Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:04:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Armory 0.96.2 is out (SegWit enabled)  (Read 9229 times)
naska21

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:50:53 PM

Hopefully this is clear. Is code OK or would a pastebin link be better next time?

I'd rather you use pastebin. What is your issue besides the illegal instructions issue? (Use clang to build if you want to avoid that one.)

Hi. it seems that armory is always loosing and re-establishing  connection to Bitcoin core as the  rellevant system notification is flashing  all  the time.  So  it takes for ages for Armory to prepare databases (after only 5 days rest). It shows 0% for more than an hour. Figures near the relevant band are changing sometimes, 18, 21 ...31 .. 29 ...37..46 ..83...81...79...again 81.. and so on (What do those figures mean? They are changing in not predictable manner) .  How to fix the issue of database building reluctancy ? (the latest Armory, 0.14.1 core + Win 10 pro, 16 Gb RAM. i7)

Start BitcoinQt manually and let it sync before starting Armory.

Thanks for advice, will do it next time. Now it is synched. BTW. do I need to update to the  latest my cold off-line Armory?
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:33:40 PM

I'd rather you use pastebin. What is your issue besides the illegal instructions issue? (Use clang to build if you want to avoid that one.)

My main problem is that the menu bar on Armory isn't there. I can start armory and run most things I need to but File, User, Tools, Addresses, Wallets, MultiSig, Help, that whole bar, is not there. I'll re-post my logs via pastebin. I think the pastebin "Armory Start Up Text", particularly "(ERROR) ArmoryUtils.py:1245 - Error getting system details:" and below that, should help explain better than I can.

Armory Start Up Text: https://pastebin.com/embed_js/EnazWDk9

Armory Log:  https://pastebin.com/embed_js/AAiCXCKq

ArmoryDb Log https://pastebin.com/embed_js/kAwHUz0A

Are you using Unity? If so, the menu bar is at the top of the screen.

Thanks for advice, will do it next time. Now it is synched. BTW. do I need to update to the  latest my cold off-line Armory?

What version is your offline signer?

homsts

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:22:16 PM

Any ideas?  Can't access my bitcoin since segwit.   Huh
You are missing several build steps. Follow the instructions at https://btcarmory.com/docs/building/

Thanks mate, that did it.

(My problem was that I was following the build steps at https://github.com/goatpig/BitcoinArmory/blob/master/linuxbuild/Linux_build_notes.md which seem to be missing pretty much all those other steps...)

It's up and running now.   Smiley

Actually, I think I spoke too soon...  Armory's been sitting with no progress on Preparing Databases and Scan Transaction History progress indicators for over 12 hours!

That can't be right...does anyone know if this is a known issue?  Thx!!
naska21

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:56:41 PM

What version is your offline signer?

0.96.1. RCA2. And one more question. Should  dbcache be set in bitcoin.conf to speed up synchronization? I have 16 Gb RAM. so arguably I can set dbcache=4000. Will it help?
endpoint25

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:10:21 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2017, 10:22:48 PM by endpoint25

I'm using Unity but I'm not talking about Unity's menu bar.

Armory has a menu bar with:

File, User, Tools, Addresses, Wallets, MultiSig, Help

That menu bar is not present on Armory on my offline machine although everything else is.

Maybe that's not called a menu bar? Am I using the wrong terminology? Are the pastebin files that I linked not working?

goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 12:48:44 AM

I'm using Unity but I'm not talking about Unity's menu bar.

Armory has a menu bar with:

File, User, Tools, Addresses, Wallets, MultiSig, Help

With Armory on focus, mouse over the "Unity menu bar", what do you see?

That menu bar is not present on Armory on my offline machine although everything else is.

Maybe that's not called a menu bar? Am I using the wrong terminology? Are the pastebin files that I linked not working?

They do not reveal anything pertaining to your issue.

goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 12:50:34 AM

0.96.1. RCA2.

You are fine

And one more question. Should  dbcache be set in bitcoin.conf to speed up synchronization? I have 16 Gb RAM. so arguably I can set dbcache=4000. Will it help?

If can afford to feed your node more RAM, you are better off. dbcache goes in bitcoin.conf indeed.

goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:42:33 AM

I tried out some segwit transactions and I can't send from those inputs anymore. I enter the password then it just goes back to the send screen. It doesn't seem to be logged.

I can't spend these https://imgur.com/GPWeTe3

I hope I didn't mess it up

What error are you getting?

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 02:44:54 AM

I tried out some segwit transactions and I can't send from those inputs anymore. I enter the password then it just goes back to the send screen. It doesn't seem to be logged.

I can't spend these https://imgur.com/GPWeTe3

I hope I didn't mess it up

What error are you getting?

Nothing, password window closes and send screen still up. I've tried restarting and rebuilding database.

This might be it

2017-08-30 19:37:43 (ERROR) -- Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ui\TxFrames.pyc", line 871, in createTxAndBroadcast
  File "armoryengine\Transaction.pyc", line 2633, in getSignedPyTx
  File "armoryengine\Transaction.pyc", line 2549, in verifySigsAllInputs
  File "armoryengine\Transaction.pyc", line 2661, in getSignedPyTx
  File "armoryengine\Transaction.pyc", line 672, in unserialize
UnserializeError

goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:49:13 AM

What is the version of your signer?

goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:57:07 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2017, 03:14:10 AM by goatpig

Your private keys are online? Get on freenode and pm me @goatpig, can't really have a chat on a forum.

Edit:

Ah, I see what you did wrong. You have to manually pick the C++ signer for it to work atm. Ugh, this is coming back to bite me in the ass, isn't it?

endpoint

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 12:46:05 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2017, 12:58:23 PM by endpoint

They do not reveal anything pertaining to your issue.

Thank you goatpig, I understand your answer now and everything is working as it should. I haven't used the Unity desktop except for this offline machine and am not finding it very intuitive. Sorry to bother you with a non-Armory problem.
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 12:15:08 AM

Thank you goatpig, I understand your answer now and everything is working as it should. I haven't used the Unity desktop except for this offline machine and am not finding it very intuitive. Sorry to bother you with a non-Armory problem.

You're not alone, everybody hates it afaik.

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 12:45:25 AM

When is the offline armory supposed to be used? I used to just use the same version in my offline machine. What's changed?

goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:13:16 AM

When is the offline armory supposed to be used? I used to just use the same version in my offline machine. What's changed?

Offline packages just mean the archives contains all the relevant dependencies to setup Armory on a fresh install of the target OS. The Windows 32bit offline package has no DB binary, so people still using that platform don't get the impression that Armory is now a thing on such setup.

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 03:31:48 AM

Offline packages just mean the archives contains all the relevant dependencies to setup Armory on a fresh install of the target OS. The Windows 32bit offline package has no DB binary, so people still using that platform don't get the impression that Armory is now a thing on such setup.

I get it now thanks.

PRab

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:51:36 AM

Upgraded, deleted old databases, and am now running without issue!
Mr.Vice

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:11:22 PM

Thanks for your hard work, Armory is running very smooth and efficient, but I'm still getting into a RPC connection loop with Armory 0.96.2 when bitcoind is too many blocks behind. Armory can't display via GUI the current state and every 5 sec. a connection established notification is thrown. As a work around I'm letting Core fully sync and start Armory afterwards.

Kind regards,
Mr.Vice
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 09:27:11 PM

0.96.1. RCA2.
You are fine
And one more question. Should  dbcache be set in bitcoin.conf to speed up synchronization? I have 16 Gb RAM. so arguably I can set dbcache=4000. Will it help?
If can afford to feed your node more RAM, you are better off. dbcache goes in bitcoin.conf indeed.

Would 8000 be "enough" for now or would you recommend more?

Edit:
Ah, I see what you did wrong. You have to manually pick the C++ signer for it to work atm. Ugh, this is coming back to bite me in the ass, isn't it?

How about a more visible sign like "C++ Signer - SegWit Compatible" or something like that?

calibra

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 09:50:40 PM

I am checking the new segwit feature, but something seems to be wrong.
If I try to send from a segwit address to a segwit address, the fees are higher than normal.  I set the fees for example to 80 S/B, and the calculated value will be 111 S/B.  With normal transactions this does not happen.  Why?
I made a screenshot.
https://i.imgur.com/xyp8UUq.png
And why cant it fetch the fees from the node?

Thanks
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: