Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:39:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Slient hardware (Stickminers)  (Read 789 times)
TheMrMiner (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:24:03 AM

Hello friends, I hope you are doing well.

I want to start mining at home, and I'm in need of your help.
I need slient hardware to begin with, like stickminers, that are efficient.
Some details about the hardware, the price and the payment method.

any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
wavelengthsf

Activity: 658
Merit: 118

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:18:13 PM

See the reply here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2134900.0

Only Sidehack is still making USB stick miners with modern chips. You'll probably pay between $75 - $100 for one from a reseller. It'll get around 15gh/s. If you want the equivalent of an Avalon, you'll need about 45 of them.

Another option is to get an R4 from Bitmain - this is relatively silent, but hard to find and more expensive. Expect around 7.5 TH/s  Between $3,000 - $4,000 on eBay.

Finally, you could get an S7LN from Bitmain. That'll be less powerful, but it can be undervolted to run almost silent as well. It'll only pull 2 or so TH/s. I've seen them as low as $500 on eBay, but with the upwards price they're getting to be around $800.

If you are price sensitive, you want the most dollars per TH/s.

sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1849

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:54:50 PM

$75-100 is approximately highway robbery, just throwing that out there, but resellers set their own prices.

S7-LN is probably going to be more reliable than an R4 also. Their bundled PSUs are kinda cheap, but I haven't heard any failure issues with the miner itself and almost nothing but failure issues with the R4.

Pretty great that the S7-LN sold for around $400 new shipped a year ago. I tried working out a deal with a guy a year ago to buy up retired S7s for around $300 and undervolt them but it didn't seem feasible. What are they selling for now?

I'm working on a small quiet miner, not ready yet but I should be mass-producing with plenty of time for Christmas. The form-factor will eventually be made with 16nm chips, as soon as I get some time for R&D. Won't be silent, but should be pretty quiet and a lot more cost-effective than a stick miner.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
wavelengthsf

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:49:39 PM

S7-LN is probably going to be more reliable than an R4 also. Their bundled PSUs are kinda cheap, but I haven't heard any failure issues with the miner itself and almost nothing but failure issues with the R4.

Pretty great that the S7-LN sold for around $400 new shipped a year ago. I tried working out a deal with a guy a year ago to buy up retired S7s for around $300 and undervolt them but it didn't seem feasible. What are they selling for now?

I'm seeing $500 - $800 on eBay/Amazon for an S7-LN, with the price increasing the in the last few weeks.

Can't wait for your new miner for Christmas, I'm sure you'll be hit with a ton of orders.
jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2105
Merit: 1397

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 03:59:08 PM

Hello friends, I hope you are doing well.

I want to start mining at home, and I'm in need of your help.
I need slient hardware to begin with, like stickminers, that are efficient.
Some details about the hardware, the price and the payment method.

any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Check out my Moonlander 2 USB project. Pretty much the most efficient, and cost effective miner for under 60 USD in production right now Cheesy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 2549

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:01:00 PM

<snip> I tried working out a deal with a guy a year ago to buy up retired S7s for around $300 and undervolt them but it didn't seem feasible. What are they selling for now?
pm sent. Mine could use a new home...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
TheMrMiner (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:06:27 AM

Thanks my friends for your comments and replies I realy apreciate it.

Based on your experience,
What is the average of profits using 2 Stickminers
example: GekkoScience 2Pac BM1384
for 1 month, excluding the power ?

Thanks.
wavelengthsf

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:28:25 AM

Thanks my friends for your comments and replies I realy apreciate it.

Based on your experience,
What is the average of profits using 2 Stickminers
example: GekkoScience 2Pac BM1384
for 1 month, excluding the power ?

Thanks.

You will get around $1 USD (0.00025481 BTC) a month not counting power. This is not a device you buy for profits, more for lottery mining or learning about it.

TheMrMiner (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:37:45 AM

Thanks Brother
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 08:11:19 PM

See the reply here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2134900.0

Only Sidehack is still making USB stick miners with modern chips. You'll probably pay between $75 - $100 for one from a reseller. It'll get around 15gh/s. If you want the equivalent of an Avalon, you'll need about 45 of them.

Another option is to get an R4 from Bitmain - this is relatively silent, but hard to find and more expensive. Expect around 7.5 TH/s  Between $3,000 - $4,000 on eBay.

Finally, you could get an S7LN from Bitmain. That'll be less powerful, but it can be undervolted to run almost silent as well. It'll only pull 2 or so TH/s. I've seen them as low as $500 on eBay, but with the upwards price they're getting to be around $800.

If you are price sensitive, you want the most dollars per TH/s.

Or look into an altcoin option - Futurebit Moonlander v.2 is in preorder and should start shipping pretty soon.

Be warned though - ANY "stickminer" is unlikely to achieve full ROI before it goes obsolete, though the Litecoin based ones tended to have a longer lifespan as profitable devices and might manage it EVENTUALLY.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: