case, I think there is little money can do in order to provide support.

i disagree... i think directly funding their operations would be more efficient to them and more immediate than buying shares.  I don't expect to profit more from the support I'm giving, i just realize that they are experiencing delays of different sorts and would like to help.  I fully understand my btc probably wouldn't do anything, but even it helps 0.00001% it will make me happy knowing that I am showing full support.  I guess it is for my own satisfaction then in an indirect way, lol.  if steve jobs was at the very beginning of something great and i was fully invested in him, damn right i would have donated  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: