Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:38:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin top 5000$  (Read 2400 times)
ragnar0k (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:02:41 PM

Hello!
I tend to just read the forum and not to join in but there was a question I really wanted to answer so... Here I am!
What do you think about the Goldman Sachs prediction of a 4800$ top where all will collapse? Sounds like a biblical prophecy but well, they have been quite accurate about bitcoin so far.
We are getting close to the target so... What do you think will happen?

I was thinking that regardless of the prediction, maybe the 5000$ will work as a hardcore mental barrier... And pop the bubble.

So, what are your thoughts?

PS: Unfortunately I cannot paste the link as it says it is suspicious... but you can find it on CNBC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:09:13 PM

Hello!
I tend to just read the forum and not to join in but there was a question I really wanted to answer so... Here I am!
What do you think about the Goldman Sachs prediction of a 4800$ top where all will collapse? Sounds like a biblical prophecy but well, they have been quite accurate about bitcoin so far.

I was thinking that regardless of the prediction, maybe the 5000$ will work as a hardcore mental barrier... And pop the bubble.

PS: If you did not read the article here it is: https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2017/08/14/goldman-sachs-says-bitcoin-may-rise-about-500-more.html (sorry, no hyperlink as it detects it as a suspicious link for some reason...)

I don't know... while Goldman Sachs' s predictions were the responsible of the worst economical crisis of the last decade, john McAfee is a visionary who won many successful improbable bets in his life. I would take his prediction for more valuable.

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
ragnar0k (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:17:34 PM

True that... But 500k in 2 years seems too crazy to be true... On the other hand a mental barrier at 5k seems quite likely...
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:47:05 PM

People have been saying the same about the $4000 mark, but so far there hasn't been any correction. At this point it's practically impossible to say anything about the exact top and direction.

It might be heading towards the $6000 mark too if the market gets bought up heavily in a very short time. I am glad that I am a hodler with enough coins in the pocket, and enough fiat aside to be put in action.

The thing is that it actually makes sense for the market to go through a correction, but on the other hand, it also makes sense to continue rushing up to break through newer all time high records.

#Patience

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:50:37 PM

Hello!

PS: If you did not read the article here it is: https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2017/08/14/goldman-sachs-says-bitcoin-may-rise-about-500-more.html (sorry, no hyperlink as it detects it as a suspicious link for some reason...)

I don't know... while Goldman Sachs' s predictions were the responsible of the worst economical crisis of the last decade, john McAfee is a visionary who won many successful improbable bets in his life. I would take his prediction for more valuable.

Ok, but his prediction is that bch will be $500k not btc. What do you think now?
TheJuice

Activity: 840
Merit: 608

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:09:36 PM

I think a 6 trillion market cap for all crytpos is reasonable in the next few years. That is the market cap of all gold. Whether it's BTC, BCH, ETH or some new coin that leads the way is unclear. Although, my guess is BTC will continue around 50% market share. That would put us around 142k/coin.

pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:19:23 PM

$5000 seems to be a tough psychological barrier now; but we mustn't forget so was $4000. We crossed $4000 very easily and $5000 might meet the same fate, if there are no divisions or forks.

Higher Altitude

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:25:22 PM

I think fundamental factors come more into play with such scenarios. I might be wrong but the missile launch over Japan yesterday could have moved Bitcoin over the $4500 barrier. Fundamental factors don't care about "psychological barriers" because that is technical jargon. If you have a big event that moves the market then all the technicals have to adjust. If you look at the chart Bitcoin is overdue for a big correction but then again it's Bitcoin and maybe new rules apply here and it is never really "overbought".

My point is: I have no idea. But I'd say there is a correction coming to $3XXX. And long-term I'm very bullish on Bitcoin.
Lumada

Activity: 520
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:48:29 PM

Whatever drove it up through $4,000 so quickly might not give people a chance to get relatively cheap coin by dropping.  It could just as easily head up toward the $6,000 mark and leave $4,000 and $5,000 in the dust.
That's the downside of it's increase. Whenever it increaae it gets too expensive for newbies to have some btc, same with the transaction fees, that's why risking sonetimes especially before seems worrhy now.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
cmacwiz

Activity: 704
Merit: 270

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:53:24 PM

But  it's only $4.50 a mBTC !
Skarner21

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Massive price drop coming...

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 10:58:00 PM

I think its high to see this price for this following month but bitcoin is really unpredictable and the price are still continue to increase..
And i think it is impossible that we will see  a large drop happen with bitcoin since there are many bitcoin supporters that can support to invest more in bitcoin if there is a drop it can filling up again by others..
So for now we will see more increase this following month but possible around $4900 and november is my estimated time that 5k can be reach..

Make crypto as your bank.
cengsuwuei

Activity: 714
Merit: 516

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 11:00:46 PM

not long time bitcoin price can reach 5000 dollar
maybe next month september, bitcoin price can reach over 5000 dollar

about bitcoin price 500k dollar, iam not believe and imposible bitcoin price can reach 500k dollar,

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14..

..Buy Now..

error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 11:28:21 PM

I don't care about Goldman Sachs prediction of a 4800$ as the highest point before get corrected.
Normally, people tend to sell before bitcoin reach certain point such as $5000, so they thought it would be at $4800.
How about $5000? Bitcoin could reach it in few days later obviously, consider current Bulls run after segwit activated.
So, it is your choice to hold or take your part to create panic sell with goldman sachc to sell bitcoin, if they intend to.
crazylikeafox

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 11:30:45 PM

about bitcoin price 500k dollar, iam not believe and imposible bitcoin price can reach 500k dollar,

Probably we will hit $5,000 in the first week mainstream media is starting to report bitcoin in a daily manner. People will rush to this goldmine
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 11:39:05 PM

Probably we will hit $5,000 in the first week mainstream media is starting to report bitcoin in a daily manner. People will rush to this goldmine

Indeed, bitcoin has reached new ATH $4650 and still persist above $4600 right now, and remember; segwit has just been activated few days ago.
Segwit is a big deal, we can send big amount of bitcoin and just pay low fees righ now, I am so happy about it.
It is a good scale solution, hopefully all of the exchanges and wallet platforms will support segwit transactions through P2SH addresses.
Then, the Bulls will run unstoppable to $5000 in this week.
ragnar0k (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:25:36 AM

It's really not my intention to spread panic or be part of it...
Just as a fellow hodler I need to vent out my anxiety   Cheesy

And although I agree segwit is a big deal, I also think the big thing about bitcoin is its store of value. Now let's assume Goldman is correct - there is a correction that goes down 50%. Well - that would be enough to go have the same market cap as ETH (assuming eth doesnt blow with BC) - and at that point ETH can eat bitcoin alive...

I wonder if any of you thought about this and what you think could help having a good peace of mind (excluding stop loss - which I cant do ufortunately)
Kingofbitcoin12345

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 03:14:14 AM

Prediction are also manipulatively been used by some to control or for others to used to there on perspective.. I would not say its right or wrong.. It is how trading works so it's normal to hear from him or from her or to anybody.. It is how you managed those predictions and don't rely much, used your own prediction..

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 03:35:51 AM

Hello!
What do you think about the Goldman Sachs prediction of a 4800$ top where all will collapse? Sounds like a biblical prophecy but well, they have been quite accurate about bitcoin so far. We are getting close to the target so... What do you think will happen? I was thinking that regardless of the prediction, maybe the 5000$ will work as a hardcore mental barrier... And pop the bubble. So, what are your thoughts?

Maybe this is the best time that we can tell Goldman Sachs that not all of their predictions can come true. I don't believe that this entity is the best one that can ever predict the gloom and boom of Bitcoin as it is not really an expert on cryptocurrency and just came into the scene when they realized that Bitcoin is already unstoppable and not anymore a passing fad or a temporary trend.

There is no reason why Bitcoin would be collapsing soon. In fact, I believe that things are getting better everyday with Bitcoin and we already discounted what can happen come November and if ever there would be another fork there was already that precedent in BCH we can all look up to.

But then again, there would always be small corrections (some called them as small bubbles) and these are serving as buffer zones against the dreaded big bubble. Speculations are everywhere but if these speculations are still supported by strong fundamentals and a clear strong market demand then we have nothing big to worry about.
fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 03:44:57 AM

But  it's only $4.50 a mBTC !

It should be a hundred.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:45:11 AM

Why everyone thinks that we are in a bubble? No, we aren't in a bubble right now it's just a normal economy and we had seen it progress with bitcoin. And that's why McAfee is visioning that we are going to see the price haven of bitcoin with his expectation. Goldman is trying to hide something for predicting that there is something that is about to happen whenever we reach $4,800.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀