Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:37:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Made my first ALT potfolio  (Read 1155 times)
eduardorco (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:00:34 PM

Hi guys, i'm starting to speculate in alt coins and i would like to read about your opinions on my wallets:

Florin - 10$
SysCoin - 10$
Ripple - 10$
Stratis - 30$
Dogecoin - 5$
Verge - 10$
NewEconomyMovement - 10$
Ethereum - 30$
Golem - 10$
Litecoin - 30$
Neo - 30$
Peercoin - 10$
Dash - 30$
Lisk - 30$
Musicoin - 10$

I basically invested 10$ in the cheapest ones and 30$ in the big guys. I'm looking foward to add:

Status
Siacoin
Shift
Stox
Factom
Monaco

What are your thoughts? Which ones should i set as short term and long term?
Anyway, thanks for the time.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Holohippo

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:56:19 PM

now add a zero after all of those and become a millionaire in 20 years
/s
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:02:25 PM

If the goal is to get rich then I'd move the doge to something else, it's more of a fun coin than an investment. Someone will tell you to add waves soon, I'm almost certain!

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:11:32 PM

Yes, and i am the first in going to say this, but i think that you should consider adding Waves and ZRX to your portfolio... There is a lot of people recommending both coins and they have too much potential to grow in the next weeks.
Waves made a 20% in the last week, ZRX a 15% and both of them are probably pump soon since they are gonna have good events in the next week.
Those are my favourite ones
anonimogmr

Activity: 72
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:26:56 PM

I think you are over-diversifying your portfolio, I would choose only 5 coins from your list and invest more in them because $10 won't get you too far. From your list I would keep Stratis, Verge, ETH, LTC and Neo and sell the others to buy more of the previously coins I mentioned.
CoinCollector006

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:51:00 PM

1. The number of positions is fine, professional hedge fund managers often have 30 to 50 stocks in their portfolios

2. BTC should be in the portfolio, perhaps a 25% to 40% weight. This will give you diversification when all the alts are falling

3. Long term positions in this portfolio include Ether, Stratis, Lisk, NEM, Dash, Factom

4. I would consider adding more privacy exposure such as Monero, Zencash, Deep Onion, or Spectrecoin

5. Every good portfolio deserves a few shoot for the moon low market cap high flyers: Linda, 1337, 808, Sumokoin, InflationCoin, etc. So people have less flattering names for these coins

Do lots of research before you invest and be ready for big fluctuations, its to be expected these are not sleepy muni bond investments.

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
949miner

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:55:21 PM

1. The number of positions is fine, professional hedge fund managers often have 30 to 50 stocks in their portfolios

2. BTC should be in the portfolio, perhaps a 25% to 40% weight. This will give you diversification when all the alts are falling

3. Long term positions in this portfolio include Ether, Stratis, Lisk, NEM, Dash, Factom

4. I would consider adding more privacy exposure such as Monero, Zencash, Deep Onion, or Spectrecoin

5. Every good portfolio deserves a few shoot for the moon low market cap high flyers: Linda, 1337, 808, Sumokoin, InflationCoin, etc. So people have less flattering names for these coins

Do lots of research before you invest and be ready for big fluctuations, its to be expected these are not sleepy muni bond investments.

You are advicing him to add more altcoins to his portfolio, but his budget is no more than $400 if you count all of the altcoins he has.. So how are you gonna diversify all those altcoins you said? If you mean, 45% of bitcoin then it is $180 of btc, then you have 55% to diversify into those 10 altcoins you said, and the other 10 that he has.
How the f*ck is he gonna diversify $220 into 20 altcoins? $10 each one?

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-      
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_  
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██  
  ▐██▌                      
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
lx001

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:40:23 PM

does not matter if it is 10 or 100 usd, you are still ahead of 99% of the worlds population. I would choose less coins and invest everything into long term ones first (btc, eth, xem and waves)
muncuss

Activity: 634
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 11:20:05 PM

I think you are over-diversifying your portfolio, I would choose only 5 coins from your list and invest more in them because $10 won't get you too far. From your list I would keep Stratis, Verge, ETH, LTC and Neo and sell the others to buy more of the previously coins I mentioned.
yeah too many coins for small pocket, better to give each for around $40-$50 so it will only 6-7 coins. If you want long term, coins like ethereum or dash are good to buy but if you want short term, buy the cheap ones like verge, they'll give you more profit if they rise
CoinCollector006

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:41:54 AM

You are advicing him to add more altcoins to his portfolio, but his budget is no more than $400 if you count all of the altcoins he has.. So how are you gonna diversify all those altcoins you said? If you mean, 45% of bitcoin then it is $180 of btc, then you have 55% to diversify into those 10 altcoins you said, and the other 10 that he has.

You raise a fair point. Small positions dilute portfolio returns, but the converse also can be argued. More positions means you have greater opportunity to allocate to a big winner that goes up 100x to 1000x.  Even $10 invested in an Antshares, Verge, Dash type name will lead to a violent capital gain. By having skin in the game you have the crypto name on your radar and can swiftly allocate when the price declines and build up your position.

Portfolios are not static. The original investor that started this topic may get a raise at work, may work over time, may receive an inheritance or redeploy savings that are invested elsewhere because the $400 is a pilot run. They may have $400 today and $2000 tomorrow. Have some faith in humanity!

Diversification has worked well for me to stabilize portfolio returns when prices inevitably go down. There are lots of low market cap coins priced around 1 cent of less, the $10 can be meaningful as a starter not to mention the psychological boost when one of them starts to explode.     

eduardorco best of luck to you!

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:19:09 PM

If the goal is to get rich then I'd move the doge to something else, it's more of a fun coin than an investment. Someone will tell you to add waves soon, I'm almost certain!

I am that someone. @ op, you should add waves. Sound project, it all depends on whether the developers deliver. If they do, it will sell past $10.
janggernaut
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1130

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:28:59 PM

Hi guys, i'm starting to speculate in alt coins and i would like to read about your opinions on my wallets:

Sorry but i'm agreed with everyone who saying if you are putting in a lot of altcoins. I don't think you will be get big profit from that, just choose max 5 or 6 altcoins (invest at least $50 to 1 altcoin) and hold it for long term.
aldrian09

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:48:37 PM

Most of the coins you choose are good and mostly are for long term investment. I can't wait for you update after one year with your portfolio I know you will profit from these coins. You did a good job in not putting all your money in one coin only.
eduardorco (OP)

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:37:18 PM

Hey guys, I really appreciate yours advises. Thanks for taking your time to read and try to help me.

I actually have some BTC, and it's giving me the highest profit, but i focused on altcoins here, anyway thanks for the advise.

You raise a fair point. Small positions dilute portfolio returns, but the converse also can be argued. More positions means you have greater opportunity to allocate to a big winner that goes up 100x to 1000x.  Even $10 invested in an Antshares, Verge, Dash type name will lead to a violent capital gain. By having skin in the game you have the crypto name on your radar and can swiftly allocate when the price declines and build up your position.

Portfolios are not static. The original investor that started this topic may get a raise at work, may work over time, may receive an inheritance or redeploy savings that are invested elsewhere because the $400 is a pilot run. They may have $400 today and $2000 tomorrow. Have some faith in humanity!

Diversification has worked well for me to stabilize portfolio returns when prices inevitably go down. There are lots of low market cap coins priced around 1 cent of less, the $10 can be meaningful as a starter not to mention the psychological boost when one of them starts to explode.     

eduardorco best of luck to you!

Yes, that's only my first move! I will insert more capital in to altcoins soon. I have some friends that are really curious about my investments and actually want me to invest their money in it. Maybe if everythings goes right, and you  guys keep posting good stuff here, i make this hobby my future work  Grin. Thanks CoinCollector006.

I bought a lot of coins to see how it works, trying to get experience. And it has been 3 days now, and by not moving a finger i already made a few bucks (10$)  Cool, and in brazil that's actually really good, something about R$34, more than a lot of people make by working 8hrs in those 3 days.

Well, i will follow your advises and hopefully become a rich nerd guy!

One more question... What do you think about daily traders? If is done right, could make more profit than holders?
iad_xo

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:11:29 PM

I would add KICKICO and ZRX
thangoffshore

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 03:41:09 AM

Ed, day trade is a stressful and time consuming task. Don't do it unless you free as fuuk.

About your friends, in my opinion, it's better if you share them information and introduce them to crypto world than investing for them yourself. In this world, money could be evaporated way too quick, don't let that ruin your friendship.

r0bb0

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 03:56:57 AM

Florin - 10$
SysCoin - 10$
Ripple - 10$
Stratis - 30$
Dogecoin - 5$
Verge - 10$
NewEconomyMovement - 10$
Ethereum - 30$
Golem - 10$
Litecoin - 30$
Neo - 30$
Peercoin - 10$
Dash - 30$
Lisk - 30$
Musicoin - 10$

I basically invested 10$ in the cheapest ones and 30$ in the big guys. I'm looking foward to add:

Status
Siacoin
Shift
Stox
Factom
Monaco

I'd cut down to around 10 coins but its really a risk/reward thing; if you want to lower the risk have more coins and make comparatively less but probably still a significant amount. Nothing wrong with that, at least you're in.  I'd get rid of dogecoin though, like someone else said its a joke. And i'd look at omg and zrx as $30 bags too.
Makka

Activity: 594
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 04:27:03 AM

Florin - 10$
SysCoin - 10$
Ripple - 10$
Stratis - 30$
Dogecoin - 5$
Verge - 10$
NewEconomyMovement - 10$
Ethereum - 30$
Golem - 10$
Litecoin - 30$
Neo - 30$
Peercoin - 10$
Dash - 30$
Lisk - 30$
Musicoin - 10$

Status
Siacoin
Shift
Stox
Factom
Monaco

I love how resourceful you are in your first investments. I think it would have been better if you made it into like $50 per coins. But this is your strategy. I wish you luck. I am amazed at your own choices of coins as well. They are good choices but you need to constantly monitor them so that your investment will end up making profits.
steezyinc

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 05:44:43 AM

To be honest, when I read your title I was only expecting you to have PotCoin (POT) listed.  Glad to see it was just a typo!   Grin
ContrivedShark

Activity: 46

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 05:59:51 AM

As you are only investing such a small amount you might be better of investing in less coins.

You will be hit by exchange and transfer fees leaving you with not very much.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: