Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:09:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are some good exchanges to trade on?  (Read 457 times)
greyworld (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 03:35:53 AM

Hello, I'm considering other exchanges than Bittrex to trade on.  They are simply over-run with bots, and I don't think they care because of how profitable the bots are for them.  So that will never change.

Does anyone have any exchanges they would suggest?  Ideally ones with the least of a bot problem, maybe one of them identifies orders that come from bots?  That would be ok, or even better, one that bans them outright.

Thanks.

'¸ __ ¸*ˆ * ·¸ ____ ¸*ˆ*· ¸ ______________________ ¸ ·*ˆ*¸ ____ ¸· * ˆ*¸ __ ¸'
. `·.,¸¸,.' .CKPOOL.ORG - Zero Fee Anonymous Bitcoin Mining Pool´ . . . '.,¸¸,.·´ .
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ `·.,¸¸,' ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ',¸¸,.·´ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LakeBTC

Activity: 903
Merit: 1000

LakeBTC.com

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 03:54:04 AM

LakeBTC.com has been around since 2013. We have 10 million user accounts created from 162 countries. We are perhaps the only major platform without stolen coins, security scandals or flash crashes. We're currently number 21 in the world in terms of trading volume on coinmarketcap. Our platform is proven to be robust, trustworthy and reliable.

Right now LakeBTC is spinning off its LakeBanker system and launching a Token Sale. The LakeBanker "Crowd-Banking" system has been operating sucessfully in Beta for 1.5 years. Check out our ANN thread here.

LakeBanker: Free Banking for the World     LakeBanker.com   Token Sale. Participate Now!
greyworld (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:01:56 AM

LakeBTC.com has been around since 2013. We have 10 million user accounts created from 162 countries. We are perhaps the only major platform without stolen coins, security scandals or flash crashes. We're currently number 21 in the world in terms of trading volume on coinmarketcap. Our platform is proven to be robust, trustworthy and reliable.

Right now LakeBTC is spinning off its LakeBanker system and launching a Token Sale. The LakeBanker "Crowd-Banking" system has been operating sucessfully in Beta for 1.5 years. Check out our ANN thread here.

Thanks for the response.

Does LakeBTC have a Soap/Rest API someone could place orders with?

. `·.,¸¸,.' .CKPOOL.ORG - Zero Fee Anonymous Bitcoin Mining Pool´ . . . '.,¸¸,.·´ .
hous26

Activity: 462
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:07:59 AM

GDAX, Coinbase, Poloniex, Bittrex and Cryptopia all seem like decent exchanges.  I use Gdax and Coinbase to convert fiat to crypto and use the other three as exchanges when I want to spend the BTC/Eth that I bought.
greyworld (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:10:25 AM

GDAX, Coinbase, Poloniex, Bittrex and Cryptopia all seem like decent exchanges.  I use Gdax and Coinbase to convert fiat to crypto and use the other three as exchanges when I want to spend the BTC/Eth that I bought.

Cool, thanks.  I use Coinbase and Bittrex now, but I feel Bittrex has too many bots and those bots manipulate the coin prices so I'm trying to find an exchange that either does not have bots, has less bots, or takes some action to reduce the negative influence of them.

I'll check those other ones out, thanks for the suggestions.

Lumining

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:15:51 AM

For my first exchange, I chose Kraken because I'm located in Europe and they have a german bank account where I can send my money to. This gives me a much safer feeling than sending money overseas.
But soon Poloniex and Bittrex followed because Kraken does not list a lot of coins.
Only a few days ago I also signed up for NovaExchange because of the huge DeepOnion boom going on right now. You can follow the link in my signature if you want to learn more about it.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
LakeBTC

Activity: 903
Merit: 1000

LakeBTC.com

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 05:35:38 AM

Thanks for the response.

Does LakeBTC have a Soap/Rest API someone could place orders with?

We have a rest API.

LakeBanker: Free Banking for the World     LakeBanker.com   Token Sale. Participate Now!
michietn94
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:54:03 AM

If I were, just using liqui, bittrex and cryptopia.
I enjoy trade there because I've never had a problem with deposits or withdrawals. everything went smoothly as expected.

FANSUNITE

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:28:36 PM

Try HitBTC - it has a LOT of coins, more than bittrex or Poloniex, which means you get a lot more choice about what to trade.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
birr

Activity: 869
Merit: 585

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 03:27:37 PM

I joined LakeBTC in 2104.  I haven't used it for at least two years.  I went back on the site this morning to look around and see if maybe it would be worth trading there; but I couldn't find the order book!
LakeBTC, do you still operate an exchange where I can put in an limit order or a market order?  And if so, where is the order book?
MMysterious

Activity: 972
Merit: 255

Bear season or just the beginning

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:34:27 PM

I was going to suggest Poloniex but I think there are a lot of issues thrown at them about their withdrawal. I'm not really sure if its true though but I just read most of them here in this forum but mine did work fine though on my end. But I rarely transfer an altcoin to another exchange site, I mostly transfer btc to make sure I get the coin and yes Bittrex would be one if the most recommended exchange site too.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 05:04:18 PM

Cryptopia is the best when it comes to fair trading and withdrawal fee is the least after polo (0.0008 BTC). Trading volume is not captured by bots while bittrex and yobit are often attacked by bot traders. Hitbtc is the current exchange where most big currencies are listed on but their fee is quite high while trading in altcoins. Liqui should be the next option but they delay withdrawals at times; the trading volume is fair and stable.

greyworld (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:15:30 PM

We have a rest API.

Then I'll have to pass for now, I'm trying to find an exchange that does not.

I made a suggestion to Bittrex recently, they did not like it but maybe you'll give it some thought:

Indicate, visually, which orders originate from API for human buyers and sellers.  So if they see a coin is infested with 99.5% bots, they can avoid that coin since it is a well orchestrated scam.

If you implement something like that, I'll give LakeBTC a try.

Bot-based coin price manipulation is killing the market, and the coins.  Sure it creates short term profits for the exchanges because there's so many trading fees, but long term you're shorting yourself by embracing things like that.

You may want to read this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2134345.0

Exchanges run the risk of being entirely removed from the equation.  You could protect yourself from this growing threat by getting out ahead of it.  If you can say 'LakeBTC is taking a strong stand against bots manipulating coin prices', coin developers and human traders will support that.  The profits will easily eclipse whatever chump change the bots are producing for you now.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: