Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:22:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ClearCoin: for safer bitcoin transactions  (Read 5112 times)
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 17, 2011, 09:27:37 PM

This is great!  The bitcoin community needed one and someone delivered. :-)
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 29, 2011, 02:02:59 AM

Does the payment, after I've released it from ClearCoin escrow, show the bitcoin address from my wallet as the origin?  Or does ClearCoin simply send from its wallet balance and thus there's no direct link between my address when I sent the funds to escrow and the payment after it was released from escrow?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 29, 2011, 02:14:43 AM

gavinandresen used it to send payment to me. I am not sure if that count.

Gavin Andresen (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 2216

Chief Scientist

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2011, 02:57:00 AM

Does the payment, after I've released it from ClearCoin escrow, show the bitcoin address from my wallet as the origin?  Or does ClearCoin simply send from its wallet balance and thus there's no direct link between my address when I sent the funds to escrow and the payment after it was released from escrow?

It sends it from the ClearCoin wallet.  It doesn't do anything special to try to 'mix' coins, though, so if you send ClearCoin exactly 11 bitcoins and then release exactly 11 it is pretty likely the transaction history would be easy to figure out.

Which reminds me... I released a new version of ClearCoin this week that lets you release an arbitrary amount.  So if you wanted to pay somebody 11 bitcoins but make it hard to figure out where the payment came from by looking at the transaction histories you could:

Fund the escrow account with, oh, I don't know, 20 bitcoins.
Release 11.
Let the escrow expire, and you'll be sent the leftover 9.

How often do you get the chance to work on a potentially world-changing project?
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 09, 2011, 03:47:57 PM

Cool, ClearCoin in Polish.
  http://clearcoin.appspot.com/pl

Any other languages that are (or will be) supported?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

AmpEater

Activity: 232
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2011, 01:24:33 PM

Clearcoin has failed to release my money to me.  The seller released funds, the release date came and went, still nothing.  No update to status page, still claiming I'll get my funds on the 25th.  It's the 26th

My email was answered - "I'm on vacation in France, and will be checking email less frequently.".....great
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2011, 09:48:18 PM

Clearcoin has failed to release my money to me.  The seller released funds, the release date came and went, still nothing.  No update to status page, still claiming I'll get my funds on the 25th.  It's the 26th

My email was answered - "I'm on vacation in France, and will be checking email less frequently.".....great

Hey was this ever resolved?

Quick question. Gavin, I noticed you said there was no arbitration. I'm about to do a huge trade with someone who wants to use clearcoin. I'll be selling Western Union $ for BTC. If I send you a copy of the WU receipt (or the original if it comes down to it) will you make a decision that the WU was received and release the BTC to me or the most you can do is hold the BTC for 1 year if the BTC seller disappears.

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: