Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:28:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi just sold his mined Bitcoins from 2010  (Read 2433 times)
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 03:37:38 AM

There is a lot of possibilities here but what i think here is some company is starting to set there bankroll. But if i will answer based on the title, it is not sure if the person who is cashing out it satoshi because there are lots of people who adopt bitcoin at early stages.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dumbtool45

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 03:42:47 AM

I read the topic and here are really interesting ideas.

As far as I know Satoshi can't mine the genesis coins, it is unkown if this was an errore of his code or not. Only after the last coins will be mined in the bitcoin network the satoshi will be able to move the funds from the genessis address.

Even more about bitcoin segwit, it is too early to say it is safe to trade this kind of ammounts at this moment
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:26:50 AM

Well how do we know its for sure not him?

Obviously if he sold his BTC from Block #1 we would know it was him. But if he was mining for around a year or so and selling his mined coins backwards then it would be harder to link it to him.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 07:39:54 AM

Well whoever this person is, he must be so happy right now.
Things that had no value at all are worth millions of dollars and granted him the title of "millionaire".
If I understand it correctly, SegWit uses newer P2SH (pay to script hash) addresses, which start with a three just like the ones that this person is sending to.

Rather than jumping to the conclusion that this early adopter is "cashing out", we could consider that they're moving their coins to SegWit-compatible wallets - something which people with the opportunity should certainly be doing.

Well that's still actually a possibility but we'll never know since these addresses are brand new. Actually the scenario that the coins got sold is acceptable.
Maybe a new investor bought ? and just created one address and the other is the exchange address of the owner.

The only transaction was No.1 It means that this BTC is never been used and just keeping it or It could be the hardware that I throwed in the garbage when I though that this coins is just useless and nothing of use. xD
L00n3y

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:42:49 AM

Maybe just a real early adopter hit their target for when they want to cash some out.  Could still only be a fraction of what they have in total.

True. This early birds can have more than a 10k btc in their holdings but still we don't know if it is a cash out. Still that's a large amount he got there.

That's a pretty large number of bitcoins and regardless who owns it, he must be having a good time right now. After holding them coins for a little over seven years, the value has risen so much and if I were in his position, I would really be thinking about cashing out some too. Maybe that is just part of what he owns or just transferring to another address but whatever the case, he is one lucky man for having that many bitcoin in holding.

I would cash out too but only to sustain some of my personal expenses like building a home and have a business in the real world, I won't cash out if I don't have a solid reason and instead of cashing out some, I would rather spend it on alts and do some trades to make a money roll. Every bits count. Roll Eyes
dlorah111

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:23:16 AM

Well I think 3,000 x $4500 is reason enough to cash out.
it's $12,000,000 who wouldn't cash out and be able to do whatever you want.
steamon

Activity: 404
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:32:32 AM

I have been on this ride since 2011 and no I did not buy a lot of bitcoins I just got a few to play around with and cashed out when I mined like 40. For today standards 3000 btc this is called a big fish. I remember people sitting on 300k bitcoins when the price hit 100 and yes he did cash out 1 day. If you look very closely you see that bitcoins are getting more divided between people and its worth is increasing. Most likely in 10 years having 10 BTC might be called a whale. There might be some investors hoarding them but lucky there is not someone that owns all bitcoins.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:42:25 AM

this has nothing to do with satsohi, the coins are all after the Satoshi time and from 2010 not the early blocks which were mined by Satoshi. and also as it was mentioned by someone else. this is most probably someone from the early days who is trying to get the Bitcion Cash airdrop now that the price is still high enough to be worth anything. or probably getting ready to claim it if there was a pump or something.

Only Bitcoin
michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:46:44 AM

We can't say for sure that this was a sell transaction. More like a consolidation, maybe? Or maybe their trying to get the bitcoin cash too by doing this. We can't really say this is satoshi's though, we need more evidence than just because this is from an early adopter. Since the coins that were mined were from 2010, it is not definitely from satoshi.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:53:18 AM

If I understand it correctly, SegWit uses newer P2SH (pay to script hash) addresses, which start with a three just like the ones that this person is sending to.

Rather than jumping to the conclusion that this early adopter is "cashing out", we could consider that they're moving their coins to SegWit-compatible wallets - something which people with the opportunity should certainly be doing.

I don't see why. If you have a ton of BTC and you are just holding it for long term, why even bother moving them? they are safe in the classic format that begins with an 1.

Most likely it's an early adopter getting ready to dump his BCH or at least to protect from replay attacks when trying to access his BCH. This is no satoshi, his coins are well traced.
aTriz

Activity: 1218
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:54:32 AM

Alright... sorry for the clickbait but it looks like some very very early early adopter is cashing out

https://blockchain.info/tx/4b60dc9cd051f4489420018bf52ead4f1f1377b0e0b4f2bc552f31b2649230ab

Most were mined beginning of 2010 which at the time bitcoin had no value.
There is no proof that whoever is transferring this much btc is actually cashing out, the address may be a new cold storage or an exchange.

We can't really say that this is Satoshi selling, but it could be a possibility that he is cashing out.

That's 12Mil dollars, so I guess whoever cashed out is probably living in a mansion now. Good luck to him.

elebit

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:09:36 AM

There are many people from the early days that have 3k BTC. There are a bunch on this very forum with 10k+.

It looks like one of the output addresses is stamp's trading wallet, so it's likely that this guy is looking to cash out 1k and hodling 2k.

I hope this person gets a vacation house somewhere nice as it takes some nerves to hodl through the extra long sub-30 sub-1000 dips. But it is silly to implicate Satoshi. There's absolutely no reason to believe it is as there were plenty miners in 2010.

Also, look at the depth of the exchanges today. 1k coins won't even move the needle.
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:32:32 AM

How do we know that only Bitcoins mined with the difficulty of 1 were mined by Satoshi? he could've used another PC to become the second miner.

All in all, he has to have the freedom to do whatever he wants, he did a great job by creating the system and inventing blockchain technology which

Had been used on thousands of different projects, if he can't use his coins then who is more deserving?
bitorama

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:37:51 AM

why lots of people think that was Satoshi ? Was he the only miner during that period ?
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 03:08:11 AM

Heres another possibility. What if BTC is already at its peak in value and the earliest of investors are getting ready to sell everything and invest in some other cryptocurrency?

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 05:25:52 AM

probably theymos moving his coins

(known as sirius-m) back in those days

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 06:04:20 PM

probably theymos moving his coins

(known as sirius-m) back in those days

FYI, theymos (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=35) and sirius (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=4) are different people.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
saponetes

Activity: 420
Merit: 18

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 06:16:08 AM

What a like guy. I dont mind to be him, and if i was him i sell part of the bitcoin right now. No one knows the future and despite possible bitcoin valrozation in the future he makes a fortune today selling it. A life changer at least for me.
Palmholder

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 06:43:07 AM

What you said is so dirty rumor. If Satoshi will appear, or his traces will be revealed it would cause huge influence at the market. Its only possible to happen in bound with changing whole bitcoins position in people minds, to better of worse direction

bitfools

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:40:30 AM

Alright... sorry for the clickbait but it looks like some very very early early adopter is cashing out

https://blockchain.info/tx/4b60dc9cd051f4489420018bf52ead4f1f1377b0e0b4f2bc552f31b2649230ab

Most were mined beginning of 2010 which at the time bitcoin had no value.

LBO has been attacking LARGE BALANCE ACCOUNTS for months ever think that they could have cracked an early one with a poor hash or password?

Brute force LBO is active, statistically it can happen and HIGH value accounts are the targets.

But given all the BCH bullshit, and given that the OP posted a LIE as the title click-bait, and given that BCH just wants to demonize and create FUD in BITCOIN

WE can probably assume this story is bullsit, so an old account move 3,000 BTC true? Yes or No, maybe somebody will dump the blockhash I don't want to bother,

So this is the future? everytime a high value account makes a transaction its news?

SKY is falling BITCOIN legacy-founders are selling, THIS IS SO F**KING BCH
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: