Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:05:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin thieves ?  (Read 1543 times)
doomloop

Activity: 2282
Merit: 581

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:39:58 AM

Good day . For me the best wallet to avoid thieves is web wallet instead of hardware wallet.  .and also wallet that have a 2factor authentication so that our bitcoin will be safe and secure. And also the best strategy to avoid thieves is changing your password every month. . I hope it can help .
well according to me it does not make any difference to changes your transaction or your wallet I just want to say that mark my words respected mate that bitcoin is going to become more popular there are a lot of wallets that can make bitcoin safe and you will not be able to lose your bitcoin by the bad robbers and the thieves blockchain is my only selection in this case so take your bitcoin and put them into blockchain and your hardware wallets so get a move on…. And try it and save your bitcoin from extorting.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remainder

Activity: 950
Merit: 517

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 02:37:36 AM

For me it is very risk that we have bitcoin in online wallet, because we don't know when the attacker attacked our wallets and be sure to backup our bitcoin savings in hardwallet or in offline wallet in order to safeguard our savings.
There are many ways that our wallet to be hacked and it is in our hand how to handle such things in our bitcoin savings.
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 02:40:48 AM

It is a good idea to check the address 2 times you will send a virus, the virus will change the address of the opposite party during the transfer, that is, copy its own address.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
finzyoj

Activity: 644
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 02:55:39 AM

Hey, i'm newbie in this industry and I've came across this article - https://fxpmarkets.blog/2017/08/29/crypto-thieves/
Is it true ?

Yeah that is true., the more the bitcoin or other crypto currencies become more popular the more the bitcoin hackers/thieves multiply. So for us just be carefull of using or even selecting your bitcoin wallet. To avoid lossing btc we should be responsible and be assured that all the details of our acc./wallet is fully secured.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
ir.yance

Activity: 354
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 04:12:35 AM

Hey, i'm newbie in this industry and I've came across this article - https://fxpmarkets.blog/2017/08/29/crypto-thieves/
Is it true ?
if so - what is the best way to protect our coins?

of course it is very possible semangakin growing technology and create digital money so semankin a lot of hackers ,, fortunately melindingi your coins that is by storing in the wallet offline
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 10:52:11 PM

i think they use steal their phone number and try to login in victim's account and start to send all of the bitcoin into their account, i think its not system of bitcoin weakness, but the victim is the weakness and give her email, phone number into thieves so the thieves can stole the bitcoin easly
I think it is not so easy to do this now because the bitcoin organization has launched a lot of safe and secure wallets for this purpose and using this wallet will make you avoid the loss of the bitcoin and it will give you more profit because you will be able to hold your bitcoin for long time using wallet will provide you a security key and the password of your wallet then no one can hack or steal your bitcoin until you share your wallet key with then and if they try for it then it is useless for them.
As far as someone has his private key in his pockets, nobody can steal his bitcoins and I am sure no one is that blind to trust anyone with such credential. Still, this world has people of all kind and I can bet there would be people out there who have shared it already, especially loving birds.
Robbert_b (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:45:57 AM

Where can i read about storing my wallet offline? do i need some extra strong computer for it ?
ActiveP

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 08:52:14 PM

Is it true ?

You must hold your coins yourself, this way if you lose them you know its your fault. Leaving your assets on exchanges and wallets without the private key is dangerous and you should always be prepared for the worst.

CryptoBeefy

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:40:10 PM

For the online wallets, enabling 2 step authentication where you have to confirm a code text to your phone offers a bit more security and peace of mind. By default it usually is only above 1btc but you can enabling it on all transactions, as well as logging in etc.
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:05:38 PM

According to the article, the thieves will steal the phone number and adjust the account which is an exchange wallet.
So, it's better to use a web wallet which doesn't rely on phone number to open it but only strong password.
Or, just use an offline wallet like paper wallet, hardware wallet, ledger-nano and trezor will be fine.
jal007

Activity: 138

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:09:59 PM

hackers not attack the blockchaine directly, but attack the most weak piece in blockchaine, they attack us, user of blockchaine
Markistrue

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:10:30 PM

Is it true ?

Yeah that is true., the more the bitcoin or other crypto currencies become more popular the more the bitcoin hackers/thieves multiply. So for us just be carefull of using or even selecting your bitcoin wallet. To avoid lossing btc we should be responsible and be assured that all the details of our acc./wallet is fully secured.

Indeed essentially all technology will certainly be a loophole for hackers to commit crimes. Because the hackers already have experience that is high enough in the world of security, which surely will provide many things to give many disadvantages for us. In fact the system is very secure, bitcoin inside just that extra security forces (your account) it depends on how you do it. Because most benefit from hackers a chance at security account you use, if it doesn't you can do all of your Bitcoin surely will disappear
deddod

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:46:40 PM

I think blockchain is not easy to hack because it is equipped with 2fa.
although in the article it is said that they also steal phone numbers to get 2fa. but I think that's pretty hard.
the problem now is MEW & Waves. no special security to enter into waves & MEW accounts rely solely on private key. this is very easy once hacked, even if only use fishing web.

▄█▄
   ██▀  ▄█▄
  ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
 ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
▐█▌  ▄█▀  ▄▀
██   ██  
██   ██  
██   ██  
▐█▌  ▀█▄  ▀▄
 ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
  ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
   ██▄  ▀█▀
    ▀█▀
████
▀▀▀▀
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▐████
▀▀     ▄▄▄▄▄▀██████████▐████
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████▀ ▀▄▄▄     ▐████
▀▀     ▄▀███▄▄▄▄       ▐████
▄▄   ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▐████
▄▄   ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐████

▀▄▄▀▀▀  ██████           ▐████
██████▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████

▄▄  ████▀▄██████████▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀ ▄████████████▐████
BIDIUM       ▄█▄
   ▄█▄
  ▀██

▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
  ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▐█▌
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
  ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▐█▌
 ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▄██
▄▀
  ▄█▀  ▄██
   ▀█▀
  ▄██
       ▀█▀

kuyaJ

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:19:45 AM

Is it true ?

you can protect your coin, when you withdraw it but you cannot be succesful to that way so take the risk and trust your online wallet.
HashFace

Activity: 406
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:20:26 AM

Lots of suggestions here to use hardware wallets, but do hardware wallets only work for Bitcoin, or can you store Litecoin, dash, monero,  Etherium, on there as well?
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:16:47 AM

For me the best way to protect you coins is by having your hardwallet. It is morr secure than online wallet. If you can't afford to have one, I suggest you save your coins on a trusted online wallet then enable the two factor authentication or 2fa. It will add more security in your online wallet. Then avoid giving your details to unknown person and avoid clicking untrusted links because they might be phishing sites.
lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:49:03 AM

you can protect your coin...
when you want the best way to protect your bitcoins is storing them in a wallet.
i think blockchain is the best wallet
doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:11:52 AM

Is it true ?

Use some hardware wallet or any trusted offline wallet, this way, you could secure your bitcoin to the fullest, also to assure yourself so you don't have to worry about it all the time getting steal by someone. Don't fully trust the online web wallets out there, because they are too vulnerable to hackers and could easily penetrate.

Unlike the hardware wallets, you are the only one who knows the private key and it couldn't be hacked since it is offline most of the time.
MostHigh

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:22:38 AM

Yes bitcoin theft is for real and there have a some very intriguing thefts that shakes the crypto-market but the article also suggested good ways you can avoid this theft through cold storage and paper wallet us well as cautious trading. To any major reward there are great risk but the ability to make it out of the danger is the solution you must seek
ekoice

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:36:33 AM

That article is talking about failed exchanges and exchanges where are undergoing problems. In this situation is easy to protect your bitcoin, just keep them in your wallet and don't keep them on an exchange. Choosing a desktop wallet is better than choosing a web wallet and choosing a hardware wallet is the best you can do to protect your coins.
Yes,Mt.Gox collapse is a big eye opener to all those who hold bitcoins in the exchanges.Otherwise,we should be ready to loose our bitcoins.I too used to keep a little amount of bitcoins in exchange when here was a huge transaction fee and transaction time was longer.But it is not advisable.So,its always better to keep our bitcoins in a desk top wallet say Electrum.But care should be taken to download that wallet from the official website only.Otherwise,we would have to loose our bitcoins just as a person lost his 40 BTC by downloading wallet from Electron cash.com instead of official wallet Electrum.org.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: