Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 11:02:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to compile coins on OSX?  (Read 522 times)
bankpower (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:55:58 PM

Hello, since I don't trust altcoin executables, I'm looking for someone able to teach me how to compile altcoins on OSX 10 environment. I am ready to pay if needed.
bankpower (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:08:25 PM

Bump
keyrun

Activity: 143
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:14:38 PM

Hello, since I don't trust altcoin executables, I'm looking for someone able to teach me how to compile altcoins on OSX 10 environment. I am ready to pay if needed.

Are you looking for creating just tokens or some mineable coins?
The process can be a bit different according to the algo you use or platform you decide to host on.
bankpower (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:35:42 PM

I don't want to create coins, just compile the existing ones here on Bitcointalk directly from source
bankpower (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:53:58 AM

Still looking for some help
SonOfNorth

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 11:17:01 AM

You mean the wallets? You don't compile the coins/tokens. Generally the developers share the source on GitHub and link to it on their main page/group.

S P 8 D E        ♠       THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.       ♠         READ WHITEPAPER       
    TOKENS        A DECENTRALIZED PLATFORM FOR GAMING DAPPS        ROADMAP   
ANN THREAD       FACEBOOK       TWITTER       TELEGRAM       YOUTUBE       MEDIUM       REDDIT
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 02:24:04 AM

Quite a wide spectrum, new and old, different issues.

Scroll to “Build on OS X”: https://github.com/slimcoin-project/Slimcoin/blob/master/README.md, gives you some idea of the process (i.e. using brew to provide the required libraries and utilities.)

Cheers

Graham
bankpower (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:18:33 AM

Scroll to “Build on OS X”: https://github.com/slimcoin-project/Slimcoin/blob/master/README.md, gives you some idea of the process (i.e. using brew to provide the required libraries and utilities.)

Cheers

Graham

Yes I understand, I followed instructions included on some sources with no luck, will try this one and let you know thanks. I have experience in compiling Windows and Linux wallets and hope to do the same on OSX.
bankpower (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 08:39:14 AM

Cheers

Graham

Hi, I tried with no success. Also, my system updated to Sierra and I heard from other users that this version gives headache to people who want to compile coins.
It would be much appreciated (I can pay if necessary) if someone can guide me step by step in the process.
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 09:09:41 AM

Hi, I tried with no success. Also, my system updated to Sierra and I heard from other users that this version gives headache to people who want to compile coins.

Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't - people can develop some rather idiosyncratic explanations of phenomena they don't fully understand.

Maybe it's the host OS, not the VM. VirtualBox will no longer run my OS X Sierria VM (I had to swap to Mint when Ubuntu bricked my laptop), “because", it says cryptically, “of VirtualBox”, so I'm afraid you're on your own. It will deign to run Mavericks tho.

You're about where I was when I started out on the OS X instructions. As I wrote - the task is to ensure that brew has all the required open source compiled-for-OX libraries installed, that the environment variables are correctly bound (e.g. BDB_INCLUDE_PATH, etc) and that the codebase itself has been adjusted as appropriate for compilation under whatever version of Clang the Mac OS X is running.

Cheers

Graham
|SharpShooter|

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:35:16 PM

PM me if you still need help with the compile.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: