Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 04:10:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Less Volatility Is Needed?  (Read 1853 times)
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:34:29 AM

less ? nooo. We need High volatility because that's one of the reason why there's a lot of new investors in bitcoin. remember high demand is equals to high price of bitcoin. so if there's a big dump many people would buy bitcoin and that's the demand so it will enter the economy that make the price of bitcoin to go high. bitcoin is popular and also known because of it's volatility.
I am not so sure if volatility attracts investors.
As an investor, I want my money to grow. Not to see it change its worth up and down every day. Volatility means uncertainty as well.
When I look at the stock market, whenever there is uncertainty for a specific stock, the price goes down because a part of the investors sell.
I think that the volatility only attracts traders. Sure, they bring money into the market as well. But as quickly as they deposit it, they withdraw it again.

bitcoin price is not really "uncertain" any more. it has actually been moving up and down pretty logically for at least 2 years and probably even more. the fact that you sometimes don't understand why it is moving in a direction or is volatile doesn't mean it has no reason and it certainly doesn't mean it was "uncertain".

and as long as it is predictable you can say volatility is good for traders because they can make the most profit out of a market like this. and bitcoin makes profit easier because you can be sure that even if you made a mistake and bought too late the price will recover and you will be in profit eventually.

Only Bitcoin
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:23:23 AM

less ? nooo. We need High volatility because that's one of the reason why there's a lot of new investors in bitcoin. remember high demand is equals to high price of bitcoin. so if there's a big dump many people would buy bitcoin and that's the demand so it will enter the economy that make the price of bitcoin to go high. bitcoin is popular and also known because of it's volatility.
As an investor, I want my money to grow. Not to see it change its worth up and down every day. Volatility means uncertainty as well.
When I look at the stock market, whenever there is uncertainty for a specific stock, the price goes down because a part of the investors sell.
I think that the volatility only attracts traders. Sure, they bring money into the market as well. But as quickly as they deposit it, they withdraw it again.

If you invested at the beginning of the year then you made great profits, bitcoin could lose half its price and you will still have profits that no bank or other investment in the world can give, to me that is more than enough of a reason to like the volatility in bitcoin.
nidacoinlove

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:07:00 AM

If you invested at the beginning of the year then you made great profits, bitcoin could lose half its price and you will still have profits that no bank or other investment in the world can give, to me that is more than enough of a reason to like the volatility in bitcoin.
Yeah I  agree I wish I was one of those who have hold bitcoin from the year beginning but unfortunately I am not. But I am still happy that I have bitcoin which I am gonna hold.
The volatility of bitcoin price is an issue and problem for many people but honesty I like it and I see it as a beautiful feature of bitcoin. This is what makes the bitcoin market attractive to the people to get a chance to buy bitcoin again and again and also to many new people who want to get bitcoin. I think the bitcoin price will now remain above  $4000 till the end of this year.
iamTom123 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:41:56 AM

I am not so sure if volatility attracts investors. As an investor, I want my money to grow. Not to see it change its worth up and down every day. Volatility means uncertainty as well. When I look at the stock market, whenever there is uncertainty for a specific stock, the price goes down because a part of the investors sell. I think that the volatility only attracts traders. Sure, they bring money into the market as well. But as quickly as they deposit it, they withdraw it again.

This is another side of the story which many in the cryptocurrency sometimes overlook in view of the excitement caused by sudden surge in value of any digital currency. Sure, as speculators, we can get on the edge watching Bitcoin jumping from one position into another and this kind of movement can really attract more players and then there is some sort of a frenzy until there is the needed correction. In the stock market, they call this as hot money...money that is just taking advantage of a temporary upsurge or growth and then it immediately left at any sign of going down. Though we really have to admit that tinkering with this set-up can bring on more problems. We are in an open market and so we can not stop anyone from participating in the market and make some money in the process. We are always motivated by money, of course.
ButtCrack

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:02:26 AM

Actually when you are a trader in the crypto market, making a profit 10% per day with small funds is possible is normal, even it very easy for traders have experience. Only that, this profits can pass the profits from save your money in bank Cool

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
TOKEN-SALE : Apr 16 2018
     DAICO :       May 16 2018

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:11:23 AM

Actually when you are a trader in the crypto market, making a profit 10% per day with small funds is possible is normal, even it very easy for traders have experience. Only that, this profits can pass the profits from save your money in bank Cool
You are right that traders make a lot of profit from crypto market but even if that is the case bitcoin still needs to be less volatile as the title stated otherwise it wouldn't be a part of the mainstream financial system. It won't also be adopted by a greater part of the global population if bitcoin continues to be this volatile because if it is very volatile, most of the users that use btc would just use it for speculation not for its original purpose.
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 06:15:56 AM

The only problem the volatility causes is for businesses that accept bitcoin as a payment but need to convert to fiat to pay their suppliers. A sudden fall in price can leave them making a loss, so they can only operate if they can quickly exchange income. If the price keeps increasing and therefore the market capitalisation increases then volatility will decrease at the same time as the same amount of trading will be a smaller part of the overall value. So yes for it to become a mainstream currency volatility does need to reduce, but if it's successful, then that will naturally happen.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
coinzoid

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 07:24:48 AM

As stated above such frequent volatility could be problem for vendors/sellers. Assume you want to buy a car using Bitcoin. Seller supports this feature targeting converting Bitcoin to fiat as soon as they receive transaction from your end. But rapid price fall can cause them loss. To avoid such issues, they will try to add more commission which can make buying and selling using bitcoin pointless.
TipMePlz

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 07:26:43 AM

As stated above such frequent volatility could be problem for vendors/sellers. Assume you want to buy a car using Bitcoin. Seller supports this feature targeting converting Bitcoin to fiat as soon as they receive transaction from your end. But rapid price fall can cause them loss. To avoid such issues, they will try to add more commission which can make buying and selling using bitcoin pointless.

For vendors yes, but for traders is a very good oportunity to make profit. If you have been buying/selling BTC inside an exchanger in the past 24hs you may be able to earn a couple of hundreds, so is not that bad at all.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 08:28:17 AM

The volatility is a joke. It makes Bitcoin look like a sh!tcoin that is constantly pumped and dumped by whales.
10% moves in a day are standard, that cannot be if Bitcoin actually wants to be used seriously.

I thought that by now, with such a high market cap, that the volatility would be greatly reduced, but if anything it is worse than ever!
I look at the price, it is $4400, I look back 10 mins later, it is $4050!  What has happened I think, oh nothing, it's just Bitcoin.  When the 10% moves become 1% moves, I'll be happy.
machinek20

Merit: 501

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:23:29 PM

Volatility is something common because bitcoin is decentralized and volatility is the one that makes the traders got profit, but if the volatility is too high, it will be hard to be adopted and sometimes the the bitcoin volatility is too high and people become hesitates to used it for transaction, less volatility will be good for bitcoin to be accepted as transaction currency
fanbeila

Activity: 714

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:55:50 PM

Bitcoin being a decentralized currency,volatility is its basic nature.As there is no central authority to control the bitcoin price,its price usually fluctuates.Bitcoin exhibits its original value.Bitcoin's price increases or decreases with increase or decrease in demand for bitcoin.Its the biggest issue for which retailers do not come forward to accept bitcoin as payment.But we saw in japan after bitcoin legalization,retailers just left the volatility issue and came forward to accept bitcoin.So,in future,if bitcoin gets legalized,volatility would not be an issue for retailers.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bitpeepcom

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:55:21 PM

The volatility is a joke. It makes Bitcoin look like a sh!tcoin that is constantly pumped and dumped by whales.
10% moves in a day are standard, that cannot be if Bitcoin actually wants to be used seriously.

I thought that by now, with such a high market cap, that the volatility would be greatly reduced, but if anything it is worse than ever!
I look at the price, it is $4400, I look back 10 mins later, it is $4050!  What has happened I think, oh nothing, it's just Bitcoin.  When the 10% moves become 1% moves, I'll be happy.

I don't think we will see stabilization within 1% range anytime soon.
Armstand

Activity: 626

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:22:28 PM

Bitcoin being a decentralized currency,volatility is its basic nature.As there is no central authority to control the bitcoin price,its price usually fluctuates.Bitcoin exhibits its original value.Bitcoin's price increases or decreases with increase or decrease in demand for bitcoin.Its the biggest issue for which retailers do not come forward to accept bitcoin as payment.But we saw in japan after bitcoin legalization,retailers just left the volatility issue and came forward to accept bitcoin.So,in future,if bitcoin gets legalized,volatility would not be an issue for retailers.
Being decentralized makes btc known, if it became stable there were no thrill on it,it will be like a noral coin so let's just learn to adopt it's volatility, it's the risk we need to face to wait when it vaues pump.
edmond_dantes

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:38:41 PM

still going to be a long time before bitcoin becomes less volatile so much speculation on how high the price can go

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
Ab-Soul

Activity: 647

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:44:50 PM

Not necessarily. Bitcoin can still be mainstream with all this rollercoaster moves. Every day new people join, newspapers write it, tv programs show it, Bitcoin is already in the beginning of mainstream phase. Volatility is a part of this business. If more people buy Bitcoin then we can see less volatile market. It's not need, it's conclusion.

▄██▄
          ▄██▀▀██▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██▄
      ▄██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▄
    ▄██▀  ▄██▀▀██▄  ▀██▄
  ▄██▀  ▄██▀    ▀██▄  ▀██▄
▄██▀  ▄██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▄  ▀██▄
▀██▄▄██▀  ▄██▀▀██▄  ▀██▄▄██▀
  ███▀  ▄██▀    ▀██▄  ▀███
▄██▀▀████▀        ▀████▀▀██▄
▀██▄▄████▄        ▄████▄▄██▀
  ███▄  ▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▄███
▄██▀▀██▄  ▀██▄▄██▀  ▄██▀▀██▄
▀██▄  ▀██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▀  ▄██▀
  ▀██▄  ▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▄██▀
    ▀██▄  ▀██▄▄██▀  ▄██▀
      ▀██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██▀
          ▀██▄▄██▀
            ▀██▀
DAOstack
     ██
    ██
   ██ 
  ██  ███
 ██  █████
██  ███████
 ██  █████
  ██  ███
   ██ 
    ██
     ██
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ◆ ◆ ◆  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
.COMPLETE TOOLS FOR DECENTRALIZED COLLABORATION AT SCALE.

██
     ██
   █  ██
  ███  ██
 █████  ██
███████  ██
 █████  ██
  ███  ██
   █  ██
     ██
    ██

▄███▄
▄███████▄
▄███████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▄████     █▀████████▄
▄██████  ██ █  ▀████████▄
▄████████  ▄▄ █    ▀████████▄
▄██████████  ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▄
▀██████████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀
▀██████  ▀▀▀▀▀     █████▀
▀████            ███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀███████████▀
▀███████▀
▀███▀

▄███▄
▄███████▄
▄███████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▄█████████████▀▀▀███▄
▄█████████▀▀▀      █████▄
▄█████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████▄
▄████▄         ▄█▀    ██████████▄
▀███████▄    ▄█▀      ██████████▀
▀████████▄█▀       █████████▀
▀████████  ▄     ███████▀
▀██████ ███▄  ██████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀███████████▀
▀███████▀
▀███▀
▄███▄
▄███████▄
▄███████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀████▄
▄████ ▀███████     ▀▄███▄
▄██████   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄██████▄
▄█████████              ████████▄
████████████             ██████████
▀███████████▄          █████████▀
▀█████████▀        ▄████████▀
▀███▀▀        ▄▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀███████████▀
▀███████▀
▀███▀
traderethereum

Activity: 2912
Merit: 574

Vave.com - Crypto Casino

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 03:17:36 PM

I read somewhere that someone suggested that Bitcoin should have less volatility if it wants to be part of the mainstream financial system or be adopted by a greater part of the global population. The logic is that if there is too much volatility, the  would be less demand for Bitcoin.

Volatility has been identified as one of the most important barriers to its global adoption (though right now there is no question that Bitcoin is getting popular every day!) especially on the side of the merchants or business entities.

Now, we know that volatility can be minimized once more and more Bitcoin holders would be looking at Bitcoin more as a currency than a commodity but right now this is not yet happening because as the value of Bitcoin is rising we all become speculators.

Is volatility a thing we have to accept as a normal thing as far as Bitcoin is concerned?

i am accepting bitcoin volatility as a normal thing because if we talk about economic law, then its should related with supply and demand. and if supply is less than demand, then the price will be up and vice versa. but if bitcoin is accepting in many country and each people have bitcoin, i think the volatility can be less because bitcoin will be something that a "must have" for them like the money. maybe if we are in this situation, then we can see bitcoin price is not always change the price and maybe it will be sideway for a long time like for example if halving is come that will make the price is down a little and then going to go up.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████            ██████
 █████            █████
  █████          █████
   █████        █████
 ████████      ████████
  ████████    ████████
      █████  █████ 
    ████████████████
    ████████████████
        ████████   
         ██████     
          ████     
           ██         
AVE.COM | BRANDNEW CRYPTO
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀.. CASINO & BETTING PLATFORM
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
🏆🎁
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████   ████████████████   ██████
..PLAY NOW..
██████   ███████████████████   █████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
bitbunnny
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1068

WOLF.BET - Provably Fair Crypto Casino

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:33:06 PM

I'm afraid Bitcoin volatility is something that you can't avoid and can't influence on so the best thing to do is to accept it. Afterall, on volatility traders make their profit so what would Bitcoin be without volatility. Some users don't like that and think that volatility and pumps and dumps are arranged by whales but I think this is not true, it's simply how Bitcoin technology is functioning.

The_Dark_Knight

Merit: 502

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:02:41 PM

Yeah I  agree I wish I was one of those who have hold bitcoin from the year beginning but unfortunately I am not. But I am still happy that I have bitcoin which I am gonna hold.
The volatility of bitcoin price is an issue and problem for many people but honesty I like it and I see it as a beautiful feature of bitcoin. This is what makes the bitcoin market attractive to the people to get a chance to buy bitcoin again and again and also to many new people who want to get bitcoin. I think the bitcoin price will now remain above  $4000 till the end of this year.
Do not worry maybe you lost the profits of the beginning of the year but if you keep holding you are going to be able to get the profits of the next yearn and of all the yeas in which you keep holding, the longer you hold the better your results that is why it is common to recommend to other people to hold for as long as possible.
Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:29:26 PM

Volatility is needed for exponential growth.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: