Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:03:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin value crash if North Korea goes to war with Japan  (Read 4290 times)
LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:19:44 PM

Hey guys. With North Korea sending one of their bombs flying over the island of Japan it made me realize what happens to the value of Bitcoin if a war breaks out.

If North Korea attacks Japan will it send the value of Bitcoin crashing down or will the opposite happen? 

Let me just also clarify that I do not wish for a war and hope the value goes up in a peaceful environment.

I don't think it will affect the price of bitcoin too much. Unless the war ensues for a long time and it would affect the whole world, probably it will likely just affect it slightly. Also if it does happen, I don't think Japanese exchange will stop functioning but there would be probably mass fear and people withdrawing their coins. Since Japan does not constitute majority of all traded bitcoins then I don't think it would affect it too much.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:53:21 PM

War is not what we want. Everyone wants to live in peace and happiness. Of course if there is a war then the economic conditions in the world will be destroyed because investors are afraid to save money, they would prefer to save his property in the form of gold and diamonds. That also happens to bitcoin, the financial system will surely fall and also uncontrollable. This is a nightmare, war is a nightmare for all aspects of life. Only a fool would want a war to happen.
salihno71

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:08:01 PM

I think war between NK and Japan is quite unlikely to happen. NK is just flexing its muscles frighten potential invaders. They might be a bit crazy but probably very well aware what would happen to them if they would launch an attack against anyone around them.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:18:56 PM

NoKor doesn't have any significant impact on economics anywhere in the world,

It certainly does if they start dropping bombs on Seoul. Markets don't like uncertainty, let alone millions of mangled Koreans. With Donny in charge let's hope his generals drop a chandelier on his head before he starts feeling slighted.
sanjeevtalks (OP)

Activity: 222
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 05:28:57 PM

Hey guys. With North Korea sending one of their bombs flying over the island of Japan it made me realize what happens to the value of Bitcoin if a war breaks out.

If North Korea attacks Japan will it send the value of Bitcoin crashing down or will the opposite happen? 

Let me just also clarify that I do not wish for a war and hope the value goes up in a peaceful environment.

I don't think it will affect the price of bitcoin too much. Unless the war ensues for a long time and it would affect the whole world, probably it will likely just affect it slightly. Also if it does happen, I don't think Japanese exchange will stop functioning but there would be probably mass fear and people withdrawing their coins. Since Japan does not constitute majority of all traded bitcoins then I don't think it would affect it too much.
That's a valid point. If Japs had more coins then it would create a huge impact.
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:34:12 PM

Hello there! I haven't seen an open war in my whole life but I think Bitcoins will suffer. The war won't just remain between two countries.

It would break out between different countries. Destruction on such a large scale would just cause chaos all over the world and the value will actually rise because the demand of BTCs will definitely increase. But the other point is would the governments then accept BTCs?
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:51:29 PM

Hello there! I haven't seen an open war in my whole life but I think Bitcoins will suffer. The war won't just remain between two countries.

It would break out between different countries. Destruction on such a large scale would just cause chaos all over the world and the value will actually rise because the demand of BTCs will definitely increase. But the other point is would the governments then accept BTCs?

Bro actually North Korea tested a nuclear launcher to Pacific I hope so and it cross over the Japan and tested in ocean. Henceforth they have given earning to the north Korean government that was issue ran about. So it will never explode in any form. So don't care about the do earning bitcoin without any worry this issue at all.
zopply

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:10:51 PM

Than why fire them over Japan if they are to protect themselves. Could fire them into the ocean and not over a neighboring country.

NK won't attack anyone. Just wants to call Donnie Dumb's bluff. And it's working.

NK wants nukes to protect itself, not to attack some other country first.

▼ DarkPayCoin - [100% community governed and built]
[-] Website  [-] ANN Thread  [-] Discord  [-] Twitter  [-] Telegram
\ HIGH ROI, Low supply / - \ A privacy focused MN/PoS coin /
Cormoran

Activity: 61

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:23:40 PM

War is not what we want. Everyone wants to live in peace and happiness. Of course if there is a war then the economic conditions in the world will be destroyed because investors are afraid to save money, they would prefer to save his property in the form of gold and diamonds. That also happens to bitcoin, the financial system will surely fall and also uncontrollable. This is a nightmare, war is a nightmare for all aspects of life. Only a fool would want a war to happen.

I expect there are a few people who are shorting the South Korean won, who would definitely want war to break out. If North Korea makes an outright hostile move against another nation, it will likely be met by disabling strikes from the military of all the nearby nations. Kim Jong Un, in a last-ditch effort to retain power in North Korea even if nowhere else, would respond by doing his best to flatten Seoul. He'd probably manage to destroy a decent portion of the city, which would have disastrous effects on the won - it's already wavered a bit lately with all the tension.

That being said, I also think it's unlikely. Kim Jong Un is no madman, and he'd have to be to actually launch an attack first. Trump is also no madman, despite appearances, and he knows he's close to being impeached already. If he loses the support of the rest of the country by starting WW3 with a pre-emptive strike on North Korea, even after every world government has announced that they will not support the US in that situation, he'd be gone as near instantly as things can ever happen with big government; probably a week or two at most. He's already got a pretty substantial case built against him for obstruction of justice, which will only be averted by the fact that Republicans control the entire government and can ignore anything they find inconvenient - and don't get me wrong, Democrats can, and do, ignore everything they find inconvenient most of the time as well. I'm a moderate myself, and simply expressing frustration with the fact that our government is a loud, partisan nightmare that can't legislate its way out of a paper bag.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:28:15 PM

Not just with bitcoin but that is the start of economic fall. Once Nokor do some shit actions against Japan, it's not just between the two countries and eventually other countries will involved too. There is no economic rise during an ongoing global war so bitcoin is included to that.

But in reality, NoKor is just full of talks. As if they are the only who are having a big weapon without realizing that Allied countries also have one.
sanjeevtalks (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 12:15:42 AM

I expect there are a few people who are shorting the South Korean won, who would definitely want war to break out. If North Korea makes an outright hostile move against another nation, it will likely be met by disabling strikes from the military of all the nearby nations. Kim Jong Un, in a last-ditch effort to retain power in North Korea even if nowhere else, would respond by doing his best to flatten Seoul. He'd probably manage to destroy a decent portion of the city, which would have disastrous effects on the won - it's already wavered a bit lately with all the tension.

That being said, I also think it's unlikely. Kim Jong Un is no madman, and he'd have to be to actually launch an attack first. Trump is also no madman, despite appearances, and he knows he's close to being impeached already. If he loses the support of the rest of the country by starting WW3 with a pre-emptive strike on North Korea, even after every world government has announced that they will not support the US in that situation, he'd be gone as near instantly as things can ever happen with big government; probably a week or two at most. He's already got a pretty substantial case built against him for obstruction of justice, which will only be averted by the fact that Republicans control the entire government and can ignore anything they find inconvenient - and don't get me wrong, Democrats can, and do, ignore everything they find inconvenient most of the time as well. I'm a moderate myself, and simply expressing frustration with the fact that our government is a loud, partisan nightmare that can't legislate its way out of a paper bag.
What's your opinion on whether bitcoin would lose value or not in case a war broke out?
SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 03:40:24 AM

IMO, its safer if they put their wealth incase they both go to war cause btc is pegged in usd. If its world war maybe btc will crash cause certainly the internet would be cut off.
sanjeevtalks (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 04:00:24 AM

IMO, its safer if they put their wealth incase they both go to war cause btc is pegged in usd. If its world war maybe btc will crash cause certainly the internet would be cut off.
Any transgression from NorKor will invite USA. USA has been looking for an opportunity to shut them up. That IMO will bring the value down. How much I don't know yet.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 2148

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 04:02:09 AM

such a war would escalate pretty fast. With china, russia, south korea and japan, such a conflict could lead to a world war pretty fast. I think such events have the same effect on the bitcoin price as on gold. it's value would increase.

but it will also have some unpredictable effects. Will there be enough electrical and hash power to keep the blockchain alive? how difficult would it be to buy something with bitcoin and would it be possible to exchange bitcoin for fiat?

I seriously doubt China and Russia would go to war with USA over North Korea. But it would cause a serious damage to the region, so North Korea will probably not get attacked unless they attack first. In event of real WW3 Bitcoin may go down, since people would be scared to hold something that may become useless in case of nuclear war, but a regional conflict might only boost Bitcoin, since it serves as a hedge against fiat currency and its economy.
sanjeevtalks (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 04:12:46 AM

such a war would escalate pretty fast. With china, russia, south korea and japan, such a conflict could lead to a world war pretty fast. I think such events have the same effect on the bitcoin price as on gold. it's value would increase.

but it will also have some unpredictable effects. Will there be enough electrical and hash power to keep the blockchain alive? how difficult would it be to buy something with bitcoin and would it be possible to exchange bitcoin for fiat?

I seriously doubt China and Russia would go to war with USA over North Korea. But it would cause a serious damage to the region, so North Korea will probably not get attacked unless they attack first. In event of real WW3 Bitcoin may go down, since people would be scared to hold something that may become useless in case of nuclear war, but a regional conflict might only boost Bitcoin, since it serves as a hedge against fiat currency and its economy.
I think I have to agree with your point. A full scale war would impact Bitcoin's value since people would panic and start picking up physical goods for sometime.
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 05:22:51 AM

Hey guys. With North Korea sending one of their bombs flying over the island of Japan it made me realize what happens to the value of Bitcoin if a war breaks out. If North Korea attacks Japan will it send the value of Bitcoin crashing down or will the opposite happen? Let me just also clarify that I do not wish for a war and hope the value goes up in a peaceful environment.

The recent war of words between North Korea and the USA actually was one of the many reasons why Bitcoin got some surge on that week when the exchange of verbal threats occurred. In other words, when there can be a major war or a conflict there is a tendency that many people would park their assets or money into Bitcoin.

However, since your scenario involves North Korea and Japan, there can be some chilling effect on Bitcoin all because we know that Japan is now a big leader for Bitcoin. The demand in Japan for Bitcoin is one of the many factors why Bitcoin continues to enjoy a good value (and it is rising right now) and once this demand can be gone or lessened then there is a possibility that the market can be reacting negatively.

To summarized, we can only know for sure when the whole thing has already happened as Bitcoin has become one of the most unpredictable animals there is.
ROT13

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 06:09:39 AM

Who knows.  As things stand now though I think the level of public awareness, especially among the wealthy means chaos and panic probably has more upside for bitcoin than downside
Beparanf

Activity: 2786
Merit: 763

Burpaaa

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:03:18 AM

Who knows.  As things stand now though I think the level of public awareness, especially among the wealthy means chaos and panic probably has more upside for bitcoin than downside
Chances may happen since many Japenese people now where into btc. Ot might affect their activities and btc and may not be able to access internet. Let's hope for war not to happen.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:45:34 AM

Firstly, this is purely talk right now. Nothing has been done so far, and i would say that there will be no bombs dropped on Japanese soil at least for now.

Secondly, this is probably irrelevant to the bitcoin world. Bitcoin's supply and demand does not depend on whether a country is at war at another. Of course you could argue that people will start using bitcoin because it's a global currency, when the economy of the countries at war completely collapse, but i doubt it's going to impact the price that much anyways.

Vice versa, why would anyone want to dump their coins just because a country's at war with another one? They are much better off just holding it...

Kingofbitcoin12345

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 08:47:31 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2017, 09:26:39 AM by Kingofbitcoin12345

This is not a pretty topic to begin with but as I want my opinion to be heard.. If (in gods name) that happened bitcoin will soar high more than ever and increased furiously.. Why?? If all bitcoin users be dead at that day all there stocked bitcoin will be locked with them forever so the supply will lowered so the price will increase.. It makes me shakes while answering to this creepy question..

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: