Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:46:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you predict when bitcoin price will saturated?  (Read 1147 times)
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:56:55 PM

It will become saturated when the demand starts declining. For some reason there are many people looking for buying Bitcoins now, I'm not sure why, maybe segwit upgrade? In my opinion the price is increasing too much and too fast, it's not normal... So expect a drop any moment soon. How farther it wil go it's hard to say, last time we have seen drop by $1900, that was a lot. Could it happen again on the same proportion?

You are not sure why? It is because Bitcoin is on every damn news channel around. The media has gone to town about the crazy returns in Bitcoin and a lot of people have become interested.

Seems the media interest on this is just a consequence of Bitcoin price and not the opposite.
If the price wasn't so high and increasing fast the media wouldn't be talking about it a lot.

Precisely. This is the first indication to me that bitcoin is saturated.

Even though it corrected from $5000 i think that the price is still artificially high. Media covered bitcoin because of the price went up, and this sort of sends a positive feedback loop. This cannot continue forever as there is only a finite amount of money in trader's pockets that can be used to buy btc.

I think that we'll still see some further adjustments from the current price level. Don't forget that a month ago we were at $2700, and that was very high already.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 01:09:44 AM

I guess it already kind of is. When the price nearly doubles in a month this thing isn't going to be sustainable for very long. Market has actually been pretty saturated ever since the start of August.

Right now we are in a pretty big bubble. The crash yesterday is just the beginning, i think that we still have some fuel left in the tank for another pump which will essentially inflate the bubble even more and perhaps tip it over the edge.

It'll be pretty scary when the whole page on coinmarketcap turns red... So be mindful when you invest.
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:18:27 PM

It will become saturated when the demand starts declining. For some reason there are many people looking for buying Bitcoins now, I'm not sure why, maybe segwit upgrade? In my opinion the price is increasing too much and too fast, it's not normal... So expect a drop any moment soon. How farther it wil go it's hard to say, last time we have seen drop by $1900, that was a lot. Could it happen again on the same proportion?

You are not sure why? It is because Bitcoin is on every damn news channel around. The media has gone to town about the crazy returns in Bitcoin and a lot of people have become interested.

Seems the media interest on this is just a consequence of Bitcoin price and not the opposite.
If the price wasn't so high and increasing fast the media wouldn't be talking about it a lot.

Even though it corrected from $5000 i think that the price is still artificially high. Media covered bitcoin because of the price went up, and this sort of sends a positive feedback loop. This cannot continue forever as there is only a finite amount of money in trader's pockets that can be used to buy btc.

I think that we'll still see some further adjustments from the current price level. Don't forget that a month ago we were at $2700, and that was very high already.
i do not think that the price is artificially high, to me i think that the price of bitcoin has the potential to increasing and the increase in the price of bitcoin  is only because of the increasing demand of bitcoin. i am sure that bitcoin demand will continue increasing because the interest of the people in bitcoin is increasing from time to time and therefore the price of bitcoin will also continue increasing.
quarkyplum

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 07:08:27 PM

i do not think that the price is artificially high, to me i think that the price of bitcoin has the potential to increasing and the increase in the price of bitcoin  is only because of the increasing demand of bitcoin. i am sure that bitcoin demand will continue increasing because the interest of the people in bitcoin is increasing from time to time and therefore the price of bitcoin will also continue increasing.
Trap price of real price depend your thought about this market, anytime this definition can changes easy and you will surprise if do not ready. I strongly recommend you should prepare some strategy for worst situation of crypto world, not only Bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: