Bitcoin Forum
July 15, 2024, 08:17:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AsRock H81 Pro BTC 2.0 PCI-e issue  (Read 470 times)
Pippuz96 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:55:49 AM

Hi everyone, I'm a new miner, I'm currently building my first mining rig using the motherboard ASRock H81 PRO BTC 2.0.
CPU: Intel G1840
4gb ram
PSU Corsair hx1200i
GPU: Galax GTX 1060
Everything is working fine but my pc cant recognise any GPU on my PCI express port number 4.
I'm using win 10 pro with latest Nvidia drivers, I also change pcie speed to gen 2 on my bios.
I tried switch card and risers but nothing happens.
If I put the GPU on pcie 5 it's working properly I don't understand why this problem.

Thanks
fittyshucker

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:05:05 AM

I got 6 running with simple miner, I could only get 4 out of 6 running with win 10.  Were you able to solve the problem?
cpmcgrat

Activity: 223
Merit: 21

DCAB

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:43:55 AM

I got 6 running with simple miner, I could only get 4 out of 6 running with win 10.  Were you able to solve the problem?

There's a few things that can go wrong when setting things up:

1) Bad risers. Be sure to order +20% more risers than you actually need. I generally see about a 20% failure incidence across risers. Also, when replacing a riser be sure to replace the whole thing, not just the PCB. Sometimes (rarely) the cables are bad.
2) Drivers not installing. On a few of my builds, the drivers did not install properly automatically. This can be solved by opening your Device Manager and looking for devices that pop up as having no drivers installed. I've seen GPUs listed as audio devices, video devices, etc. Then right click and manually install the driver. The way to validate that the rogue device is in fact a GPU is to remove the offending GPUs, reboot and see if the rogue devices are still listed.
3) Bad motherboard. Personally, across all of my builds, I have had no QC issues with H81 Pro BTC+. I would research the above 2 incidences heavily before considering this option.

Member, Dero Community Advisory Board (DCAB)
Undefined31415

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

Gone phishing...

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 08:14:13 AM

There's a few things that can go wrong when setting things up:

1) Bad risers. Be sure to order +20% more risers than you actually need. I generally see about a 20% failure incidence across risers. Also, when replacing a riser be sure to replace the whole thing, not just the PCB. Sometimes (rarely) the cables are bad.
2) Drivers not installing. On a few of my builds, the drivers did not install properly automatically. This can be solved by opening your Device Manager and looking for devices that pop up as having no drivers installed. I've seen GPUs listed as audio devices, video devices, etc. Then right click and manually install the driver. The way to validate that the rogue device is in fact a GPU is to remove the offending GPUs, reboot and see if the rogue devices are still listed.
3) Bad motherboard. Personally, across all of my builds, I have had no QC issues with H81 Pro BTC+. I would research the above 2 incidences heavily before considering this option.

If the rig works with a different OS, the problem is typically not an issue with the hardware, so I would put 1 & 3 much further down on the list.

@fittyshucker, Have you looked at your BIOS settings?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
elissa

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:12:17 AM

Try to change some settings in bios in order to redirect motherboard capacity toward mining. Also an update of the bios is helpfull.
Then try to uninstal and reinstall the driver. You may get a lot of problems because of it during the time.
Plus, I am not sure, but the 4 gb ram might be a I problem. Ask the people who know for sure. I also had problems but when I switched to 8 gb it worked.
tpd09

Activity: 287
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:45:12 AM

I would try the following:

play around with risers and cables

if that wont work

1. Use DDU to uninstall the nvidia drivers
2. Install the new drivers using one card from device manager
3. Shut down PC
3. Plug in all cards and let windows do its recognition work (may take up to an hour). Also check if all cards are seen under unknown devices.

if that wont work

1. Reset you MOBO bios
2. Update bios and drivers from the asrock website

check this video out for more info
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McenUxm9v8Y

then if the above wont help -

ask for MOBO replacement

POD5

Activity: 250
Merit: 10

Keep smiling if you're loosing!

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:12:12 AM

Do you also know, why a H81 Pro BTC mainboard does constantly a sound like "piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii"?
The OS was properly installed and everything seems to be working properly.
The message ""please install the psu's 4-pin power cables" also appears, but I heard it can be
confirmed with N key.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: