Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:35:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin value crash if North Korea goes to war with Japan  (Read 4290 times)
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 06:44:31 PM

I think that the opposite will happen. If North Korea goes to war against South Korea and Japan, then the value of Japanese Yen and South Korean Won will crash. So the people in these nations will rush to protect their wealth, by purchasing assets such as gold and Bitcoin.
Come on, you're imagining things.
North Korea is not a military power, they have no advanced technology and no means to do harm to a group of allies like Japan, South Korea and USA. I'm talking about these three like one country, because if NK attacks they will all retaliate as one. It will end up much faster than it did in Iraq.
A war between North Korea and the world would end in a month or less. They'd get bombed so much that the area would become uninhabitable.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 10:52:22 AM

I doubt that bitcoin will crash if nokor goes war with japan, it is just an isolated case, and we can say that bitcoin will grow, since a lot of countries will still continue with their lives, hoarding may also happen in japan, if that will be the case, then the price of bitcoin will just go up, there  might also be horading of bitcoins in the region, since there is a threat, and bitcoin can be used anywhere, since you can exchange bitcoins to fiat, people affected by the war then, would just start a new life in other countries, and wait till the war ends.
bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:16:36 PM

I doubt that bitcoin will crash if nokor goes war with japan, it is just an isolated case, and we can say that bitcoin will grow, since a lot of countries will still continue with their lives, hoarding may also happen in japan, if that will be the case, then the price of bitcoin will just go up, there  might also be horading of bitcoins in the region, since there is a threat, and bitcoin can be used anywhere, since you can exchange bitcoins to fiat, people affected by the war then, would just start a new life in other countries, and wait till the war ends.
I also do not think that bitcoin will crash if North Koria goes war with Japan, We can see that even after banning bitcoin in China, bitcoin again got its previous value and hopefully its price will continue increasing, similarly even if there is war between Japan and Koria, it will even not effect Bitcoin so much. because bitcoin is a decentralize currency and is already present through out the world with same value and even the users of bitcoin are continuously increasing which is also making bitcoin more stronger and reliable.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:52:24 PM

I also do not think that bitcoin will crash if North Koria goes war with Japan, We can see that even after banning bitcoin in China, bitcoin again got its previous value

China 'ban' isn't a good way to compare those situations, especially when you consider that it was obvious that China's 'ban' was nothing more than an attempt to buy time in order to prepare for whatever strict regulations the exchanges there will be facing. Aside from that, I strongly believe that Bitcoin will boom further in case the situation with North Korea develops itself into a disaster, which eventually may lead to a war. The regular economy will sink deep into the ground, where people are looking for safe haven assets, and Bitcoin fits perfectly in that category. Compared to Gold it's easy to obtain, doesn't require you to hold physical bulk, etc. I see only benefits here.
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 07:11:45 AM

Hey guys. With North Korea sending one of their bombs flying over the island of Japan it made me realize what happens to the value of Bitcoin if a war breaks out.

If North Korea attacks Japan will it send the value of Bitcoin crashing down or will the opposite happen? 

Let me just also clarify that I do not wish for a war and hope the value goes up in a peaceful environment.
I have seen quite same thread about bitcoin crash due to war between North Korea and USA.
Yes obviously a war will effect bitcoin value negatively but it doesn't mean that it will be crashed if war happens because bitcoin is a decentralized currency having users all over the world not bounded to a specific country, that's why bitcoin will survive even in these worst scenarios.
Trela
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 11:40:42 AM

Hey guys. With North Korea sending one of their bombs flying over the island of Japan it made me realize what happens to the value of Bitcoin if a war breaks out.

If North Korea attacks Japan will it send the value of Bitcoin crashing down or will the opposite happen? 

Let me just also clarify that I do not wish for a war and hope the value goes up in a peaceful environment.
I have seen quite same thread about bitcoin crash due to war between North Korea and USA.
Yes obviously a war will effect bitcoin value negatively but it doesn't mean that it will be crashed if war happens because bitcoin is a decentralized currency having users all over the world not bounded to a specific country, that's why bitcoin will survive even in these worst scenarios.
In my opinion, I think the war between Democratic People's Republic of Korea and United States can not make the price of Bitcoin decrease if it happens. Because I have checked while the tension between the two countries increase more, the price of Bitcoin had increased 10-20% percent because the people in Korea bought many much.

██
           ████ ▄▄▄
          ██  ▄██▄█
         ██ ▄█▀██
        ██▄█▀   ██
       ███▀      ██
     ▄██         ██
   ▄█
██            ██
█▀████    ▄▄▄      ███
▀▀▀██     █▄█▄     ████
  ██        ▀▀██▄▄  ████
 ███████████████▀▀███████
                   █▄█
Protect Your Privacy With Decentralized Internet Protocol
50 Million
Global Users
!     ▐█████▄
     ███████▌
    ▐███████
 ███
████████████▄▄▄
▐██
█████████████████▄
███
██████████████████
 ▀
████████▀▀▀████████
 ▐███████    ████████
 ████████    ███████▀
█████████▄▄████████▀
██████████████████▀
 ██████████████▀▀
  ▀▀███████▀▀▀
LISTED ON               
bithum &
bithum Global
fanbeila

Activity: 714

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 12:08:50 PM

Definitely,it will have an immediate impact on the price of bitcoin since japan after legalizing bitcoin has become the country which has the largest number of BTC trades carried out.Also,we could not forget that bitcoin price grew high immediately after bitcoin legalization there since thousands of retailers are accepting bitcoin payments there.If such a war occurs,definitely all those things would get totally collapsed.There would be a fall in bitcoin demand.As a result of it,bitcoin price would also definitely fall a little.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:29:54 AM

Firstly, war can apparently cause the value of anything to drop but in the case of bitcoin, we might not really say yet since it is a new adoption and we cant be sure the effect it will have.
Secondly, you guys should just stop this whole North Korea nuking bullshit cause it will not happen except NK is just trying to dig her own grave by herself and that would be pretty bad, So in that case, I even see the value of bitcoin stepping up.
reliable

Activity: 868
Merit: 151

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:32:50 AM

If the war happens between any developed or developing country there would be impact on overall economy of the world. Depending upon the intensity of the war and country the impact could be big. It will also have impact on cypto currencies as they cannot be left alone during those crisis time.

Pleione527

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:55:15 AM

Yes I think the value of bitcoin will be affected if the war happens in fact every economy will surely be affected by this because the transactions between different countries and these two concerned country will be somehow paralyze and may cause for the demand to decrease, if the market decreases surely the value appreciation will go down.
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2842
Merit: 575

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:47:22 AM

Despite the looming war between Japan and North Korea, I don't think that bitcoin price will be affected negatively. On the other hand, I think it will soar because the Japanese will just go buy bitcoin to hedge their funds against the imminent war. However, this war will severely impact the world economy because its gonna be costly for both sides. Just my .2 BTC.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
aesma

Activity: 2394
Merit: 918

fly or die

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:15:04 PM

The only war that can happen is North K vs South K. The latter helped by its allies. There is no way NK can do anything to Japan except lobbing some missiles at them, then being obliterated in return.

If that happened, I expect BTC to skyrocket (even more than it already is).
rroyk

Activity: 325
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:50:46 AM

There is one thing for sure my friend the price will be increase drastically. as you see the financial problems and demolishing currency value will affect the country currency from the war most of the people would not wont that and will invest their money into bitcoin.
so as soon as BTC is bought my more and more people the price will increase.
chineseprancing

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:10:24 AM

Despite the looming war between Japan and North Korea, I don't think that bitcoin price will be affected negatively. On the other hand, I think it will soar because the Japanese will just go buy bitcoin to hedge their funds against the imminent war. However, this war will severely impact the world economy because its gonna be costly for both sides. Just my .2 BTC.
Of course it will affect to the price of bitcoin, since Japanese country is one of the most trading country. I know that when war started on North Korea and Japan economy of both country was falling down, so the tendency is to fall down too the exchange of bitcoin in both country. Moreover the digital currency will affected so much due to war happen if necessary. Hoping that war on this country was not happen because I'm sure that it gives large effect to the systematically circulation of bitcoin in the whole world.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:29:30 AM

Large scale impact will be felt over the price of bitcoin. Because both the countries at present contributing big to the digital currency market. War will surely cause a economic collapse or a downtrend, based on which the circulation gets affected and this causes the decrease in the value of bitcoin.
roddy5

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:11:44 AM

Well it depends if the war will only be between them then Bitcoin will not be that affected, same goes with other currencies only countries under the war is being affected. since bitcoin is used by other countries too it will just be a slight effect on it/.
farhaan

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:43:41 AM

We already know that bitcoin price has considerably grown immediately after it got legalized in japan.In short,japan just shut down the mouths of bitcoin criticizers all over the world.Japan legalizing bitcoin was definitely a turning point in the history of bitcoin.

And now,the biggest dominance power in bitcoin,china is no more in the game.Now,immediately the power house has been shifted to japan.In such a situation,if north korea wages war on japan,immediately,there would be a negative impact on the price of bitcoin.But it would last only temporarily,since bitcoin has got users universally.Very soon,the price would recover and so a crash could not be expected.

▄▄ ▀█▄▀█▄ ▄ ▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀  ███▀██▄▄▀
█████▀▀█ ██  ███ ██████▄▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄█ ██▌  ███▄▀██████▄▀
█████▀ ▀▄ ██▄  ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀
 ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▀▄ ▀██▄  ▀▀████████▐▌█
  ██████  ▀▄ ▀██▄▄   ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐▌█▀
   ▀██▀  ▄▄▀▀▄ ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ █▀▄
       ▄███▀  ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▀ ▀▄
       ▀██▀  ▄███  ▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▄ █▄
            ▄███  ▐██▌ ██▌ █▄ ▀
              ▀   ███  ███  ▀
ONSTELLAR   ▄████▄▄
  █████  █▄
 ▐██████████▄▄
 ▐███████████▀█▄
 ██████▀▀▀▀████▀
 █████           ▄▄▄▄                        ▄▄▄
▐█████▌       ▄▄███████        ▄▄████▄      ▀▀███
███████      ███████████      ████████▌       ███
███████▌    ███████▀▀▀███    ▐████   ▀▀
████████   ▐██████▌    ▀▀     ▀▀▀
█████████  ███████
▐█████████   ▀▀▀▀
  ▀██████▀
FROM THE PARANORMAL TO THE METAPHYSICAL
THE WORLD'S FIRST SOCIAL NETWORK
WHERE THE UNEXPLAINED LIVES...

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████▄
█████████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▀█████████████████
████████████████
███████████████ ████████████████
▀██████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▄██████████████▀
▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀▀▀
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
TELEGRAM
landru428

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:54:36 PM

You have to consider the fact that the majority (70%?) of the mining takes place in China.   If China's power grid is affected, then mining will be affected.   If the speed of transaction verification takes, say, a 10% hit, people might quickly abandon BTC for a similar faster currency, causing the price to tank.   

Not everyone believes that the Chinese mining monopoly is a problem. 

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/chinas-mining-dominance-good-or-bad-for-bitcoin/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: